Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

G-Money wrote: »
    I just got a text there now saying she's going to be too busy with work and things over the next few weeks so it's better we don't make plans. Sounds like a PFO to me which is how I'm treating it. Number deleted :)

Or a possible way to keep you in the loop, but keeping you at arms length while she sees how it goes with someone else that just appeared on the radar. I've had this a couple of times. All interest, then drops suddenly, but active like crazy on the site. You hear nothing then a few weeks later get a "How are you sorry was mad busy :)"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,026 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So finally started to sign up for POF, but as was late, didn't fill out the second page. Had a look at it. What's with all the questions about parents, etc. that are apparently just used behind the scenes?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Stuck Cone wrote: »
    Had coffee with a woman yesterday, towards the end she suggested we go to hers for some more coffee, that it would be in my interest, i got the hell away from the crazy lady; probably was going to bring me to a flat full of latvian gangsters to mug me
    Um, what? Gangsters? Sounds more like an offer for sexy times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

Last time I was asked back for coffee was by a leggy dark raven haired sweet lady.

Believe it or not it was for a coffee and were good friends since.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Northclare wrote: »
    Invited back for instant friendzone? Better luck next time :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

Ah but you see, making a good friend is far better than a meaningless superficial date. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

nothing grates me more then no pictures on a profile it does my head in.....

FML :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Snowie wrote: »
    nothing grates me more then no pictures on a profile it does my head in.....
    I agree. But what about women don't even bother reading your profile ? I specifically say in my profile that I am looking for someone 'fairly' close to my location in Dublin. Despite that, our of those who have contacted me, 9 out 10 are down the country ........ :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I think I prefer to get no reply rather than a one liner that is basically nothing more than answers to my questions with no attempt to engage in conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I think I prefer to get no reply rather than a one liner that is basically nothing more than answers to my questions with no attempt to engage in conversation.

Yes that's very annoying. I've had a lot of reply's with just one word. Pointless!!! Not many people are willing to reciprocate the effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Downloaded the phone app today. Can't say I like it. Did manage to force myself to send a message on it. Fingers crossed the app is lucky! :pac:
    Sounds like a PFO to me which is how I'm treating it. Number deleted :)

What's a PFO?
    Northclare wrote: »
    Last time I was asked back for coffee was by a leggy dark raven haired sweet lady.

I've done that quite a few times (brought women back for coffee). It usually is actual coffee though.
    Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Yes that's very annoying. I've had a lot of reply's with just one word. Pointless!!! Not many people are willing to reciprocate the effort.

Ah yes the old, "Thanks." reply. You should reply with "That went well. we should do this again some time."
    It's what I do.
    I'm so ronery!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

All my prayers have been answered. I just got a mail from some guy with no information on his profile but apparently in the US Army and wants me!! Could OKC get any better than this!! I'll bet I'm not the only lady who got that mail today either. Smells of scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Galvasean wrote: »

What's a PFO?

Its used more often in relation to job applications, its a kindly worded rejection or please f**k off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Has anybody else seen the traveller girl on POF. She has pictures of herself in the caravan with lots of make-up. Savage body on her all the same.

Except all it said was "hii" Ok I thought maybe she's just a little unsure of what to say starting off.

"Convo" in-sues, with me making all the chit chat her answering my questions but asking none of her own to keep it going, grrrr.

I don't know whether to keep going or not. I'd have said previously she's not interested but its happened before where they chat back but not massively but then give me their number and ask about meeting up.

Should I just assume some are just not suited to this whole messaging or what?

Give it a bit of a go sure. Some people are just really really bad at messaging. You'd never know, she may be an excellent conversationalist IRL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

This is what I do when I get mail from ladies I have abs no interest in. If they are in a part of the country far from me or something obviously different to me I will prob send a nice appreciatory mail back pointing this out ... and if not I don't reply at all. I think this keeps it all a bit cleaner and clearer to both parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Was asked on a date by someone I had only ever exchanged one short message with, a few weeks ago. I told him to get to know me first. Talked for a while over the last 2 days, ended up going on a date today. It was absolutely lovely. Had a few drinks and played pool. I somehow managed to win! Might have involved a few kisses too :o

Seeing him again on Tuesday :)

Very happy. There was just like, something there. Wasn't as awkward as the other dates I've been on. It was totally comfortable and chilled out. :)

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Wasn't as awkward as the other dates I've been on. It was totally comfortable and chilled out. :)

Exactly how it should be :);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Herrick wrote: »
    Exactly how it should be :);)

Most dates I've been on have been awkward because I get so shy, but it was nice. He texted me to say that I'm lovely. Was supposed to see him again on Friday but he wanted it sooner, so Tuesday it is. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Ooh, just saw a page where the guy basically says for his first date "try not to look like this *cue link to other girls page*".

Oh yeah, cos after that I bet they're just lining up to go out with ya, you charmer. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Ooh, just saw a page where the guy basically says for his first date "try not to look like this *cue link to other girls page*".

Oh yeah, cos after that I bet they're just lining up to go out with ya, you charmer. :pac:

sounds like a keeper!! :pac:

Ain't he just?

Also got a lovely misspelled mail from him, which was so good he managed to copy and paste it twice. :D

Must...resist...urge...to...wind...up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

I'm sure his lobster is out there somewhere :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Ain't he just?

Also got a lovely misspelled mail from him, which was so good he managed to copy and paste it twice. :D

Must...resist...urge...to...wind...up...

marry him...marry him now!!! :D

sounds like a tool to be honest!
    I'm sure his lobster is out there somewhere :D

KamiKazeKitten might be his lobster! :D

So had a look at the archived mails on OKC. I sent my first message on December 2010.

disgusted-mother-of-god.png?1321272571

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Sent a mail to a guy on POF last week. Didn't hear back from him until yesterday but we got chatting last night and I ended up asking him out. Well out of my comfort zone but worked out. We're meeting later in the week. He seems nice so fingers crossed.
    Another possible date with a guy been chatting to for a while. We had been trying to meet for a while but couldn't find a suitable day for both of us. Feast or famine for sure!!

Good to see a few of ye doing well. Gives the rest of us hope.

Now, where did I leave my charisma....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Galvasean wrote: »
    So had a look at the archived mails on OKC. I sent my first message on December 2010.

That's nothing, I joined OKC back in 2004. :)

• Advertisement

KamiKazeKitten might be his lobster! :D

Oh God, I'd have to be a gagged, bound* and sedated lobster for that to ever happen!

* No, not in that way ye shower of durtbags. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement