Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Its working for me, you obviously have to much mail

grrr just says webpage not available :( So annoying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,026 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I got in okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Piliger wrote: »
    Ah ok. Strange thing for them to do.... :rolleyes:

Not really. It allows you to have a quick glance at people online who may have similar interests as you, and therefore, someone who you may get on with.

Ahhh this is so annoying, can't log in :(

I'm not able to log in now either. So think that's the too much mail theory gone out. :)

• Advertisement

Thank gods it not just me :P SO frustrating :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I keep meeting women with children don't have a problem with kids just seems to make everything that little more strained :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Samich wrote: »
    Yeah I was asking about hardonragings potential "thing" he had lined up :P

Sorted for tonight tho !!!
    Snowie wrote: »
    I keep meeting women with children don't have a problem with kids just seems to make everything that little more strained :/

It's not for everybody that's for sure, speaking from exp ..

Ahhh this is so annoying, can't log in :(

Yeah, can't log in myself...

but I have mail to read. Waaaaaaah. :(

:pac:

Larianne wrote: »
    Yeah, can't log in myself...

but I have mail to read. Waaaaaaah. :(

:pac:

T'is rather annoying but im sure they will get it sorted ...

• Advertisement

Can't even attempt to log in now :(

And tell us more about your thing hardonraging :P

Can't even attempt to log in now :(

And tell us more about your thing hardonraging :P

What would you like to know, i met a lovely girl a month or so back, we get on great, it's not serious, so when i'm free i stop in for a chat and a mug of tea ( i dont drink tea )

POF works, as long as you're honest i guess..

What would you like to know, i met a lovely girl a month or so back, we get on great, it's not serious, so when i'm free i stop in for a chat and a mug of tea ( i dont drink tea )

POF works, as long as you're honest i guess..

Good stuff :) What age are you do you mind me asking? :)

Good stuff :) What age are you do you mind me asking? :)

No big secret I'm 32

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I cant seem to log in either, thiught it was just me!

molly09 wrote: »
    I cant seem to log in either, thiught it was just me!

No I can't log in since yesterday evening :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

got talking to this guy he seemed nice until he tells me this morning that he has a girlfriend so we should be discreet......what a scumbag :mad:

good thing i wasn't that into him

got talking to this guy he seemed nice until he tells me this morning that he has a girlfriend so we should be discreet......what a scumbag :mad:

Bad form, but sure i told ye that already.... cant understand why other guys feel the need to stray especially on to pof... they give the rest of us who are single a bad name ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

It's not for everybody that's for sure, speaking from exp ..

its not that it just seems like you have to put some one else first and double check things are ok and its messy

I don't mind women with kids i think theres nothing wrong its more so the logistical side of it if ya get me ?

Snowie wrote: »
    its not that it just seems like you have to put some one else first and double check things are ok and its messy

I don't mind women with kids i think theres nothing wrong its more so the logistical side of it if ya get me ?

I do indeed get you Snowie, like i said, been there done that, got the slippers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Here's something i thought i'd share.. I'd write out mails being nice etc and mostly i don't get any replies, get the odd one here and there. I have photo's up and i'm not a bad looking guy :-)

So at this stage i'm getting fed up of POF. I change my tactic. I'm 41 so my target are women mostly in their 40's. I sent this message out to them " Hey there, fancy dinner, drinks and a very nice hotel?" Well my inbox is full, no lie! They are half and half mixed replies. I get " Thanks but no thanks" from the ones that weren't interested whereas the other way i wasn't getting a reply at all from the ones that weren't interested from the nicer email!! They are at least replying!

Also, i am getting more positive replies. One girl praised me for having brass balls to send it out and admired me, she wrote nearly an essay praising me how cool i was! LOL..

It really did get a lot of womens attention and their curiosity about me, i also got the " How dare you " messages. I actually have a date tonight with this method. She's late 40's, good looking and great craic. I also since Wednesday had a chance of 3 more dates and loads of other women writing back and forth....

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Here's something i thought i'd share.. I'd write out mails being nice etc and mostly i don't get any replies, get the odd one here and there. I have photo's up and i'm not a bad looking guy :-)

So at this stage i'm getting fed up of POF. I change my tactic. I'm 41 so my target are women mostly in their 40's. I sent this message out to them " Hey there, fancy dinner, drinks and a very nice hotel?" Well my inbox is full, no lie! They are half and half mixed replies. I get " Thanks but no thanks" from the ones that weren't interested whereas the other way i wasn't getting a reply at all from the ones that weren't interested from the nicer email!! They are at least replying!

Also, i am getting more positive replies. One girl praised me for having brass balls to send it out and admired me, she wrote nearly an essay praising me how cool i was! LOL..

It really did get a lot of womens attention and their curiosity about me, i also got the " How dare you " messages. I actually have a date tonight with this method. She's late 40's, good looking and great craic. I also since Wednesday had a chance of 3 more dates and loads of other women writing back and forth....

Bravo sir, ladies like confidence in a man, along with a little flirty / wittiness ... enjoy your date to night ..

I think with sending messages, it takes a while to figure out what works and what doesn't. And it depends who you are aiming them at.

I try to pick something out of the profile and make a funny comment about it. If the guy doesn't get it, well then he's probably not for me anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Oh no that's not very nice. He should have been honest with you from the start.
    Any time I used POF I often been messaged by guys other than single ones, but by those who had a girlfriend and heaven forbid married. I avoided them like the plague if they looking for more than just a chat. A chat was ok but in general I tried to avoid them regardless. I don't like the thought of threading on another girls toes to be honest. I loose interest in a fella if he taken.

It was a very good thing you weren't. Best to have known when you did. It was cheeky of him asking to be discreet, he isn't worth your time asking a thing like that. I'd have him blocked instantly.

Though its ok for a guy to be confident, flirty, chatty, have a banter with there is a fine line like when he is taken.

Argh, able log in now and no messages :(

Argh, able log in now and no messages :(

If any consolation, the only message in my Inbox is from Markus for signing up.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If any consolation, the only message in my Inbox is from Markus for signing up.

Well considering I sent a message to the girl I was getting on well with and no reply :( it's not good :(

Also there was another girl who was exchenging long messages with me and swapped pics (she had seen mine before a good few messages before I saw hers) and she's stopped replying when she sent her pic :(

back to the first girl who was getting on well with, she said on IM that night "got to get off this, been on it too long" then she said "chat again if you like?"

I seen her still online for a good bit after that and I sent an IM cheekily saying "get to bed :P" which she declined and she declined and IM chat yesterday. Argh!

Well considering I sent a message to the girl I was getting on well with and no reply :( it's not good :(

Also there was another girl who was exchenging long messages with me and swapped pics (she had seen mine before a good few messages before I saw hers) and she's stopped replying when she sent her pic :(

back to the first girl who was getting on well with, she said on IM that night "got to get off this, been on it too long" then she said "chat again if you like?"

I seen her still online for a good bit after that and I sent an IM cheekily saying "get to bed :P" which she declined and she declined and IM chat yesterday. Argh!

Infairness it has been down, and i cant login @ the mo still ..

Infairness it has been down, and i cant login @ the mo still ..

I thought most could log in yesterday? Ok it's not so bad then :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

I read this thread regularly with interest and I cant get over the number of people who continue to use POF. :confused:

Ok, I know its free but been free attracts tons of bloody time-wasters, freaks and creeps.

I use match.com and at least with a paid site, the timewasters are dramatically reduced.

Just my opinion but I've met some very nice people on the site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement