Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

Larianne wrote: »
    Galvasean wrote: »
    You missed teh best one:

"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?"

I'd reply to that one. It's a quote from Batman. :)

I don't know if I'm arsed logging back onto POF. Just reading the most recent posts in this thread, is it really worth it? :confused:

Maybe I was too subtle with "you're Joking" lol. On a positive note I got the digits I was referring to earlier in the thread and there's a phone chat arranged for later :-)

That really sucks Ankhyu, feel for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Fecking boardsies all over OKC :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Pembily wrote: »

Maybe everyone is dating each other and we're all really the freaks! :D

Where!!! Name and shame ;-) I'm on POF, okc profile is barren as the Sahara at the mo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Larianne wrote: »
    Maybe everyone is dating each other and we're all really the freaks! :D

Possibly! Think I need to change my photos :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

one of my highest matches im pretty sure is a boardsie :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TippRugby

Hiya,

I've going to make a serious effort to log onto dating site and actually try meet someone who's a laugh and see what happens after that :)

few quick questions for ye:)

Better site? pof or okc?

Should I have a pic as part of profile or is it ok to send it prviately on pof/ etc?

Thanks for any advice :)

one of my highest matches im pretty sure is a boardsie :pac:

Ewwww who'd date a boardsie :pac:

Have a profile pic if you want a better chance at people messaging you first. If you want to send it in the message POF allows for that, pretty sure OKC has similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dub5

TippRugby wrote: »
    Hiya,

I've going to make a serious effort to log onto dating site and actually try meet someone who's a laugh and see what happens after that :)

few quick questions for ye:)

Better site? pof or okc?

Should I have a pic as part of profile or is it ok to send it prviately on pof/ etc?

Thanks for any advice :)

Defo have a pic up. People will think you have something to hide if you dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

FWIW the nicest gal I've dated from online dating (well dating in general actually) in recent memory as it turns out was a tGC regular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 TippRugby

Thanks Dub5

FWIW the nicest gal I've dated from online dating (well dating in general actually) in recent memory as it turns out was a tGC regular.

Was it just by coincidence that you realised you were both from the boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I dated a very nice boardsie for a while too. All the boardsies are lovely! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

coco_lola wrote: »

Where can i get me one??haha im hating POF at the mo,seen on here that u can hide your profile for a while?how do u do that??

you wha? wrote: »

Where can i get me one??haha im hating POF at the mo,seen on here that u can hide your profile for a while?how do u do that??

You will have to get in line..... I want one too.

To hide ur profile, click on edit profile and you can hide it there. Well hopefully, as mine isn't giving me the option to hide as there seems to be some ongoing issue with hiding for some users

Just go to "Edit Profile" and then under the row of pictures it says "To hide your profile from others click here Hiding your profile removes you from all searches."

Just click on the word "here" :)

Mind if I ask what's bugging you about it at the moment? The female perspective on OD fascinates me :)

dub5 wrote: »

To hide ur profile, click on edit profile and you can hide it there. Well hopefully, as mine isn't giving me the option to hide as there seems to be some ongoing issue with hiding for some users
    Just go to "Edit Profile" and then under the row of pictures it says "To hide your profile from others click here Hiding your profile removes you from all searches."

Mind if I ask what's bugging you about it at the moment? The female perspective on OD fascinates me :)

Thanks for the info... :)

whats bugging me about it? just received a message...hey sexi and his number!why do that?? just redic messages like that from timewasters PLUS i dont think im over the last guy i was seeing fully yet so no point being a timewaster myself,as such!!

whats bugging me about it? just received a message...hey sexi and his number!why do that?? just redic messages like that from timewasters PLUS i dont think im over the last guy i was seeing fully yet so no point being a timewaster myself,as such!!

Just block/ignore! I see it as being the same as getting sleazeballs coming up to you in a nightclub.. you just have to ignore/punch/block them (depending on online/real life situations ;) )

But if you're not over the last guy and not ready to date, then it could be a good idea if you hide for a while. Keep in mind that people who have messaged you before can still message you. Only stops you showing up in searches.

Just block/ignore! I see it as being the same as getting sleazeballs coming up to you in a nightclub.. you just have to ignore/punch/block them (depending on online/real life situations ;) )

But if you're not over the last guy and not ready to date, then it could be a good idea if you hide for a while. Keep in mind that people who have messaged you before can still message you. Only stops you showing up in searches.

ignore/punch/block them....punch u say??ha just hid it there and good to know people who have messaged dont think im ignoring them.dont wanna seem rude methinks!think it is best to hide for a little while til im over that dude! thanks for your help :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

A message from a man the same age as my dad requesting that I send him my worn underwear as it would be "out of this world" to have something so intimate from me.

Think I'll start writing a book about the messages I receive.

God knows maybe it works for him in the pub bless him lol.. Some people just don't seem to get that if you can't physically flirt with someone, you have to make up with it via personality.. I still get quite a few "hi" messages.

There has to be some "normal" people out there......but where to find them, that is the question that we would all like answered:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

There has to be some "normal" people out there......but where to find them, that is the question that we would all like answered:rolleyes:

Define normal. :)

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Define normal. :)

Ok, what I want in a man, that I think should be "normal".....now this is just for starters, in relation to dating

Someone who is honest, if you go on a date and he says he would like to see you again, well then f'ing mean it. If you dont want to see the person again, just have the balls to say so.

Someone that matches their description or person from on line.....half of the guys on POF could be done for false advertisement.

I hate the crap of all full on at the start, loads of messages/texts, so you get sucked in and then you get spat out after a few weeks, with little or no explanation.

OK, I think I need to stop ranting now :(:(:(

Ok, what I want in a man, that I think should be "normal".....now this is just for starters, in relation to dating

Someone who is honest, if you go on a date and he says he would like to see you again, well then f'ing mean it. If you dont want to see the person again, just have the balls to say so.

Someone that matches their description or person from on line.....half of the guys on POF could be done for false advertisement.

I hate the crap of all full on at the start, loads of messages/texts, so you get sucked in and then you get spat out after a few weeks, with little or no explanation.

Easy now. How many dates have you been on?

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Easy now. How many dates have you been on?

Apologies, I am tired and cranky.

Been on a few dates.....guys that were missing front teeth(no wonder they werent smiling in their profile pic), small men who said they were taller, drunk men

Then I met a few nice guys that seemed "normal". Prob saw them for about 6 weeks each at different times, and then you get the "Oh I am real busy, I am not into a relationship bla bla bla". And then they stop texting. Please note that this hasnt just happened to me, happens to friends all the time. Full on to start with, from the guys, and then nothing.

At this stage I dont think I could be bothered going out on more on line dates. I am just going to see what happens in the "real world". If its meant to be, then it wont pass me by..........yeh right:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,023 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If I was honest, I doubt I would get many messages. Can we just be selective in what we say? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Christie Rainbows

Yep, I agree with everything you say. IMO men don't want to say I'm not interested any more. They'll just leave you to figure that out. Whenever I see a guys profile including things like 'I'm caring.. honest.. trustworthy blah blah" I take it with a pinch of salt now!

• Advertisement

Apologies, I am tired and cranky.

Been on a few dates.....guys that were missing front teeth(no wonder they werent smiling in their profile pic), small men who said they were taller, drunk men

Then I met a few nice guys that seemed "normal". Prob saw them for about 6 weeks each at different times, and then you get the "Oh I am real busy, I am not into a relationship bla bla bla". And then they stop texting. Please note that this hasnt just happened to me, happens to friends all the time. Full on to start with, from the guys, and then nothing.

At this stage I dont think I could be bothered going out on more on line dates. I am just going to see what happens in the "real world". If its meant to be, then it wont pass me by..........yeh right:D

Well we may have gotten the same amount of responses in out little experiment, but you certainly have me beaten on dates. I've only gotten one date from it in the space of a year. They seem all keen at first and then just lose interest. Having spoke to men and women about POF, the women certainly seem to be getting more dates. Having said that, a lot of the women seem to be having the same experiences you've had.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement