Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

fat__tony wrote: »
    I read this thread regularly with interest and I cant get over the number of people who continue to use POF. :confused:

Ok, I know its free but been free attracts tons of bloody time-wasters, freaks and creeps.

I use match.com and at least with a paid site, the timewasters are dramatically reduced.

Just my opinion but I've met some very nice people on the site.

There's hardly many 18-23 year olds on that site? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I read this thread regularly with interest and I cant get over the number of people who continue to use POF. :confused:

Ok, I know its free but been free attracts tons of bloody time-wasters, freaks and creeps.

I use match.com and at least with a paid site, the timewasters are dramatically reduced.

Just my opinion but I've met some very nice people on the site.

I joined Match for a month. It was the biggest waste of 30 euro i spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

Samich wrote: »
    There's hardly many 18-23 year olds on that site? :)

Thats probably a fair point, 24-40 probably describes the core demographic.

Im 29 so it suits me fine.

Have you ever tried it? Im not sure if its popular in Ireland though.

Its widely used here (Toronto)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Well considering I sent a message to the girl I was getting on well with and no reply :( it's not good :(

Also there was another girl who was exchenging long messages with me and swapped pics (she had seen mine before a good few messages before I saw hers) and she's stopped replying when she sent her pic :(

back to the first girl who was getting on well with, she said on IM that night "got to get off this, been on it too long" then she said "chat again if you like?"

I seen her still online for a good bit after that and I sent an IM cheekily saying "get to bed :P" which she declined and she declined and IM chat yesterday. Argh!

Try not to take things so seriously a dates a date just because you have a couple of chat really means nothing...

Hate to be the one to say it...

don't look at anything threw rose colored glass only setting your self up for disappointment.. Go with the flow!

Snowie wrote: »
    Try not to take things so seriously a dates a date just because you have a couple of chat really means nothing...

Hate to be the one to say it...

don't look at anything threw rose colored glass only setting your self up for disappointment.. Go with the flow!

No that's cool.

I just find the whole process slow. She could well message me back. I just want a date with someone I like :mad:

• Advertisement

Thats probably a fair point, 24-40 probably describes the core demographic.

Im 29 so it suits me fine.

Have you ever tried it? Im not sure if its popular in Ireland though.

Its widely used here (Toronto)

Never used it, 30 euro for a month? :eek: Being a student I have better things to spend 30 euro on :)

No that's cool.

I just find the whole process slow. She could well message me back. I just want a date with someone I like :mad:

Well You're impatience will lead to you staying single, Itle make you look needy and insecure. Women like men not needy snot bags who require maintenance if she doesn't reply her loss end of..

If you can't understand that people do whats right bye them selves well maybe you should give online dating a miss because its the most self indulgent act in this day and age.

Well You're impatience will lead to you staying single, Itle make you look needy and insecure. Women like men not needy snot bags who require maintenance if she doesn't reply her loss end of..

If you can't understand that people do whats right bye them selves well maybe you should give online dating a miss because its the most self indulgent act in this day and age.

It's not like I've asked anyone on a date or have it on my profile "desperate for a date"

I've been on it for maybe 2.5 years now and haven't been exchanging messages with anyone I like really apart from one girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Your use of the term 'snot bags' made me LOL. I do agree with you.

Samich, I'd say avoid using the IM feature. I think mail messages back and forth is the way to go really. But if you've no patience for the mails, then Internet Dating might not be for you.

Larianne wrote: »

Samich, I'd say avoid using the IM feature. I think mail messages back and forth is the way to go really. But if you've no patience for the mails, then Internet Dating might not be for you.

It's hard to explain things sometimes!

• Advertisement

Never used it, 30 euro for a month? :eek: Being a student I have better things to spend 30 euro on :)

Three month subscription is $62 so €45 or there abouts.

It's not like I've asked anyone on a date or have it on my profile "desperate for a date"

I've been on it for maybe 2.5 years now and haven't been exchanging messages with anyone I like really apart from one girl.

But your actions behavior fundamentally give of the impression tho.. Your impiatence looks more like neediness to the opposite sex..

so in 2.5 years you've never asked a woman out on a date last time i asks d woman out it was on the 4th message... Simple strike fast while the iron is hot.
    Larianne wrote: »

:D... well it strue its how people come across :) some times.. Ive ignored women for that serial expect to be delt with first kinda girl Ignore...

I agree IM feature on pof is dangerous.... i stick to pm's

But your actions behavior fundamentally give of the impression tho.. Your impiatence looks more like neediness to the opposite sex..

so in 2.5 years you've never asked a woman out on a date last time i asks d woman out it was on the 4th message... Simple strike fast while the iron is hot.

:D... well it strue its how people come across :) some times.. Ive ignored women for that serial expect to be delt with first kinda girl Ignore...

Because I want to meet someone or go on a date badly doesn't mean I come accross as needy.

This is key when it comes to courting a girl, exchange a few messages and go for it.

Women like confidence.

Because I want to meet someone or go on a date badly doesn't mean I come accross as needy.

But your impatience does make you look needy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

I'm tryin to eat some steak here guys !!

But srsly tho ! Snowie's 100% here, you may not realise it, but women pick up on these things ...even over text ...

Also, agree 100% do not use the IM ...

I'm tryin to eat some steak here guys !!

medium rare garlic butter :) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

medium rare garlic butter :) ?

Pink ;)

The best advice i can give you is, to plan your msg's read the profiles, come up with something witty, and like snowie says ... strike while the iron is hot..

Finally, if they dont ceom back, or dont reply, move on ! simple as,,

• Registered Users Posts: 29,026 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Medium well done just with pepper sauce, it has to be.

I wouldn't like to use IM either. Conversation can dry up quick when talking online. With mails you can think about what you're saying, space it out more and a conversation can be continued over a couple days so you're still actively talking to each other when you meet up. You can use a mail as a cliffhanger saying you'll tell her the rest at dinner.

Now I want steak

How do you know how I act when messaging someone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I've sent out three messages just there.
    Think that's a record for me.

Panthro wrote: »
    I've sent out three messages just there.
    Think that's a record for me.

Record low or high? :D

Record low or high? :D

High. I usually just leave it and see who messages me. (Probably not the best way of doing things but sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Traded numbers with the gal I'm supposed to be seeing tomorrow. Sent a text just there.

*waits*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Galvasean wrote: »
    Traded numbers with the gal I'm supposed to be seeing tomorrow. Sent a text just there.

*waits*

I hate the sence of fear until you find out its a real number.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I hate the sence of fear until you find out its a real number.

No reply yet, it may not be! :pac:

I'm guessing its rude to ask about the other girl in the picture right?
    Because I've messaged asking and I haven't gotten a reply yet.
    Boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,026 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Boo.

Think that always runs the risk of being interpreted as "Who's she? She's hot! Can I meet her instead of you?" when all you meant was "Who's the other girl - friend or sister?"

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Boo.

It depends. What did you ask?

• Advertisement

Text talk on somebody's profile makes me cry. Not really. On the inside, maybe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement