Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Just deleted my plenty of fish account :) woke up jus morning looked at the mails was like meh...not meeting the kinda women id like to meet every woman in the part the country I live in seems to have kids so its kinda like no point...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Galvasean wrote: »
    Never let your sister play with your phone. She logged into POF and added a bunch of favourites 'on my behalf'. :mad:
    Snowie wrote: »
    are they attractive ?

I must admit the lady has good taste. Knows me better than I know myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

So a few days ago, a guy messaged me on POF asking was I interested in NSA fun. I didn't reply because that's not what I'm looking for. He then messaged me again today, asking am I weirdo. I didn't reply. Then I get this:

"it must be nice up there on your high horse. you are never going to meet a guy cos your horrible with a horrible personality".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Novella wrote: »
    So a few days ago, a guy messaged me on POF asking was I interested in NSA fun. I didn't reply because that's not what I'm looking for. He then messaged me again today, asking am I weirdo. I didn't reply. Then I get this:

"it must be nice up there on your high horse. you are never going to meet a guy cos your horrible with a horrible personality".

Same old issue, rejection, followed by frustration ... ( feel sorry for him, in a way )

Shrug it off Novella, a cutie like you dosen't need that sort of hassle ..
    Just deleted my plenty of fish account woke up jus morning looked at the mails was like meh...not meeting the kinda women id like to meet every woman in the part the country I live in seems to have kids so its kinda like no point...

When are you going to find a nice girl and settle down ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

ha, what a tool.

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    I must admit the lady has good taste. Knows me better than I know myself :pac:
    well then quit moaning and get stuck in :pac:

When are you going to find a nice girl and settle down ;)

I don't want a girl I want a lady cause then she cane a freak in the bed :cool:

Giggidy Giggidy GiggidyGiggidy

Nah but seriously I just don't think online dating is right for me at the moment so I'm calling it quits for a few months.. Myabe if i move fingers crossed things might change :)

Edit ( not because i haven't meet some seriously lovely ladys just things are not right for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Clearly he's not the knight to join you on your horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Got this beauty of a message last night

How romantic! :pac:

I got a great one recently. It just said:

"i'll f*ck you in Cork!!"

It made me LOL, cause I read it in a thick Cork accent too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ankhyu wrote: »

Ewww..... Cork.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

It made me LOL, cause I read it in a thick Cork accent too :P

Needs to have "Boi!" at the end....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

You should have told him to get well acquainted with his right hand because that all the action he is ever going to get :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

To be honest though, I'm slowly, bit by bit losing interest in OD. Just sick of all the same messages, I still log in, but I just think "ugh" and log out again 5 minutes later.
    However, maybe it's also because of the lovely boy I met recently that I'm putting the sites on the back burner. Don't wanna put my eggs in one basket but I kinda really like him.

Any promising dates over the weekend anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

To be honest though, I'm slowly, bit by bit losing interest in OD. Just sick of all the same messages, I still log in, but I just think "ugh" and log out again 5 minutes later.
    However, maybe it's also because of the lovely boy I met recently that I'm putting the sites on the back burner. Don't wanna put my eggs in one basket but I kinda really like him.

Any promising dates over the weekend anyone?

Oh sounds promising..did you meet him on OD or IRL? Hope it goes well for you anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Got this reply when I sent a pic with my message
    here teres new gillete shavin foam for sensitiveskin like urs ud wANNA INVEST IN SUM .. YA MUFF

Samich wrote: »

I know this sounds easy to say but I wouldn't even let a servile dig gusting thing like that get to you, i know I've said that i think you need to chill out and could of be considered rude or poorly put together but seriously if you let that get to you...

Then seriously she winning theres no excuse for that :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I know this sounds easy to say but I wouldn't even let a servile dig gusting thing like that get to you, i know I've said that i think you need to chill out and could of be considered rude or poorly put together but seriously if you let that get to you...

Then seriously she winning theres no excuse for that :mad:

Nah it's not getting to me, just thought I'd share it. So many messers on it. :( Not talking about that one either.

Nah it's not getting to me, just thought I'd share it. So many messers on it. :( Not talking about that one either.

man Id report that person to the site....

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

Classy, educated women this one.

Seems like a right catch :pac:

Re Samich's message: Had to read that 3 times before any of it made sense. Made my brain hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

So, Honey-ec is feeling a *leetle* confused today.

As I said, had date #2 on Friday with a guy I was out with last week. Went really well, we both had a blast, ended up going out with him again last night. I'm getting the impression that this guy is quite keen and would like something to develop.

But, I also had a first date with a new guy on Saturday night. I really wasn't pushed about it all day Saturday but it had been arranged a while and I wasn't going to be a bitch about it and cancel on the day. Ended up going really, really well too and he wants to go for dinner tonight.

I haven't a blinkin clue what to do now. Go on a few more dates with both and see if a clear preference for one emerges? I know it's very early days and I don't "owe" either of them anything, but I don't want to be a bitch either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Larianne wrote: »
    Re Samich's message: Had to read that 3 times before any of it made sense. Made my brain hurt.

I'd report her for shíte grammar alone.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I haven't a blinkin clue what to do now. Go on a few more dates with both and see if a clear preference for one emerges? I know it's very early days and I don't "owe" either of them anything, but I don't want to be a bitch either.

Yep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Where do you all get the energy for this dating mullarkey? I just can't be bothered anymore. Do you not find it easier to just get out and about and try and talk to new people etc? After the last couple of dates, hours of making conversation with a stranger, I just couldn't be bothered anymore. Am I alone in feeling this way?

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Where do you all get the energy for this dating mullarkey? I just can't be bothered anymore. Do you not find it easier to just get out and about and try and talk to new people etc? After the last couple of dates, hours of making conversation with a stranger, I just couldn't be bothered anymore. Am I alone in feeling this way?

I usually log on when bored or procrastinating. I still meet people when out and about.

With online dating, it has an element of luck involved. Like meeting someone anywhere else really.

I usually log on when bored or procrastinating. I still meet people when out and about.

With online dating, it has an element of luck involved. Like meeting someone anywhere else really.

So do women ever send messages to men first? Have you done? Would they ever not respond?

So do women ever send messages to men first? Have you done? Would they ever not respond?

Yep I have done. I'm very proactive. And yes, sometimes I don't get replies. And yes, I am a woman! :D

Yep I have done. I'm very proactive. And yes, sometimes I don't get replies. And yes, I am a woman! :D

Wow, I didn't think women would get the chance to send messages first, anyone I spoke with was getting so many a day it was hard to read through them. The whole thing is kind of bizarre! Maybe it's different in Ireland as to London, zero joy for me here, I deleted the account last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Wow, I didn't think women would get the chance to send messages first, anyone I spoke with was getting so many a day it was hard to read through them. The whole thing is kind of bizarre! Maybe it's different in Ireland as to London, zero joy for me here, I deleted the account last week.

Yep, i send loads of messages first as i dont get too many messages from guys first :( Some reply but not too many. The ones that usually message me first are the ones i have no interest in...:rolleyes:

andreac wrote: »
    Yep, i send loads of messages first as i dont get too many messages from guys first :( Some reply but not too many. The ones that usually message me first are the ones i have no interest in...:rolleyes:

You know, I tried it once in Ireland a few years ago and I had success, messages from girls first etc. I think maybe on the scale of things I am uglier here because there's far more competition, it makes sense I suppose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Had an interesting POF date on Saturday night. Turns out she is a sister of an irish actor :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement