Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

People doing all their online dating via phones is putting the quality level in the toilet. I can't think what to write when most girls profiles are 3 sentences long and in txt speak. PoF really need to introduce some system like OKC where people are incentivised to make an effort.

I think most of those profiles are made on computers with full key-boards. Lest we forget, we are now seeing the influx of the Bebo generation onto the wider ranges of the Internet...

*shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Didn't mean to make a comparison between people here using iphones (you all express yourself well) and i'm posting this on a nokia numeric keypad. I realise it sounded like that though and i appologise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭supackofidiots

Panthro wrote: »
    supackofidiots
    Post deleted, any more of that shyte round here and you will be gone from here, permanently.

ah cool the jets horse will you, sure it's only a bit of friendly banter. jesus some people need to lighten up and learn how to take a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭LittleFox

Well just home from the date think 9 hours means it went well :p seeing him Wednesday week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

ah cool the jets horse will you, sure it's only a bit of friendly banter. jesus some people need to lighten up and learn how to take a joke.

poster banned- has had two warnings on this thread in less than a week and now questioning mod direction on-thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

LittleFox wrote: »
    Well just home from the date think 9 hours means it went well :p seeing him Wednesday week :)

Switswoo, that is brilliant - will you be going to Galway next? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭LittleFox

miamee wrote: »

Switswoo, that is brilliant - will you be going to Galway next? :D
    Ah thanks, ha not just yet he's back up in Dublin next week for a gig with mates so will see him the next day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

People be crazy. A guy showed up in my news feed yesterday, had a look at his profile and he’s in Manchester, so obviously I didn’t message him. He messaged me two minutes later saying I was the second Irish person to view him that day. I explained that he’d showed up in my news feed. He comes back and says “Well you obviously weren’t that impressed, seeing as you didn’t message me.” I just said that I didn’t see the point, seeing as he was in another country. He replies with “Well, yes, if you’re purely focussed on getting dates then it might seem relatively pointless striking up a conversation with me, I guess. But, I’ll have you know, I’m quite the friendly type and a good long distance flirt is not to be sniffed at!”

FFS, of course I’m focussed on getting dates, it’s a focking dating site, like. I’ve enough friends, thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Honey-ec wrote: »
    ...and a good long distance flirt is not to be sniffed at....

Depends what people are into, really... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

People be crazy. A guy showed up in my news feed yesterday, had a look at his profile and he’s in Manchester, so obviously I didn’t message him. He messaged me two minutes later saying I was the second Irish person to view him that day. I explained that he’d showed up in my news feed. He comes back and says “Well you obviously weren’t that impressed, seeing as you didn’t message me.” I just said that I didn’t see the point, seeing as he was in another country. He replies with “Well, yes, if you’re purely focussed on getting dates then it might seem relatively pointless striking up a conversation with me, I guess. But, I’ll have you know, I’m quite the friendly type and a good long distance flirt is not to be sniffed at!”

FFS, of course I’m focussed on getting dates, it’s a focking dating site, like. I’ve enough friends, thanks very much.

In other words, he can't get laid in real life, so wants to have some cyber sex as a last resort. :pac:

• Advertisement

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    In other words, he can't get laid in real life, so wants to have some cyber sex as a last resort. :pac:

Dude should just go watch some p0rn. Less effort required.

I can recommend him an excellent site, actually...

Dude should just go watch some p0rn. Less effort required.

I can recommend him an excellent site, actually...

I guess some people like the more 'realistic' aspect of people over the internet being involved, rather than just watching?

I could also recommend some good sites. :o:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

He just keeps putting up new photos of different girls in his bedroom. Ive seen 5 different girls in their underwear in his room so far as his profile photo and they are not photos from the net...as in real ordinary girls. Surely Pof should block his profile?What a creepy thing to do

Wow what a stud. I think he's on the wrong site. He could be a pick up artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Wow what a sicko

FYP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Maybe the girls were hookers. Or maybe it wasn't even his room. Who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

I've seen 4 more women's photos in their underwear on Pof. The profile comes up as 'online' users so it should be easy to find. I went Onto the photo to report but it is not possible on iPhone app

On android you press the softkey on the left side of your phone to bring up the report option would imagine its similar on iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

So I've just received a 'flirt' notice on POF.

I mean, I know I'm an attractive man and all, but a message of some description would be helpful.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I mean, I know I'm an attractive man and all, but a message of some description would be helpful.
    Those yokes or the 'smile' or 'wink' options that used to be on some other sites are pretty pointless. Someone still has to write the first message!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is that "flirt" thing a hidden/bonus option or something? I can't find it. :o

Married men (or women)...what is the point? Got slightly excited at getting a message on OKC earlier (bit of a wasteland for me there at the moment) only to find a message from.a guy with his age, that he's married, location and am I interested/curious? Very little filled in on.his profile.
    Just sent one back saying not interested in married men, but how do.they think.anyone will be interested in being a bit on the side?? Unless it was for a threesome but that wasn't mentioned anywhere. Frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I just ignore them at this stage , everyone that has sent me one or put up on the meet me list I have messaged and didn't get a reply :rolleyes: So I don't even bother with it anymore .

Only women can use it, AFAIK.

Only women can send one! :rolleyes:

That would explain it alright! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Well my date went very well tonight. Have a good feeling about this one :-) He even bought me a CD of a band we had been chatting about the last few days, was a really nice surprise, esp on a first date.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

OT posts deleted - this isn't a pickup thread so stick to the rules or bans will be doled out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

andreac wrote: »
    Well my date went very well tonight. Have a good feeling about this one :-) He even bought me a CD of a band we had been chatting about the last few days, was a really nice surprise, esp on a first date.
    My date said he is giving me a cd of a band we went to see....wonder if it is the same guy

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I just ignore them at this stage , everyone that has sent me one or put up on the meet me list I have messaged and didn't get a reply :rolleyes: So I don't even bother with it anymore .

I'm the same. Over 90% of the girls that wanted to "meet me" on POF didn't bother replying when I mailed them. Ditto for 'favourite' lists and all that jazz. I'd say a lot of people simply use it to garner interest in their profiles, get a few messages in their inbox and then pick their favourite - assuming, that is, they weren't just doing it to stroke the ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

My date said he is giving me a cd of a band we went to see....wonder if it is the same guy

Does it matter?

• Advertisement

Fierce quiet in here lately. Are we all having a dry patch? I got told I was "too old" by a guy I messaged last night. He's two years younger than me.

I laughed and all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement