Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Oh God, I'd have to be a gagged, bound* and sedated lobster for that to ever happen!

* No, not in that way ye shower of durtbags. :pac:

gagged and bound??

You're name should be KamiKazeKinkyKitten :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

ladylost wrote: »
    Sent a mail to a guy on POF last week. Didn't hear back from him until yesterday but we got chatting last night and I ended up asking him out. Well out of my comfort zone but worked out. We're meeting later in the week. He seems nice so fingers crossed.
    Another possible date with a guy been chatting to for a while. We had been trying to meet for a while but couldn't find a suitable day for both of us. Feast or famine for sure!!

For me its always famine. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

gagged and bound??

You're name should be KamiKazeKinkyKitten :pac:

No stopping the shower I see. Carry on! :p

KamiKazeKinkyKitten? It'd get rid of my dodgy username initials anyway. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

That's nothing, I joined OKC back in 2004. :)

And still no success?! :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Galvasean wrote: »
    So had a look at the archived mails on OKC. I sent my first message on December 2010.

disgusted-mother-of-god.png?1321272571
    That's nothing, I joined OKC back in 2004. :)

I originally joined in 2002 :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

Pembily wrote: »
    I originally joined in 2002 :o

You must have done a "Joey" on it by now and be messaging every guy a second time round :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Herrick wrote: »

Except all it said was "hii" Ok I thought maybe she's just a little unsure of what to say starting off.

"Convo" in-sues, with me making all the chit chat her answering my questions but asking none of her own to keep it going, grrrr.

I don't know whether to keep going or not. I'd have said previously she's not interested but its happened before where they chat back but not massively but then give me their number and ask about meeting up.

Should I just assume some are just not suited to this whole messaging or what?

I think you've answered your own question.

OD is like anything else - there are many people out there who should not be allowed anywhere near a computer.

Frankly, she sounds like a timewaster. Or just plain dull. Or both.

It's all too common, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Preparing to mail a gal who likes Jurassic Park and Trandformers...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Preparing to mail a gal who likes Jurassic Park and Trandformers...
    song-chart-memes-its-tarp.jpg

Sounds good. Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,026 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Finally signed up to POF and profile created. Will upload photo tomorrow, maybe. Dunno if that would help or hinder the profile. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Right lads, stay off POF for a while. Don't want this one getting distracted yo' :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Date 2 with the guy from the other day happened early. He's absolutely lovely!

Aaaaaaaand, he doesn't want to see anyone else and asked me to do the bf/gf thing, so looks like I kinda sorta have a boyfriendpersonthing.

Bit fast, but hey, whatever, I like him. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

LyndaMcL wrote: »

Aaaaaaaand, he doesn't want to see anyone else and asked me to do the bf/gf thing, so looks like I kinda sorta have a boyfriendpersonthing.

Result!
    (That does mean I'll have to ban you from this thread now though....just kidding!)
    Congrats hope it all goes well!:D

Panthro wrote: »
    Result!
    (That does mean I'll have to ban you from this thread now though....just kidding!)
    Congrats hope it all goes well!:D

Ban me?! But where will I go when I get drunk and lonely?? :(

Ty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Yeaa i've been allowed back in, seems my comments are too racey and slutty even tho they are on topic, so i'll keep them to pm in future :)

Nice to see somebody getting a positive result from pof, it does reenforce the fact that not every body's a fake/messer/jerk which is nice..

Should i buy a hat Lynda ?

Yeaa i've been allowed back in, seems my comments are too racey and slutty even tho they are on topic, so i'll keep them to pm in future :)

Nice to see somebody getting a positive result from pof, it does reenforce the fact that not every body's a fake/messer/jerk which is nice..

Should i buy a hat Lynda ?

I could be dating someone ten years and I'd still never marry them, so no :p

Slutty posts? I must have missed that when I disappeared from the internet for a while. :pac: Having any success?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Been chatting to a girl on POF. She seems/seemed quite interested, replying to my mails asking quite a lot of questions. Her last mail finished off with her saying she had to go but we would definitely chat again soon. That was Sunday and she's been online since and not replied! Boooooooooooooooo.

I'm on another pay site and my membership runs out tomorrow night and I'm not renewing it. What's the bet I will get an email from some "girl" on Thursday :rolleyes:

G-Money wrote: »
    Been chatting to a girl on POF. She seems/seemed quite interested, replying to my mails asking quite a lot of questions. Her last mail finished off with her saying she had to go but we would definitely chat again soon. That was Sunday and she's been online since and not replied! Boooooooooooooooo.

I'm on another pay site and my membership runs out tomorrow night and I'm not renewing it. What's the bet I will get an email from some "girl" on Thursday :rolleyes:

Did you mail her after she said she had to go out, or just wait for her to start up a conversation again? If she seemed genuinely interested, maybe send her a message asking did she have a nice weekend or something? You have nothing to lose :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Did you mail her after she said she had to go out, or just wait for her to start up a conversation again? If she seemed genuinely interested, maybe send her a message asking did she have a nice weekend or something? You have nothing to lose :)

I replied to her last mail shortly after she sent it asking her something. Then I thought I hadn't asked enough so just sent another quick short reply asking her name. She's been online since I sent both and not replied to either.

I replied to her last mail shortly after she sent it asking her something. Then I thought I hadn't asked enough so just sent another quick short reply asking her name. She's been online since I sent both and not replied to either.

Ah, so she's had two chances to reply? Damn. I'm sorry mate, that doesn't look great.

:(

• Advertisement

I could be dating someone ten years and I'd still never marry them, so no :p

Slutty posts? I must have missed that when I disappeared from the internet for a while. :pac: Having any success?

Just a quick reminder that, i'm a casual dater, so it's more of a FWB set up i'm looking for on pof, and i've very open and honest about it, several reason's. mostly time related ..

Plenty of activity shall we say, but what bug's me the most is women who let on they are intersted, and enjoy the banter, but if you ask for proof of who they are, i.e. facebook, a picture, a fone number, they drop of the face of the planet ..

No real skin off my nose, just a lot of wasted time..

I'd be in agreement with Lynda on that, she's possibly a lost cause, that being said, women do get hundred's of msg's so she maybe some what backlogged, but given the fact she replied so quickly in the past, it's unlikely..

Did you swap pictures recently ? i understand were not all built for each other, so if somebody asks for a picture, i generally add the tag " if you're not interested just say so, you wont offend me or hurt my feelings."

It doesnt always work, but a good 7 our of 10 times it will, and you know where you stand..

Just a quick reminder that, i'm a casual dater, so it's more of a FWB set up i'm looking for on pof, and i've very open and honest about it, several reason's. mostly time related ..

Plenty of activity shall we say, but what bug's me the most is women who let on they are intersted, and enjoy the banter, but if you ask for proof of who they are, i.e. facebook, a picture, a fone number, they drop of the face of the planet ..

No real skin off my nose, just a lot of wasted time..

Yeah, I assumed it was a FWB thing you were looking for. :p

Problem is, lots of women will say that they want that, but I've found that in reality, they don't. Of course, there are some who want that, but I suppose on a dating site like POF, you're bound to run into more people who want relationships over sex.

Yeah, I assumed it was a FWB thing you were looking for. :p

Problem is, lots of women will say that they want that, but I've found that in reality, they don't. Of course, there are some who want that, but I suppose on a dating site like POF, you're bound to run into more people who want relationships over sex.

So it seems,altho i'm always clear, and always to the point, some say they are looking for the same, some say, they are looking to get married, each to there own...

I really hope it works out for you and this chap by the way, it's always nice to hear positive stories, that you know are not just PR spin ..

So it seems,altho i'm always clear, and always to the point, some say they are looking for the same, some say, they are looking to get married, each to there own...

I really hope it works out for you and this chap by the way, it's always nice to hear positive stories, that you know are not just PR spin ..

Well, I didn't meet him on POF or OKC, so those sites never did much good for me. :pac:

If you're looking for a FWB thing, have you tried sites like IntimateEncounters? Not sure if I'm allowed talk about those kinda sites here, so mods please forgive me if I'm going against the charter!

Well, I didn't meet him on POF or OKC, so those sites never did much good for me. :pac:

If you're looking for a FWB thing, have you tried sites like IntimateEncounters? Not sure if I'm allowed talk about those kinda sites here, so mods please forgive me if I'm going against the charter!

Ahh you met him else where, still a positive is a positive ..

I've mooched arround a few of those site's, but i'm not too pushed on paying, not to mention the fact that as we've previously mentioned the fact that , the site's are designed to keep you coming back in the hope that you'll stay with them, Magic e-mails from hot girls in your location...

Right lads, stay off POF for a while. Don't want this one getting distracted yo' :pac:

It's okay, I won't be invading your territory. :pac: I'll be terrorising the Donegal area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Ah, more fodder for my book... Got the following message from a guy in Cork (I'm in Dublin) on Friday night:

"Luv to meet for fun".

Didn't bother replying, for myriad reasons. Woke up on Saturday morning to the following charming missives, sent within 20 minutes of eachother:

"Here what makes u so special as to ignore people when they msg u like ur no oil painting urself"

and

"No personality ignorant rude shallow dragged-up bent c*nt is all u are a good kick in the mouth u need u low life tramp"

I'm not going to lie, I LOL'd, profusely.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Ah, more fodder for my book... Got the following message from a guy in Cork (I'm in Dublin) on Friday night:

"Luv to meet for fun".

Didn't bother replying, for myriad reasons. Woke up on Saturday morning to the following charming missives, sent within 20 minutes of eachother:

"Here what makes u so special as to ignore people when they msg u like ur no oil painting urself"

and

"No personality ignorant rude shallow dragged-up bent c*nt is all u are a good kick in the mouth u need u low life tramp"

I'm not going to lie, I LOL'd, profusely.

Holy crap...I'd be reporting a nutter like that if I were you :eek: That last message is psychoville territory!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Awh that's lovely. Good news. Good luck with it.

• Advertisement

IT-Guy wrote: »
    Holy crap...I'd be reporting a nutter like that if I were you :eek: That last message is psychoville territory!

I agree. What kind of person leaves out commas when listing adjectives?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement