Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Ah, just got the following:

"Do you want me to cum on ure back?"

Who says romance is dead?

Serous ?
    thats pretty bad...

one girl said family guy rules

My reply was sooo wannna make a baby with a head shaped like an american foot ball...

to which she replied Im sorry Ive got an abstanat ring

to which i replied ear sex?

she replied

Is there any other kind :cool::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Got rid? Like on a sunday morning when all the coaches are shouting "get rid, good lad" at the kids??

:confused:

coitus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Well that was interesting, and very easy I have to say. Definitely a nice way to spend an hour. She is attractive but not quite sure about the attraction if that makes any sense? I think I'm becoming an expert at these enjoyable one off never to be seen again meetings. Haha.

In all seriousness, if I could offer any advice, I would suggest to anyone that you should approach these things as though you are not going to see the person again. Or as someone else suggested that you are just meeting up with a friend. That way, anything else is a bonus. :)

So I threw out a "sorry I had to rush off" and coffee shop girl caught it and threw back a "maybe we could meet again".

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

So I threw out a "sorry I had to rush off" and coffee shop girl caught it and threw back a "maybe we could meet again".

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

That_Guy wrote: »
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. :pac:

I'm thinking of giving classes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That's great Wobblyknees! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Yes because if a man is single he's the one at fault. He needs to change his approach or whatever. When the woman is single its because she hasn't met the right guy yet. The woman could be 20 stone, yet that's not the reason she's still single. She's single because there's no decent guys left out there. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Well that was interesting, and very easy I have to say. Definitely a nice way to spend an hour. She is attractive but not quite sure about the attraction if that makes any sense? I think I'm becoming an expert at these enjoyable one off never to be seen again meetings. Haha.

In all seriousness, if I could offer any advice, I would suggest to anyone that you should approach these things as though you are not going to see the person again. Or as someone else suggested that you are just meeting up with a friend. That way, anything else is a bonus. :)

I agree 100%. When we have silly expectation then we guarantee disappointment and resentment. I try to make light of it all and go along like you, just a casual chat and coffee with a usually very nice person looking for the same thing we are all looking for.

Having said that I admit to being quit nervous if I manage to attract someone I really fancy from their photo. But that's normal.

In the last 3 days on POF I am amazed at how many women of 40-55 are so overweight and have let themselves go completely. I imagine it's not so different for guys, but it is pretty shocking. Especially when you realise that they describe themselves as 'average build' :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Yes because if a man is single he's the one at fault. He needs to change his approach or whatever. When the woman is single its because she hasn't met the right guy yet. The woman could be 20 stone, yet that's not the reason she's still single. She's single because there's no decent guys left out there. :rolleyes:

davey, less of the sweeping generalisations please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭chocolatrose

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Ah, just got the following:

"Do you want me to cum on ure back?"

Who says romance is dead?

Haha you think that's bad...I got "So would you use a strap-on on a guy??":eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

Dark, very hot and steamy......

Until it cooled down and I finished the whole thing off.

Frothy? Hope you don't get the old text in a couple of weeks "Wobbly.. I'm Latte :( "

Came home to a couple more unsolicited messages :) still astounded how some simple updates and more pics had such an effect!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Came home to a couple more unsolicited messages :) still astounded how some simple updates and more pics had such an effect!

What type of updates did you make can I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Northclare wrote: »
    Do any of Ye remember that Vodafone chat thing during the early 00's that was some craic....

Was that Textmates? You could send anonmous texts :D. I actually met 2 women off that ( not at the same time) in and around the same area. One was older than me and the other was slightly younger. Nothing ever came out of them but had lots of fun, the leg over etc:p.. Found out afterwards they were mother and daughter:eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

ladylost wrote: »
    What type of updates did you make can I ask?

Changed from "seeing someone" to "single"!!

Just kidding :) well, when i set it up i came across more abrasive to put off time wasters..but it also put off everyone else except a few die hards. Just delivered the same message but more diplomatically. Also, never underestimate how cute you look as a kid at the stick of a plane :pac:...

Changed from "seeing someone" to "single"!!

Just kidding :) well, when i set it up i came across more abrasive to put off time wasters..but it also put off everyone else except a few die hards. Just delivered the same message but more diplomatically. Also, never underestimate how cute you look as a kid at the stick of a plane :pac:...

Thanks. My profile is a bit like that already. I was think of changing it to put off time wasters. Glad it's working for you anyway. Must try digging out some baby pics :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

So much for meeting up with that girl from last Friday night. I texted her on Monday to suggest meeting up again and she kinda seemed on for it but then she got very quiet during the week and didn't really hear from her. Texted her again last night to see how things were and she said she was mad busy at work and stuff during the week, which I guess explains why I hadn't heard from her. But she had time to go onto the dating site the day before :rolleyes:

Anyway I asked last night if she wanted to meet up again and there has been no reply. I will take that as a no.

A bit frustrating as I thought she was interested but I guess she's not for whatever reason.

Onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

G-Money wrote: »
    So much for meeting up with that girl from last Friday night. I texted her on Monday to suggest meeting up again and she kinda seemed on for it but then she got very quiet during the week and didn't really hear from her. Texted her again last night to see how things were and she said she was mad busy at work and stuff during the week, which I guess explains why I hadn't heard from her. But she had time to go onto the dating site the day before :rolleyes:

Anyway I asked last night if she wanted to meet up again and there has been no reply. I will take that as a no.

A bit frustrating as I thought she was interested but I guess she's not for whatever reason.

Onwards and upwards.

Why could she not have just said she didnt see it working or whatever?! I dont get some people.If your not interested just say so.honesty all the way :) Hope you have better luck next time :D

Onwards and upwards.

Sorry to hear that. Can't understand why she couldn't just be honest with you and say she doesn't want to meet again. It's only good manners really rather than ignoring the question.

you wha? wrote: »
    Why could she not have just said she didnt see it working or whatever?! I dont get some people.If your not interested just say so.honesty all the way :) Hope you have better luck next time :D

I just got a text there now saying she's going to be too busy with work and things over the next few weeks so it's better we don't make plans. Sounds like a PFO to me which is how I'm treating it. Number deleted :)

I just got a text there now saying she's going to be too busy with work and things over the next few weeks so it's better we don't make plans. Sounds like a PFO to me which is how I'm treating it. Number deleted :)

Sounds like a PFO alright, sorry. Onwards and upwards as they say

• Advertisement

at least u aint too upset about it all! :) Id prefer to get a "dont see this working out" kinda message than nothing or what you've gotten! Will people ever learn :rolleyes: ha

at least u aint too upset about it all! :) Id prefer to get a "dont see this working out" kinda message than nothing or what you've gotten! Will people ever learn :rolleyes: ha

Ah I'm not really. I kind of try not to put all my eggs in one basket when it comes to this kind of thing as people can be so fickle. There's one or two other girls I have my eye on though so I may chase up those leads ;)

There's one girl at work I really fancy, if only I could ever get a chance to talk to her!

Ah I'm not really. I kind of try not to put all my eggs in one basket when it comes to this kind of thing as people can be so fickle. There's one or two other girls I have my eye on though so I may chase up those leads ;)

There's one girl at work I really fancy, if only I could ever get a chance to talk to her!

Make up some reason to chat to her.who knows,could be something there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I agree with you wha?, at the appropriate time, just say hello to the girl at work and see what response you get!
    I'm starting to get these " such a wan has Expressed an interest in you" messages on POF.
    Apparently its a flirt option for women on it, so what's the craic with that? Instead of putting in a bit of effort and sending a half decent message, can girls just click on a button and that's their attempt at flirting with me?
    It's a bit meh, I haven't responded to any of them yet.

Had coffee with a woman yesterday, towards the end she suggested we go to hers for some more coffee, that it would be in my interest, i got the hell away from the crazy lady; probably was going to bring me to a flat full of latvian gangsters to mug me

Make up some reason to chat to her.who knows,could be something there ;)

If only it were that easy. She works in another part of the building, in another team, in a different job. We also have no friends in common so there's no chance of getting to chat to her that way. Will just have to hope I bump into her some day in the lift or something.

If only it were that easy. She works in another part of the building, in another team, in a different job. We also have no friends in common so there's no chance of getting to chat to her that way. Will just have to hope I bump into her some day in the lift or something.

check out stuck cones vid.....DO IT ha! Next time u do bump into her,just ask her for a drink or something.worse thing,she says no and given u barely ever see her and ye work so "far apart", no problemo :) happy days!easier said than done,i know but.... :)

Go on g money pot the pink my son were all behind you!! Youll regret it if you dont

• Advertisement

If I get the chance to talk to her, I will. I'm not going to promise I'll ask her out though. I'd rather get a bit friendly and suss out the lay of land first before jumping off that cliff!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement