Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Have seen a load of text talk ones and saw a new profile with photo for my area, but the photo has her in the distance so can't see what she looks like.

Got 2 messages within half an hour of each other. Think I panicked when I saw them. Didn't know what was happening. :) Unfortunately, one was older than I would be interested in and 1 was just asking if I knew a couple other guys who she named.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Got a nasty mail off some guy. WTF?!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Christie Rainbows

oh no what did he say Larianne?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Got a message from someone last night who had no picture and no information on her profile going "why didn't you message me?!". People are weird.

What was the tag line ?

you think thats bad! I got my entire profile stolen by a Scorpio man - I am a Scorpio woman - when I asked him to take it down he winked at me!! Was furious!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

fat__tony wrote: »
    Three month subscription is $62 so €45 or there abouts.

Definately only cost me around 30 for the month, could have been some "special" offer

oh no what did he say Larianne?

He commented on my appearence. Why bother like?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

Larianne wrote: »

Don't worry about them, some people like to feel better by putting others down. I don't see the point in it myself. Don't let it get to you!

I had to reschedule my date today because I am very ill, but I don't think he believes me and even though it was a text seemed a little pissed off :( Didn't even ask if I was ok which puts me off to be honest.
    Hmmm...

oops sorry think I posted previous reply a few mins ago to the wrong place! Anyway just a general on dating sites and messages - I wish guys would write more than "hi , how are you?" or "whats the craic" or "you're looking nice".... please just a bit more than 3 words - why does everyone get stuck at that stage! There is so much to say that will grab someone's interest and set your message apart from the tons of meaningless 3 worded ones! Its easy to get results when you try!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

****ty thing to do, cant understand the point of sending insults full stop, nevermind to someone you've never met. Chin up chick! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

you think thats bad! I got my entire profile stolen by a Scorpio man - I am a Scorpio woman - when I asked him to take it down he winked at me!! Was furious!:mad:

People are dicks.. a bit of anonymity and they loose the run of there selves .. :(

Prob looking for a rise, tryin to make him self feel better, I assume you got it last night / this morning, could be drink related, bad night on the town. bad date, lack of replies... I could go on ..

It doesnt make it right of course, block him and move on Larianne, Dont beat your self up about it ..

oops sorry think I posted previous reply a few mins ago to the wrong place! Anyway just a general on dating sites and messages - I wish guys would write more than "hi , how are you?" or "whats the craic" or "you're looking nice".... please just a bit more than 3 words - why does everyone get stuck at that stage! There is so much to say that will grab someone's interest and set your message apart from the tons of meaningless 3 worded ones! Its easy to get results when you try!

It can be tough for guys to come up with something fresh, writers block, being tongue-tied etc .. all comes back to a lack of confidence.

I've said it to a few folks here, you need to stand out, so try a different approach, be random, ask a question about something on her profile, read it, analyst it, and mail her.

THEZAPPA wrote: »
    I had to reschedule my date today because I am very ill, but I don't think he believes me and even though it was a text seemed a little pissed off :( Didn't even ask if I was ok which puts me off to be honest.
    Hmmm...

He may send a text later on to see how you are. I hate cancellations at the last minute myself so if I got a text cancelling a date in a few hours I'd be a bit peeved, but I'd get over it. I've had to cancel dates before because of being ill. If he's still snotty later, or doesn't ask how you're doing, I'd leave it.
    Don't worry about them, some people like to feel better by putting others down. I don't see the point in it myself. Don't let it get to you!
    IT-Guy wrote: »
    ****ty thing to do, cant understand the point of sending insults full stop, nevermind to someone you've never met. Chin up chick! :p
    People are dicks.. a bit of anonymity and they loose the run of there selves .. :(

Prob looking for a rise, tryin to make him self feel better, I assume you got it last night / this morning, could be drink related, bad night on the town. bad date, lack of replies... I could go on ..

It doesnt make it right of course, block him and move on Larianne, Dont beat your self up about it ..

Thanks dudes. Ah yeah, I know. I'm confident in my looks so that hasn't bothered me. Tis the fact someone just decided to randomly comment like that. :rolleyes: Good luck to him! :pac:

Hmmm...

That's an interesting one, could be disappointment, more so than being annoyed..

Why not just ask " as you annoyed with me ?"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well gotta question the offers he'll get if your profile mentioned you're a single woman and detailed the type of man you're looking for. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Some people get a kick out of being nasty, a major character flaw in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

My massive hangover this morning was slightly helped when I checked me inbox to find messages from four different girls, its always like a feast or a famine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

I'm on the Cork train right now, a guy and a girl behind me that have obviously just met are finding out they know people in common and having an aul flirt. Can't be sure but the girl looks familiar from POF! Nice to see the old ways still in use! Next time on The Love Train.. :pac:...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Got this beauty of a message last night
    wanna fuck sometime? here's my num....

How romantic! :pac:

My massive hangover this morning was slightly helped when I checked me inbox to find messages from four different girls, its always like a feast or a famine.

Any reciprocal interest there

How romantic!

Classy !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Hopefully he intends to hook you up with someone that has more class.

• Advertisement

Any reciprocal interest there

Well one is an american who is visiting Ireland in a few months and was asking about places to visit and the likes so its unlikly anything will come from it ( She is hot though)

One of the other girls has a lot of similar interests but is moving to the US soon so its unlikly anything will come from it (She is also quite hot)

The other two seem like nice girls have some similar interests and actually live in the country (which is a significant bonus) and are both very cute as well all in all a good morning for me.

Well one is an american who is visiting Ireland in a few months and was asking about places to visit and the likes so its unlikly anything will come from it ( She is hot though)

Yea.. is it a real girl ? tineye the pics ?
    One of the other girls has a lot of similar interests but is moving to the US soon so its unlikly anything will come from it (She is also quite hot)

Few fun date's tho maybe ?
    The other two seem like nice girls have some similar interests and actually live in the country (which is a significant bonus) and are both very cute as well all in all a good morning for me.

Sounds like you've something to follow up on there .. hopefully you'll get a few date' out of it

Yea.. is it a real girl ? tineye the pics ?

Few fun date's tho maybe ?

Sounds like you've something to follow up on there .. hopefully you'll get a few date' out of it

Yeah it seems like a real girl the pics look genuine lots of activity pics that dont look faked. Yeah hopefully one or two dates come from them early days yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Well my boards dating didnt end successfully.
    went back on POF, and had much success :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Hmmm...

If you are who I think you are my sincerest apologies. The text woke me up and I was rather hungover. Didn't mean to be rude. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Never let your sister play with your phone. She logged into POF and added a bunch of favourites 'on my behalf'. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Galvasean wrote: »
    Never let your sister play with your phone. She logged into POF and added a bunch of favourites 'on my behalf'. :mad:

are they attractive ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

If you are who I think you are my sincerest apologies. The text woke me up and I was rather hungover. Didn't mean to be rude. :o

I think I am who you think I am! No worries at all :o I understand after the night you had :p

I think I am who you think I am! No worries at all :o I understand after the night you had :p

ahhh check you two out ...it's kinda cute really ...

You know THEZAPPA pretty cute right ?
    Yeah it seems like a real girl the pics look genuine lots of activity pics that dont look faked. Yeah hopefully one or two dates come from them early days yet though.

Check them on tineye it's not always 100% on the money, but i've caught out more weirdo's with it that would beat the band ...

• Advertisement

Check them on tineye it's not always 100% on the money, but i've caught out more weirdo's with it that would beat the band ...

I was speaking to my flatmate the other day about online dating and he said himself and his college friends used to set up fake profiles and see who got the most hits/mails.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement