Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

ladylost wrote: »
    So, after great first meet last week,got on great, texted everyday. It now seems I've been blanker since yesterday. Sigh

That's a shame. Any chance they are just super busy and haven't had a chance to reply?

In an ideal world that's what I hoped. But the realist in me said otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

I was browsing POF last nite and came across a profile and she had very little clothes on and a topless pic . The funniest bit was all she did was complain on her profile about having her accounted deleted 5 times and men old enough to be her father sending her messages . I have to say it made me laugh alot .

That sounds VERY like the lady I was referring to here:

Well SOMEBODY seems to be getting dates out of POF.. A lady who used to pop up frequently a while back in varying states of undress seems to have rejoined with a new headline "mummy 2 be"... Anybody want to own up to this one guys?? :pac:

Endless hours of entertainment I'm sure :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

@ MarkyTheLips

This one isn't pregnant so its two different people we are on about

I have been chatting to a woman for the last 3 weeks so she sent me her phone number so we could text . So I sent her a text and she didn't answer back so logged into POF and she had left me a message saying she had no credit and asked me to buy her €20 so she could get her free texts back .
    The cheek of some people , I am not a mean person but to me that takes the biscuit . Ah well time to move on and find someone else . :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

@ MarkyTheLips

I have been chatting to a woman for the last 3 weeks so she sent me her phone number so we could text . So I sent her a text and she didn't answer back so logged into POF and she had left me a message saying she had no credit and asked me to buy her €20 so she could get her free texts back .
    The cheek of some people , I am not a mean person but to me that takes the biscuit . Ah well time to move on and find someone else . :):)

Omg that's bold! Surely she knew when she gave ya her number that she had no credit?

Hey can ya buy me a pony while yer at it? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

@ MarkyTheLips

haha, what a chancer!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

@ MarkyTheLips

That is priceless!! Especially as she could have webtexted you :cool:

Galvasean wrote: »
    Just saw a profile and one of the girl's pics was a screengrab of her on take Me Out.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!!?!? :eek:

Ohhh I saw her... The American one? Talk about a Fish out of water on that show :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Gotta say online dating has to be the biggest waste of time ever invented! You are honestly better off just getting out there and being flirty and talking to real people.

I've been on and off dating sites for about six years now, and I have NEVER - I repeat - NEVER - received a single solitary message from a woman I fancied. There was one that I suppose came close, that is all. And I'm saying this as someone who was described as an '8' before - while I wouldn't fancy standing beside George Clooney I am defo a decent looking guy - no question. And I say that without a hint of arrogance, no matter how it may come across. The ONLY messages or winks etc I ever get from women are from those that I flat out don't fancy!

There was 4 or 5 a couple of pages back about the girl (the illiterate girl) who specified she only wanted to hear from guys who were 5'10" and over. So this means that guys she could easily fancy who are 5'9" (oh wait, that's me!) - are not welcome. Not welcome, no thanks. Really?! Hope it stays fine for you and you aren't getting desperate as you move swiftly towards the 30 tick-tock mark!

It's funny, as I actually met a woman out a while ago and we really hit it off - until I found out the following day that she was really taken with me - but 'felt uncomfortable' because she felt she was 'towering over me'! This was a woman who was at most almost the same height as me, but realistically just shorter - I know this because I had thought it to myself when we were chatting: 'oh I'm glad she's not taller than me, as she's pretty nice'. Get a grip, would you!

That leads me on to - I have definitely noticed a change in Irish women over the past few years. You can see it with that real catch above, and just in general really. Women just seem colder, more stuck-up (on the surface anyway), they just seem to have a very high opinion of themselves strutting about the place and have this kind of veneer that makes them look at you kind of like 'are you daring to even look at me' kind of thing - I always seem to notice this just walking up and down the street! It really does feel like you need to be a certain height, or have a certain kind of job, or be a rugger-bugger with one of those collared t-shirts and a flat stomach to even get a look-in.

All in all, at this stage I couldn't care less if I never met a woman. I'm grateful for all of the things that really matter in life, and we all know what they are. I flat out just don't need a woman, and it's going to take meeting a really nice one just by chance some day for me to no longer be happy being single anymore :-)

Know your self-worth lads, and don't let yourself get frustrated on dating sites, whatever you do! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Galvasean wrote: »
    Can't we just go one day on this thread without someone saying, "Girls/guys only want Brad Pitt/supermodels"? It's completely untrue and helps no one.

There is a grain of truth in it somewhere.

Many people are very unrealistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

Do any of Ye remember that Vodafone chat thing during the early 00's that was some craic....
    You could join the chat get nos send your photo from your brand new phone camera.

There was no lying with looks back then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

So it looks like I'll be meeting a girl for coffee tomorrow at lunchtime.

:D

Off in a few mins. Wish me luck meeting a random stranger in the middle of Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Good luck!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Off in a few mins. Wish me luck meeting a random stranger in the middle of Dublin.

Just don't burn her and you'll be fine mate. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,026 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just want to tell you Good Luck! We're all counting on you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Just deleted my OKC and POF accounts. Bored of them at this stage and can be quite a distraction as you can easily spends a decent amount of time forever swimming through the same profiles over and over.

Still going to read this thread for the interesting stories though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Should we send out a search party? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Maguined wrote: »
    Still going to read this thread for the interesting stories though. :pac:

This thread is arguably the best thing to ever come out of online dating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I find it interesting too and pop on for a read on occasion.

I've never partaken myself in online dating. Would have certainly considered it during my single days, however if I was in the market today, the content of this thread would really REALLY not make me want to give it a go.

I would be interested in a poll to see the success rate out of it (with 'success' being defined as reaching the 'going out' stage with someone.

I'd say it's lower than 10% per 3 month interval (guess).

Well that was interesting, and very easy I have to say. Definitely a nice way to spend an hour. She is attractive but not quite sure about the attraction if that makes any sense? I think I'm becoming an expert at these enjoyable one off never to be seen again meetings. Haha.

In all seriousness, if I could offer any advice, I would suggest to anyone that you should approach these things as though you are not going to see the person again. Or as someone else suggested that you are just meeting up with a friend. That way, anything else is a bonus. :)

Good lad... Now... Most importantly... Where'd you go for coffee?

That_Guy wrote: »
    Good lad... Now... Most importantly... Where'd you go for coffee?

A coffee shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Well that was interesting, and very easy I have to say. Definitely a nice way to spend an hour. She is attractive but not quite sure about the attraction if that makes any sense? I think I'm becoming an expert at these enjoyable one off never to be seen again meetings. Haha.

In all seriousness, if I could offer any advice, I would suggest to anyone that you should approach these things as though you are not going to see the person again. Or as someone else suggested that you are just meeting up with a friend. That way, anything else is a bonus. :)

Glad it went well. Good advice. I'm meeting a guy on Tuesday night. Will keep that in mind

A coffee shop.

Was it hot and... steamy.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Dark, very hot and steamy......

Until it cooled down and I finished the whole thing off.

Dark, very hot and steamy......

Until it cooled down and I finished the whole thing off.

who cares, we wanna know if you got rid or not???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Ah, just got the following:

"Do you want me to cum on ure back?"

Who says romance is dead?

Honey-ec wrote: »

Would you have prefered your face? :rolleyes::pac::):p

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

Honey-ec wrote: »

i'm sure you've got worse messages!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Reminder to stay within the rules of the thread folks.

• Advertisement

Stuck Cone wrote: »
    who cares, we wanna know if you got rid or not???

Got rid? Like on a sunday morning when all the coaches are shouting "get rid, good lad" at the kids??

:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement