Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

Well SOMEBODY seems to be getting dates out of POF.. A lady who used to pop up frequently a while back in varying states of undress seems to have rejoined with a new headline "mummy 2 be"... Anybody want to own up to this one guys?? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Well SOMEBODY seems to be getting dates out of POF.. A lady who used to pop up frequently a while back in varying states of undress seems to have rejoined with a new headline "mummy 2 be"... Anybody want to own up to this one guys?? :pac:

Wow ...

I might get stick for this one, but ... if I was preggers, dating would be the least of my priorities! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Well I was on the POF site about 1 year ago or so and got plenty of dates. I met some nice girls there too. Like everything in life you get back what you put in.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well clearly you are so awesome that you managed to get an emo to show enthusiasm like that.:D

From what I have been told by girls I met through POF, there are a lot of young guys who make a habit of propositioning older women on the site.

I think that, by sending her a message, it's implied that you don't find her photos to be totally repulsive! :pac:

Personally I didn't like getting those sort of compliments in the first message, simply because I wouldn't be comfortable making comments like that to someone else until I got to know them a bit. So I found it a bit awkward replying to mails like that.

I agree. Messaging someone is a confirmation that you are interested in them and their profile. I think first messages should just be an introduction and a chat about basics, followed up by a quick meeting if there is mutual interest.
    I was shocked to learn from several girls I met on POF that lots of guys want to carry on an email/chat conversation for weeks and it really annoyed them. Chemistry is the biggest driver that makes a relationship work so I think that the sooner you meet the better. My 2cents.

• Advertisement

Piliger wrote: »
    Well I was on the POF site about 1 year ago or so and got plenty of dates. I met some nice girls there too. Like everything in life you get back what you put in.

I concur, however I could happily live out my days without seeing what that guy put in. Also agree whole-heartedly about striking while the iron is hot..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

How did you find me?! :P

I just needed me a baby daddy

coco_lola wrote: »
    How did you find me?! :P

I just needed me a baby daddy

Pregnant Online Females? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

She kinda reminds me of Sharon from the movie "The Snapper"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Are there any women on POF looking for a casual encounter? I don't even know why that option is available on it.

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Are there any women on POF looking for a casual encounter? I don't even know why that option is available on it.

Oh there are >_<

Galvasean wrote: »
    Oh there are >_<

Ohh do show them to me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Back again. Made the mistake of not going with my gut when things started popping up any time I mentioned meeting up for a second date till I got the old cliche "your really nice and I wish I had time for something right now but...."

Amazing how people only realise they dont have time after they set up an online account. Should probably be a question asked on the sign up page:D

Onwards and upwards:p

Any dates lined up for the weekend people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

No dates lined up.
    I'm off to Tescos now so ill look in women's
    shopping baskets and suss whether they are single or not.
    Then ill do the old walk in their way, move to the left then right left right and well both laugh :):)

Then well get chatting, go out for a few dates.
    Walk the Rocky craggy green roads of the Burren and get closer..... Summer Autumn turns into winter were all wrapped up in our Wollies and Barbour coats.
    Nothing more attractive than a woman in a fitted Barbour jacket, polo neck, skinny jeans, and hunter or agile boots and her hair blowing in the wind......
    And off home to my warm house for a game of scrabble tea and spicey mince pies....

Then wake up and have my cornflakes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I did get asked out on a date that I would have went on if I wasn't away at the moment. Damn it!!

Larianne wrote: »
    I did get asked out on a date that I would have went on if I wasn't away at the moment. Damn it!!

Rain check?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Rain check?

Hopefully! 3 weeks is a long time in the land of online dating though. :( Won't blame him though.

Hopefully! 3 weeks is a long time in the land of online dating though. :( Won't blame him though.

I'm sure you're worth the wait. ;)

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I'm sure you're worth the wait. ;)

Well, didn't want to blow my own trumpet, but yeah, I am! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

Sigh.

So guy txts me Wed to say "hey we should go on a date", I go "sure, you free this weekend?" And no reply. Yet he's been online constantly since. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dub5

Well I have deleted my POF profile, just had enough of it and had enough of meeting guys who obviously dont know what they want, or they actually know exactly what they want and pretend otherwise on line.

Hopefully I wont go into some sort of withdrawal meltdown!!

miaowsky wrote: »
    Sigh.

So guy txts me Wed to say "hey we should go on a date", I go "sure, you free this weekend?" And no reply. Yet he's been online constantly since. :confused:

Text might not have sent!?
    dub5 wrote: »

Once you get past the first day, you'll be fine! Says I who's back on it after 6weeks off it. :pac:

dub5 wrote: »
    Well I have deleted my POF profile, just had enough of it and had enough of meeting guys who obviously dont know what they want, or they actually know exactly what they want and pretend otherwise on line.

We'll see you turning a Guess Who board into the POF search page, flicking down all the eejits on it :pac:

Do you see it as time wasted or lessons learned?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I may have a date next week...

Checks for flying pigs :pac:

We'll see you turning a Guess Who board into the POF search page, flicking down all the eejits on it :pac:

Do you see it as time wasted or lessons learned?

No I dont believe it was time wasted at all. I went on a few dates, met a few nice guys and a few not so nice guys. After being with the same guy for 11 yrs, I never really dated, so it was a great introduction into the dating world and for me to get back out there.

I just think that i have lost interest in POF, I am not making any effort to mail people and I suppose no one is taking my fancy on it, so I think it is time to take a break from it.

I am off on my holidays tomorrow, so I thought it was a good idea to do it now. I will probably be back on it in 2 weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

Text might not have sent!?

Hmmm that's a possibility...but I don't think so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Did it. Account deleted. I feel exactly the same as before I did it :D

Did it. Account deleted. I feel exactly the same as before I did it :D

snap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Pregnant Online Females? :)

Is that not what POF stands for :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement