Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Reminder folks, it's not chit chat thread.
    Off topic posts have been deleted, stay on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

hi folks, a recent poster has asked that I delete their posts from this morning, so I've deleted them and any posts that quote them or reply to them, otherwise the thread would be disjointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

sam34 wrote: »
    hi folks, a recent poster has asked that I delete their posts from this morning, so I've deleted them and any posts that quote them or reply to them, otherwise the thread would be disjointed.

Aww man! And to think I finally gave somebody some good advice! :pac:
    But in relation to your post Sam, is it worth having a disclaimer in the OP telling people to beware about what they say on thread? I mean, TGC isn't exactly a private forum and Boards is so big that anyone could be watching?

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

awec wrote: »
    I added a note to the OP.

The basic gist is think before you post. Don't post anything up that you are uncomfortable with people knowing.

I missed all that. Did the person give too much info away or something? It is important to leave out identifying details on any forum.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Boardsie date postponed til around Christmas, as he's snowed under with work (seven day weeks). I'm gonna stick around and not tell him to forget about it, purely because I'm 99.9% sure he's genuine. Boo-urns, though!

Anyone got dates this weekend? :)

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Boardsie date postponed til around Christmas, as he's snowed under with work (seven day weeks). I'm gonna stick around and not tell him to forget about it, purely because I'm 99.9% sure he's genuine. Boo-urns, though!

Anyone got dates this weekend? :)

Go on other dates in the mean time if they come up. Don't put anything off for someone you never even meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

mood wrote: »

Go on other dates in the mean time if they come up. Don't put anything off for someone you never even meet.

+1. Whether you have the option of being choosy or not dates are like interviews......the more you go to the better you get and experience is everything!

+1. Whether you have the option of being choosy or not dates are like interviews......the more you go to the better you get and experience is everything!

Oh yeah, I know that, I'm not pinning a load of hopes on one person. :pac:

My profiles are deleted though 'cause I don't want to date anyone really, this person is just an exception, lol.

• Advertisement

Is there an online dating site that would be more for us culchies? Pain when more people are from Dublin or Belfast. I've dated a few people from the capital but over an hour trip means that it never comes to anything.

Was fine when all I wanted was to date but now I'm looking for a bit more.

Is there an online dating site that would be more for us culchies? Pain when more people are from Dublin or Belfast. I've dated a few people from the capital but over an hour trip means that it never comes to anything.

Tried Tagged? Not exactly a great dating site, but it's not too bad once you wade through the weirdos on it. There are loads of people fro Dundalk and other areas outside of Dublin on it.

That's not that far. Even if you live in Dublin it can take an hour to travel from one part to another.

It's very quite here tonight. Is everyone on dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Galvasean wrote: »
    Aww man! And to think I finally gave somebody some good advice! :pac:
    But in relation to your post Sam, is it worth having a disclaimer in the OP telling people to beware about what they say on thread? I mean, TGC isn't exactly a private forum and Boards is so big that anyone could be watching?
    I missed all that. Did the person give too much info away or something? It is important to leave out identifying details on any forum.

I posted up a situation this morning that I'm in, and I gave away some info that I shouldn't.

For those that seen it at the time, I've taken the 'right' decision that was advised, so thank you to those who replied at the time.

As for the weekend, I've a fifth date with the girl who I'm smitten with :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I went to the cinema tonight! :)
    ... with three of the lads. :( Seven Psychopaths is great though.

I'm thinking of asking out a girl I've been chatting with recently. I found her profile on-line a few days ago. Just working up the courage to ask her is the challenge! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Nope I was on pof half the night I sent and received a few mails but it was a chore because I was getting crap answers back or having to keep the conversations going . I just stopped mailing everybody back that I was talking to .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I'm thinking of asking out a girl I've been chatting with recently. I found her profile on-line a few days ago. Just working up the courage to ask her is the challenge! :o

good luck :D

Carpe Diem ! So go for it and see what happens . The worse outcome is a bruised ego and we have all gone through that .

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Do it! Nothing to lose, everything to gain. It is why you're talking to her after all.

Nope I was on pof half the night I sent and received a few mails but it was a chore because I was getting rap answers back or having to keep the conversations going . I just stopped mailing everybody back that I was talking to .

Ah, wannabes are everywhere. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

good luck :D
    Carpe Diem ! So go for it and see what happens . The worse outcome is a bruised ego and we have all gone through that .

Thank ye! :) I'll probably be seeing her one of the evenings next week. Might take that as an opportunity to say something.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Do it! Nothing to lose, everything to gain. It is why you're talking to her after all.

Sorry, meant to say I've been talking to her in "real life" the last few weeks. I only found her on POF this week. I'm not just talking to her 'cause I fancy her! :p

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ah, wannabes are everywhere. :)

Fixed it now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Can I get some advice from you guys? Is 10 years too much of an age gap do you think? And if an older (late thirties) woman is contacted by a guy in his late twenties, is there a good chance he is looking for NSA? Its been fun exchanging messages and he seems like a nice, interesting guy but I am a bit wary.

hollypink wrote: »
    Can I get some advice from you guys? Is 10 years too much of an age gap do you think? And if an older (late thirties) woman is contacted by a guy in his late twenties, is there a good chance he is looking for NSA? Its been fun exchanging messages and he seems like a nice, interesting guy but I am a bit wary.

He might be thinking the same. I'm in my mid twenties ans starting seeing a woman who was 19 years older than me. We got on great and personally speaking looks wise I'm attracted to women in their 30s rather than their 20s.....she was an exception in her 40s.

So it all depends on how mature he is but he may just like you for you so take it at face value for now! what have you got to lose?

For me that would be too young but it depends on what you want. If it's just a fun, short lived fling then go for it but if you want to meet a long term partner it might not work at as you will most likely be at different stages in life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I had two dates over the past week. First one was with a seriously hot woman, we had a good laugh, I thought I might see her again but alas she sent the "theres no spark" message the next day. The next was nothing like her profile photo and I eventually made my excuses and left early.

I was chatting to one or two others. Asked a girl out that I really wanted to see but she's just disappeared, not logged in for a while and no reply !! :confused:

On the plus side is the dates I have had I wasn't the one to do the asking out so thats a positive for a change :cool:

Age is only a number its all about chemistry and how people get along . If it feels right go for it !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

For me that would be too young but it depends on what you want. If it's just a fun, short lived fling then go for it but if you want to meet a long term partner it might not work at as you will most likely be at different stages in life.

Yeah thats the way I am thinking myself re stages in life. But I'll see..

• Advertisement

KTRIC wrote: »
    I had two dates over the past week. First one was with a seriously hot woman, we had a good laugh, I thought I might see her again but alas she sent the "theres no spark" message the next day. The next was nothing like her profile photo and I eventually made my excuses and left early.

I was chatting to one or two others. Asked a girl out that I really wanted to see but she's just disappeared, not logged in for a while and no reply !! :confused:

On the plus side is the dates I have had I wasn't the one to do the asking out so thats a positive for a change :cool:

People have a life outside of online dating. She might be too busy to log or be seeing someone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement