Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

Well now, few changes to the wording of my profile, few more pics up and replies and unsolicited messages are up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well now, few changes to the wording of my profile, few more pics up and replies and unsolicited messages are up! :)

I think once you get your profile sorted, you're laughing!! Its always good to get someone to give your profile a once over. Also, photos are important. I had one guy mail me saying I must get a lot of mail as photos 1 and 3 are very pretty. Realised picture 2 was not so. So that pic was changed! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Jesus, I set up a fake, slutty looking POF set to intimate encounter with some friends to test how many crazies crawled out of the woodwork....over 600 messages in 24 hours, including some familiar faces from around boards!

I think the next step is testing it on our own pages - but after wading through some of that crap I'm honestly scared to. :P

Larianne wrote: »
    I think once you get your profile sorted, you're laughing!! Its always good to get someone to give your profile a once over. Also, photos are important. I had one guy mail me saying I must get a lot of mail as photos 1 and 3 are very pretty. Realised picture 2 was not so. So that pic was changed! :pac:

Haha i'd pay money to see pic 2 now!! I'd say it's scattered to the four winds of the recycle bin by now is it? I'd done pretty well as it was but noticed an instant improvement. I was being a little too sarcastic/blunt. Profile now sends the same message but in a warm fuzzy baby hedgehog way. Also my pic number 2 is now me rescuing a puppy from a burning dog orphanage :cool: true story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

So there has been lots of friendly chat firstly via POF, then FB and now text for a couple of weeks. We have finally arranged to meet this weekend. Interested to see how this pans out, she has a very good sense of humour and seems pretty laid back and down to earth. Watch this space.

Ok, so she has told me she is nervous, I've told her I'm nervous so the consensus is we are nervous. Haha.

In all seriousness I now know absolutely loads about her and am really looking forward to meeting up with her, and she has said the same to me.

So given all the positive build up to this, the only obvious outcome is that it is an absolute car crash when we finally do meet up!

:D

So whats the opposite of car crash then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

:D Amazing date, eh ? YAY!

*warms up hand for possible HIGH 5*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Jesus, I set up a fake, slutty looking POF set to intimate encounter with some friends to test how many crazies crawled out of the woodwork....over 600 messages in 24 hours, including some familiar faces from around boards!

I think the next step is testing it on our own pages - but after wading through some of that crap I'm honestly scared to. :P

So slutty site attracts "crazies". What's new and why scared ?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Log into POF, oh whats this a reply? Nope just another singles night invite.

Difference with this one is I am seriously contemplating it due to how badly ive been doing online, has anyone from here been to one of these POF nights before?

Piliger wrote: »
    So slutty site attracts "crazies". What's new and why scared ?

:confused:

Nah, I'm messing.

It's just funny watching them message over and over, especially as it's not even believable! I think there's about 350 or 450 messages buried somewhere in the inbox...somewhere. Lost track and interest now. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Just logged into my POF account tonight for the first time in months and I was just looking through a few profiles.

Is it just me but are most of the pictures up there from nights out. Seen a few girls photo's and quiet a lot of them have drinks in hand(not an issue) but its not their first drink. Most of them seem fairly drunk, how is that attractive?

...sorry just looking at the site and their isn't much that interests me on it:(

Just logged into my POF account tonight for the first time in months and I was just looking through a few profiles.

Is it just me but are most of the pictures up there from nights out. Seen a few girls photo's and quiet a lot of them have drinks in hand(not an issue) but its not their first drink. Most of them seem fairly drunk, how is that attractive?

...sorry just looking at the site and their isn't much that interests me on it:(

It's possibly about putting forward the idea that they're more fun than they themselves think they are.. "here's me being out and uninhibited! See how uptight I don't look!".. Of course the other side of it is that for some people the only photos that show them socializing happen to have been when someone whipped out a camera at hammered o'clock and started snapping away. I've few photos of me as I always end up being the one taking pics when out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭mrduffy

Nah, I'm messing.

It's just funny watching them message over and over, especially as it's not even believable! I think there's about 350 or 450 messages buried somewhere in the inbox...somewhere. Lost track and interest now. :P

you must be a model beauty to attract all that male attention :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I suppose it ties into the profile descriptions that say they like to go out and have a good time with friends

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

came home from the pub last night and checked the emails, 9 new messages on maybefriends, I rarely use that site anymore but thought surly out of the nine there would be something of interest. Na, nothing :( most messages went along the lines of "Maybe you would like to visit my profile and see if you like it" got 2 each of "I'm new here so maybe you can show me the way around?" and "How are things going?"

Even if I did like any, as I'm not a paid up member, I could only reply to one! Is there some sort of mass mail thing going on with that site now, cos i'd say i've gotten more messages in the past month then i did in two years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Well, POF guy and I decided that we couldn't wait til Wednesday to see eachother again, so we're going bowling this evening before he goes to work. I also got to see him unexpectedly last night for an hour or so. I think I'm a little bit smitten... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I'd say he's up to his proverbials organising the nightmare of logistics, at least he had intended to see you before he went :) I'd take that as some sort of compliment lol.. New date an onlinesie?

That's true I suppose. It is yep, met him on OKC. Dunno how attracted to him I am but I guess I'll find out when we have a date.
    Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Why go on a date with someone who's emigrating in a few days? :confused: It seems kind of pointless.

We had a first date before he had any idea he was going. He was offered a really good job very last minute. But because we'd gotten on so well on the first date, and there seemed to be a spark on both sides, we wanted to see each other again before he left.

mrduffy wrote: »
    you must be a model beauty to attract all that male attention :)

Hehe, it's the fake one I meant. I have two dates set up for this week with the real profile, so I'm happy out. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Yeah about that. There's some dude with the same face as me knocking about POF. Trouble maker that one.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Yeah about that. There's some dude with the same face as me knocking about POF.

The one who looks like James Van der Beek and can't spell his own username properly is it?

Yep, you gotta watch out for that guy.

• Advertisement

The one who looks like James Van der Beek and can't spell his own username properly is it?

Yep, you gotta watch out for that guy.

No can't. Won't. Actually come to think of it... I think it IS JVDB. Oh noes, runs!!! :eek:

No can't. Won't.

You sure about that now?
    Actually come to think of it... I think it IS JVDB. Oh noes, runs!!! :eek:

Too late for you Galva, he's onto you. Pretends to be you and everything on POF. Even knows stuff about stuff that happened to stuff a bajillion years ago. You won't escape him!

Madness Ted.

You sure about that now?

You won't escape him!

There can be NO ESCAPE!!!!

Suuure it was.....
    There can be NO ESCAPE!!!!

OH GOD THAT'S HIM!

*hides*

OH GOD THAT'S HIM!

*hides*

Dawson-Crying-GIF.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hehe, it's the fake one I meant. I have two dates set up for this week with the real profile, so I'm happy out. :P

One thing I was wondering, on the slim chance I encounter the situation of having 2 dates lined up, how does that work? Do you let each of them know about the other like they're doing interviews? Do you carry on seeing both and at what point do you decide to stick with one?

Been getting a lot of profile views lately but very little in the way of messages so decided to change the status from 'relationship' to 'nothing serious' today. Within a minute I get a message. Coincidence surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

Wow :eek:

I have never got that many in my combined years of online searching.

I am glad to see a few nice stories. I realise that I have a negative attitude to the whole OD thing so no point in trying to meet someone that way. Maybe when I get a more positive attitude I might try again.

As for the whole double dating, my advice is saying nothing to either person until after a few dates or you know which person you prefer.

I'd rather not be told if my date was dating someone else too. Obviously, they're entitled to date as many people as they like, but I'd definitely not like to know about it as I would feel extra pressure knowing about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

the one who looks like James Van der Beek and can't spell his own username properly is it?

You're Not really one to be talking about mis spelling user names now are ya?!?! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement