Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Ha, its not tomorrow, so you are ok, its not you :)

Don't mean it in a bad way but Phew !!! I had a "incident" here on the thread with a date once :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

KTRIC wrote: »

Don't mean it in a bad way but Phew !!! I had a "incident" here on the thread with a date once :rolleyes:

Now now ktric, you can't leave something like that hanging!! Is she still here or gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Anybody else find themselves most frequently put off by the music people list? After i've discarded the Florence & The Machine fans and the people who stopped listening to anything new after they turned 16 it's slim pickings!

I'd put taste in music as a very low priority. I mean, you're not going to drop the love of your life over a disagreement in music taste - or are you?
    That said, it irks me how many girls' profiles just say, "I like all kinds of music" when clearly they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Okc seems very quiet recently, not having much luck at all but then I guess I haven't been putting in lots of effort either. Anyone have dates arranged this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

blacklilly wrote: »
    Okc seems very quiet recently, not having much luck at all but then I guess I haven't been putting in lots of effort either. Anyone have dates arranged this week?

Hopefully Monday. So far away, anything could happen in between..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Galvasean wrote: »
    I'd put taste in music as a very low priority. I mean, you're not going to drop the love of your life over a disagreement in music taste - or are you?
    That said, it irks me how many girls' profiles just say, "I like all kinds of music" when clearly they don't.

I would see it as relativly important, I go to a lot of gigs, spend a lot of evenings listing to music and its one of my main interests and something I look for in someone. While having the same taste in music isnt essential having an active interest is. I mean I am willing to make some compromises, I once went along to a Pet Shop Boys gig.

Okc seems very quiet recently,

I've noticed that two. Hvaen't really used it in the last couple of weeks. I always log in and check the 'whose new' list, but there's rarely anyone new so I don't stick around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I would see it as relativly important, I go to a lot of gigs, spend a lot of evenings listing to music and its one of my main interests and something I look for in someone. While having the same taste in music isnt essential having an active interest is. I mean I am willing to make some compromises, I once went along to a Pet Shop Boys gig.

Might be important to you for a few years (school/college age) but it not important in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I've noticed that two. Hvaen't really used it in the last couple of weeks. I always log in and check the 'whose new' list, but there's rarely anyone new so I don't stick around.

And that's possibly why it's so quite.

Larianne wrote: »

Hopefully Monday. So far away, anything could happen in between..

Great, fingers crossed, keep positive.

• Advertisement

Look at you fishing for the newbies!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

mood wrote: »
    Might be important to you for a few years (school/college age) but it not important in the long term.

I disagree. It's important to me in the long-term. I have never loved someone who wasn't passionate about the same kind of music as me. All of my great loves have been music obsessives. To others this might seem bizarre, but to me it's akin to political persuasion or something. Bonding over music and sharing a life-long love of it are extremely pleasurable. After being a lovely person who wants similar things, it's my most important criterion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

mood wrote: »

Im out of college about 10 years, I just have no interest in leading completly seperate lives to my other half. I regularly see couples in thier 60's at the gigs I head to and thats what I want somoene who I can share one of my passions with for the rest of my life.

Look at you fishing for the newbies!

The number of girls in my search criteria (age/location) is relatively small on OKC. Quite simply, I've messaged all the ones I was interested in already so I don't see much point n scrolling through the same few faces again and again. Much more efficient to have a glance at the newbies every few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

Some guy has put up naughty photos of his girlfriend as his profile photo on Pof. I'd be mortified if a guy did that without my permission

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Some guy has put up naughty photos of his girlfriend as his profile photo on Pof. I'd be mortified if a guy did that without my permission

Link?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Jesus, report that profile, seriously.

LyndaMcL wrote: »

Jesus, report that profile, seriously.
    I would be here all night reporting them as there are quite a few profiles on Pof that guys have put their ex/gf in their underwear etc

I would be here all night reporting them as there are quite a few profiles on Pof that guys have put their ex/gf in their underwear etc

And however many you see, you should report.

It's people like those who ruin OD for everyone else. By not reporting profiles like that, they're free to do whatever they want.

If somebody posted images of you in compromising situations online, I'm sure you'd want somebody to report it, so it'd be removed as quickly as possible.

And however many you see, you should report.

It's people like those who ruin OD for everyone else. By not reporting profiles like that, they're free to do whatever they want.

If somebody posted images of you in compromising situations online, I'm sure you'd want somebody to report it, so it'd be removed as quickly as possible.
    He just keeps putting up new photos of different girls in his bedroom. Ive seen 5 different girls in their underwear in his room so far as his profile photo and they are not photos from the net...as in real ordinary girls. Surely Pof should block his profile?What a creepy thing to do

• Advertisement

He just keeps putting up new photos of different girls in his bedroom. Ive seen 5 different girls in their underwear in his room so far as his profile photo and they are not photos from the net...as in real ordinary girls. Surely Pof should block his profile?

There are so many members on POF that they're not going to catch everyone without people reporting profiles that breach rules.

There are so many members on POF that they're not going to catch everyone without people reporting profiles that breach rules.
    I can't report the photos via a smart phone on their app.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

He just keeps putting up new photos of different girls in his bedroom. Ive seen 5 different girls in their underwear in his room so far as his profile photo and they are not photos from the net...as in real ordinary girls. Surely Pof should block his profile?
    Not until it is reported. There are thousands of profiles on there, the only way they know something is wrong like that is if it is reported. He will never know and it only takes a few seconds to do. If I'd seen it, I would do it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Hah, glad to see i'm not completely insane. Must say my favourite relationships have always been with die hard musos (even more so than me). That said i did go out with someone who only listened to Beyonce exclusively and they were still cool. I tend to associate people who listen to bland music with a bland personality but that's not really the case i should be a bit more rational about these things.

That said i was once serenaded by a girl with Damien Rice, Glen Hansard and accoustic pop covers by kids on Youtube and left despite being very much in there. A guys gotta have standards.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I can't report the photos via a smart phone on their app.
    Yes you can, open his profile, go to menu on that page, report user is one of the options.

miamee wrote: »
    Not until it is reported. There are thousands of profiles on there, the only way they know something is wrong like that is if it is reported. He will never know and it only takes a few seconds to do. If I'd seen it, I would do it myself.
    You can't report it on the Pof app on a smart phone so there is nothing I can do

I've seen 4 more women's photos in their underwear on Pof. The profile comes up as 'online' users so it should be easy to find. I went Onto the photo to report but it is not possible on iPhone app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

People doing all their online dating via phones is putting the quality level in the toilet. I can't think what to write when most girls profiles are 3 sentences long and in txt speak. PoF really need to introduce some system like OKC where people are incentivised to make an effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

supackofidiots
    Post deleted, any more of that shyte round here and you will be gone from here, permanently.

• Advertisement

People doing all their online dating via phones is putting the quality level in the toilet. I can't think what to write when most girls profiles are 3 sentences long and in txt speak. PoF really need to introduce some system like OKC where people are incentivised to make an effort.
    Huge stereotype of people who use iPhone online dating apps....I'm highly educated and successful and I don't use txt speak...plus smart phones auto correct spelling

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement