Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

We're dropping like flies :(

Soon it will be just me and Larianne.

"Got any dates lined up?"

"No."

"Me neither."

"Wanna go on a date together?"

"What's a date?"

"I don't remember... :("

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Im determined to get at least 1 date out of this whole thing so ill be here till then, and from how its gone so far it might be a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Galvasean wrote: »

"No."

"Me neither."

"What's a date?"

"Describe your perfect date"

"My perfect date is August 25th. Because it's not too hot and not too cold. All you need is a light jacket."

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

OOh just got a message..

*checks*

Two words. O my kingdom for a sentence!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

The interests of the latest man to mail me on POF :

"meating lovely girls"

MEATING?

Worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Novella wrote: »

"meating lovely girls"

MEATING?

Worrying.

Brilliant! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

coco_lola wrote: »
    Is that not what POF stands for :P

Therein lay my joke ;)

"meating lovely girls"

MEATING?

Worrying.

At least it wasn't EATING..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Galvasean wrote: »

"No."

"Me neither."

"What's a date?"

Im still here and have something going horribly wrong lined up for the weekend.

:-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

"meating lovely girls"

MEATING?

Worrying.

"But don't they all have lovely bottoms Father"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

"meating lovely girls"

MEATING?

Worrying.

Haha proper LOL! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

"meating lovely girls"

MEATING?

Worrying.

My friend got a message from a guy before whose profile said he was "very thrustworthy" :rolleyes:

Meant to be having one last meeting with emigration guy tomorrow. I suspect it'll be like the film Serendipity... Not. XD

Ankhyu wrote: »
    My friend got a message from a guy before whose profile said he was "very thrustworthy" :rolleyes:

Meant to be having one last meeting with emigration guy tomorrow. I suspect it'll be like the film Serendipity... Not. XD

Thrustworthy fnarr fnarr.. He's probably looking for ever-lusting love too :D

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I received a message on the 16th, 18th and 20th from the same guy saying the same thing, taking bets to see if he'll send the same today!
    No dates for me this weekend, that makes it the 100th weekend in a row now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Have a second "date" with last week's lovely guy on Wednesday. He's on nights til the 30th, so he's coming to play tag with my team before he goes to work, ha ha!

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Have a second "date" with last week's lovely guy on Wednesday. He's on nights til the 30th, so he's coming to play tag with my team before he goes to work, ha ha!

'Tag' eh?

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Im still here and have something going horribly wrong lined up for the weekend.

:-D

As long as you don't whip it out you'll be grand. :pac:

That_Guy wrote: »
    As long as you don't whip it out you'll be grand. :pac:

Whip what out??

:confused:

newbee22 wrote: »
    I received a message on the 16th, 18th and 20th from the same guy saying the same thing, taking bets to see if he'll send the same today!
    No dates for me this weekend, that makes it the 100th weekend in a row now!

Just message me baaaaack :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Well, I reactivated my OKC account a month or two ago to check something, and wasn't allowed to disable it again for another week, so I just changed my status to "seeing someone" and meant to go back and close it a week later. Of course, I forgot all about it.

So, I'm sorry to anyone who may have sent me a message that I ignored. (If you sent any messages that were ignored in the past month or so, please feel free to assume it was me! ;) :cool: )

And I'm also sorry for being that annoying fecker with a big long detailed profile, but listed as "seeing someone" ... those people really annoy me, I'm embarrassed to say I was one of them! :o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Haven't posted on this in ages, probably not since the first thread even. Went on a date I met through OKC there a couple of weeks ago, ended up lasting the whole day, then we met up again and hung out the following day too. I had only expected a short-ish get to know them kind of date but we clicked much better than I could have expected. Met again the following weekend and things went great again. Probably won't see her for a couple of weeks again now due to random circumstances but have been talking every other day. To say I'm chuffed is an understatement.

Stick with it folks, good things do happen! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

coco_lola wrote: »
    Is that not what POF stands for :P

Plenty Of Fussy women :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

I rejoined POF again.
    I have a New profile and some New photos.
    The same people are still there.

Maybe they joined again the same time as me :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

The Naked Man:

"You're on a first date. You've had a few drinks. You make an excuse to go up to the girl's apartment. Then, once she leaves the room, you strip down naked and wait. When she comes back, she laughs. She's so charmed by your confidence and bravado, she sleeps with you. Boom! [It works] two out of three times. You just have to pick your spot. The Naked Man is best used as last resort. Kind of a Hail Mary on a first date when you know there's not going to be a second one."

just back from my date this morning....the naked man works! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

srm23 wrote: »
    just back from my date this morning....the naked man works! :D

Fair play to you.
    Seem as you completely failed to pay heed to this warning which was very specific towards you, you are now banned permanently from the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I was bored the other night and started looking further a field on POF. I started chatting to a nice lady in the USA. Quite pretty and sexy too. I'm over and back there a lot during the year and she's close to where i visit..

We message/text now every day, going over in 5 or 6 weeks and we're meeting up. Should be interesting..:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

Good luck with the USA lady.
    I don't think ill have much luck on POF
    this time round but sure it's some craic though.

Being a guy with limited looks I think I'm destined for great parts in gothic movies lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Last night's date went alright. No real awkward silences and the 3-4 hours went by pretty quickly. Cheeky snog at the end too which was nice. I'm guessing we will meet up again but it's not been mentioned yet. I'm slightly hesitant about it all for some reason though so I'm going to take things slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That's the stuff G, a snog and all to boot, good man!
    I logged in last night for the first time in ages.
    Tumble weeds in my inbox, good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

For those that missed it last time the amazing documentary Tall Hot Blonde is being repeated. Don't let it put you off !

http://www.radiotimes.com/film/n8p84/talhotblond

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

G-Money wrote: »
    Last night's date went alright. No real awkward silences and the 3-4 hours went by pretty quickly. Cheeky snog at the end too which was nice. I'm guessing we will meet up again but it's not been mentioned yet. I'm slightly hesitant about it all for some reason though so I'm going to take things slowly.

*high 5* :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement