Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Oh lads....!!! I have just been messaged by a young dude in New York with the oddest profile. Actually the photos are worse than the profile. His main pic is him with a Movember type thing on his face, which is ok, its that time of year...when I clicked into the pics though it is actually him sitting on his bed with an €rection and what looks like a hanky or a skimpy pair of boxers over it.

World/Life, I am taking the hint and doing something better with my day!!

...gave me a good laugh though, the rest of his pics are eh, a bit odd, to say the least :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

miamee wrote: »
    Oh lads....!!! I have just been messaged by a young dude in New York with the oddest profile.

Why don't you make it so only people from Ireland can mail you? I'm sure it's bound to limit unwanted mail somewhat.

mood wrote: »
    And that's another reason I try to avoid dinner dates until I'm going out with someone. God forbid you don't like/fancy the guy... instead of him thinking 'at least we gave it a shot' he might think 'she only wanted a free meal'. :rolleyes:

Go 'Dutch'? Then nobody can complain really.

edit: Just saw this fantastic profile...

"Wjak+/'&&8#92;#+?8+#.^¿`€©€^:-/:-/:-[o_O:-[:O:-/:-V:-/O:-):-/:-C:-(:-/O:-):O:-*:-@O:-)jjJ®®§¥£=^^£[¡[[€`©€¡[\}¡^§$®®=``£©©£`£]£]=]©€®$}§~»=§€[^€®€`£©=`¿]©€©
    ?»€^^¿

JjskosnnwjinsijwjjixoxjJj§§§:-C:-CO:-):-/:-CO:-):-/:-V:-/:-/:-\O:-):-/:-/O:-):-/;;%8?+#;#++®®£¡^^€^®€^£

^^€§®€^^€^^€[o_O:-@O:-)B-)B-)O:-)X-(:-/:-/-;#+,!8+@+®;®£^[^$¢¢«€]`©©¿"

- I didn't even think they did Windings anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Galvasean wrote: »
    Why don't you make it so only people from Ireland can mail you? I'm sure it's bound to limit unwanted mail somewhat.

She never said his naked pic was unwanted! :D:D:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Definitely should though I thought I had done that by limiting my search to Ireland only. Must check my settings later, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Go 'Dutch'? Then nobody can complain really.

No. Most guys would insist on paying. I think it's too formal for a first date anyway OD or real life.

I had a message on OKC last night from some 26 year old - 'do you want to chat'!

NO Im old enough to be your mother! :rolleyes:

Dovies wrote: »
    I had a message on OKC last night from some 26 year old - 'do you want to chat'!

NO Im old enough to be your mother! :rolleyes:

Yes. If I'm old/young enough to be your mother/daughter don't waste you time contacting me! Seriously, these idiots need to READ a profile. :rolleyes:

No. Most guys would insist on paying. I think it's too formal for a first date anyway OD or real life.

Hmm, from what I can garner from this thread most guys offer to pay, but are quite happy to accept the first Dutch offer. I thought it was kind of the done thing these days.
    Unless of course guys insist on paying in the hope that the girl will offer to buy the first round of drinks and thereby extend the date a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Having a bad weekend. The date I was suppose to meet earlier in the week was rescheduled to coffee and again he cancelled. So I guess he was just playing me. I sent messages to ten men over the weekend and not one reply :-(

So I got a reply this morning from one of the men I messaged which read "You seem very nice but you are too old for me. All the best". This man is 7 years older than me :-0
    Just as well i have a thick skin. It is the perfect excuse to go out at lunchtime to buy a pair of shoes to cheer me up. :-)

• Advertisement

So I got a reply this morning from one of the men I messaged which read "You seem very nice but you are too old for me. All the best". This man is 7 years older than me :-0

Sounds like somebody is having a midlife crisis...

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

Ok, my ex from like 10 years ago keeps messaging me with, your beautiful or how havent you been snapped up yet etc etc the aul copy and paste style, im not being funny but has he completly lost his marbles...... does he not remember me, we only went out for 5 bloody years!
    This is the second time ive blocked him from messaging me! Im baffled, like you have to laugh!

and he is totally lying about his age, he is nowhere near 28, the big fibber!

Just as well i have a thick skin. It is the perfect excuse to go out at lunchtime to buy a pair of shoes to cheer me up. :-)

It amazes me that men think they have their choice of younger women. Of all the couples I have known over the years only two have a age difference (8 years and 10 years). He will be single a long time if he considers a women 7 years younger too old for him!

It amazes me that men think they have their choice of younger women. Of all the couples I have known over the years only two have a age difference (8 years and 10 years). He will be single a long time if he considers a women 7 years younger too old for him!

Tell me about it! One guy on POF - think he is around 50 ish - has on his profile that he wants to start another family!

Dovies wrote: »
    Tell me about it! One guy on POF - think he is around 50 ish - has on his profile that he wants to start another family!

He probably thinks it's the only way he will get a younger woman.

Ok, my ex from like 10 years ago keeps messaging me with, your beautiful or how havent you been snapped up yet etc etc the aul copy and paste style, im not being funny but has he completly lost his marbles...... does he not remember me, we only went out for 5 bloody years!

Maybe the breakup hurt so much that he got that treatment from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind so he could forget you?

This is the second time ive blocked him from messaging me! Im baffled, like you have to laugh!

I think I would have to reply and say something along the lines of WTF :confused::confused::confused:

Have you written to him and called him out on it? I would have to write back.

Yeah I have to say I would too!

Tell me about it. Some of the men in their 40's seem slightly delusional in their expectations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

BoyJohn129 wrote: »
    Frickin being a nice guy can be a real pain in the ass!
    So true. I get dirty looks for being polite.:rolleyes:

Im tempted to delete my profile and recreate it, see if I get any messages/replies then. Last message I got was a 'Hi' message, almost 3 weeks ago.:(

No i havent, the first time he had messaged me was from a pretty much blank account with no pics etc, then one day he messages me again with a pic, i nearly swallowed my scalding tea, cup and all!

I went and blocked him straight away!
    Now here he is popping back up again same style messages with a new name and he is miraculously 28 now :eek::eek: i was going to write back, but i actually couldnt face it, he is a vile man and i really want nothing to do with him, so i just block him.
    But im really confused if he just dosent remember me from my pics or what, its just bizzar!!

No i havent, the first time he had messaged me was from a pretty much blank account with no pics etc, then one day he messages me again with a pic, i nearly swallowed my scalding tea, cup and all!

I went and blocked him straight away!
    Now here he is popping back up again same style messages with a new name and he is miraculously 28 now :eek::eek: i was going to write back, but i actually couldnt face it, he is a vile man and i really want nothing to do with him, so i just block him.
    But im really confused if he just dosent remember me from my pics or what, its just bizzar!!

Do you think he is doing it on purpose, getting some weird kick out of it? Surely you can't forget someone you went out with for 5(?) years!!

Do you think he is doing it on purpose, getting some weird kick out of it? Surely you can't forget someone you went out with for 5(?) years!!

My thoughts exactly!!! five years, i mean a few wrinkles, a couple of pounds here n there but i havent changed that much!
    Maby he is doing it for a kick though, you could be right! Wish he would just leave me alone now :(. Stalking me for a year was bad enough.

My thoughts exactly!!! five years, i mean a few wrinkles, a couple of pounds here n there but i havent changed that much!
    Maby he is doing it for a kick though, you could be right! Wish he would just leave me alone now :(. Stalking me for a year was bad enough.

That explains it. He sounds like an absolute weirdo. You're doing the right thing blocking/ignoring. People like that are not worth the time of day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Creepy one right there. I might sound a bit harsh, these people could do with a few slaps might cop them on a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

I've been stood up twice out of 20 (maybe a bit more) first dates, <10% for me. That said though, 1 in 10 being no shows is pretty poor form. 1 in 4 is just scandalous!
    That's why I always arrange to meet somewhere in the city centre. That way if they don't show up I can still go to the cinema (I love you Cineworld card) or do something else.

Like a football manager's crafty rotation in case of unexpected injury! Very good thinking and something I'll remember in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Just got a message from a guy whose profile pic is his big fat belly and the top of what looks to be a veritable forest of ginger pubes.

I'm regretting the rather large lunch I just had.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Just got a message from a guy whose profile pic is his big fat belly and the top of what looks to be a veritable forest of ginger pubes.

I'm regretting the rather large lunch I just had.

*Report if main profile picture is not of user's face*

That is his face!!! :eek:

• Advertisement

Phrases I see repeated on women's profiles a lot-

"I like going out with my girls"
    "I go to the gym" (seriously, does everyone go to the gym or something?)
    "No likey no lighty" (which I have no idea what it's a reference to)
    "Don't know why I'm here/A friend put me up to this/other excuses"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement