Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Wow, I didn't think women would get the chance to send messages first, anyone I spoke with was getting so many a day it was hard to read through them. The whole thing is kind of bizarre! Maybe it's different in Ireland as to London, zero joy for me here, I deleted the account last week.

Nah, it doesn't take long to read through the "Hi, how r u?"/"Ur sexy bb!" messages. I also go through phases of hiding my profile so I just send messages to guys who interest me.

I should have 3 dates lined up when I get home at the weekend. One messaged me first. I made contact with the other two first. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

I was out at the Volvo Ocean race in Galway yesterday.
    I was standing watching a good African band,got a tap on the shoulder.
    It was a lady I was mailing of POF.
    It was nice to stand out in the crowd lol

We had a chat and we could be meeting up next Saturday Eve.....
    I love a woman who is upfront in a nice way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Larianne wrote: »
    Nah, it doesn't take long to read through the "Hi, how r u?"/"Ur sexy bb!" messages. I also go through phases of hiding my profile so I just send messages to guys who interest me.

I should have 3 dates lined up when I get home at the weekend. One messaged me first. I made contact with the other two first. :)

Good for you Larianne. That all sounds very positive

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Went on 2 dates in the last week. Both very nice. Will meet them again if they are willing. One definitely is. One guy was very quiet but very attractive. Not sure if he'd be too quiet for me but would like to meet him again and see how it goes. I can't meet in next few weeks with work commitments so have to hope they are interested enough to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

THEZAPPA if you cancelled the date it's up to you to contact him and try to reschedual IMO. If I was canceled on I would assume it was an excuse. If the person contacted me again great but if not I certainly wouldn't be running after them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Northclare wrote: »
    I love a woman who is upfront in a nice way :)

I wasn't getting much of a vibe either way off Saturday's guy and it was getting kind of late so I just said to him "Look, I'm kind of tempted to kiss you but I don't know if that would be a really bad idea?" He said "No, it would be a really, really good idea!" and that was that.

Turns out he thought I wasn't interested at all and that's why he wasn't risking going for a snog. Pays to be forthright sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm finding some women think that me liking "curvy" women means that I like huge BBW :confused:

I like a bit of meat on the women, but the ones contacting me on OKC are huge. Meh. And the sad thing is, they don't even have any common interests.

the_syco wrote: »
    I'm finding some women think that me liking "curvy" women means that I like huge BBW :confused:

I like a bit of meat on the women, but the ones contacting me on OKC are huge. Meh. And the sad thing is, they don't even have any common interests.

I think some people describe or like to think being obese is curvy! It's not. Maybe take it off your profile if it's starting to bother you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I wasn't getting much of a vibe either way off Saturday's guy and it was getting kind of late so I just said to him "Look, I'm kind of tempted to kiss you but I don't know if that would be a really bad idea?" He said "No, it would be a really, really good idea!" and that was that.

Turns out he thought I wasn't interested at all and that's why he wasn't risking going for a snog. Pays to be forthright sometimes!

You cant beat a girl who's not shy about being forward..

You cant beat a girl who's not shy about being forward..

Life's too short to be coy. I'm a grown woman, I know what I want and I'm not going to potentially let it pass me by out of lack of initiative.

If I'd said nothing we'd have both gone our separate ways wondering what went wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Life's too short to be coy. I'm a grown woman, I know what I want and I'm not going to potentially let it pass me by out of lack of initiative.

If I'd said nothing we'd have both gone our separate ways wondering what went wrong.

Exactly, wish more people would take the initiative.. as the old saying goes " drop the hand" .. but not literally tho.

Dont you owe me a msg by the way .. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

HELP WITH REPLIES:

Hey all .. I don't fit the profile of you guys ... I am 51(M) and starting again after a divorce not too long ago.

Here's my current problem .. I am still in good condition and very young in my attitudes etc. I usually date and get on best with ladies of about 38-48. However I keep getting messages etc from ladies on POF that are 55+ and are gone to seed in every way :( (sorry if that sounds awful but it's true) I am sure they are nice ladies but I need to write back to some of them..

Any ideas on a nice way to say ... no thanks you seem like a nice lady but don't match my profile ? (even if they do in some ways...) ?

I know I'm the one usually delivering advice hereabouts but this one is really a stickler :(

How about "Thank you for your mail but unfortnately you are not what I'm looking for."

Or you could just not reply to them. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know it was mentioned before but the "Average body type" option is strange. Saw one girl's profile who had "a few extra pounds" and she looked less heavy than some of the "average" ones. Unless they were old photos she was using. I have myself down as average body type, as I wouldn't exactly describe myself as fit and slim but there's no other option between slim and few extra pounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

How about "Thank you for your mail but unfortnately you are not what I'm looking for."

Or you could just not reply to them. :confused:

No don't say that it makes you sound like you're people shopping :o
    If I don't find the profile attractive then I don't reply...

simple as small talk ends up leading them on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

mood wrote: »
    THEZAPPA if you cancelled the date it's up to you to contact him and try to reschedual IMO. If I was canceled on I would assume it was an excuse. If the person contacted me again great but if not I certainly wouldn't be running after them!

I know, I would also assume it was an excuse which is why I have asked to reschedule once I am back to full health!

Snowie wrote: »
    No don't say that it makes you sound like you're people shopping :o
    If I don't find the profile attractive then I don't reply...

simple as small talk ends up leading them on!

Isn't that what we're all essentially doing?? :D:o

Yeah, I wouldn't reply either but I am guess Piliger wants to be polite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Hahaha... I haven't been replying up to now :) But I guess I got two really lovely messages in the last two days and feeling obligated :) It's really hard not to reply.

Anyone else spend time going through the Meet Me list ? I feel such a hypocrite clicking yes, no, no, no, no, no, yes .... based on unbelievably trivial things and just instant impressions :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Well ye but ya kinda have to look past that and be real i think theres an awful lot of dreamers out there... :(

see your a bad as me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Piliger wrote: »
    Hahaha... I haven't been replying up to now :) But I guess I got two really lovely messages in the last two days and feeling obligated :) It's really hard not to reply.

Anyone else spend time going through the Meet Me list ? I feel such a hypocrite clicking yes, no, no, no, no, no, yes .... based on unbelievably trivial things and just instant impressions :D

Reminds me of Chandler in Friends "Big head, big head, big head".

Though was clicking through some of those ones along the top of the profile I was looking at. Dunno why but there was one from Bangkok and going by how "she" looked, I'm sure if I looked close enough I would've seen an Adam's apple. :eek:

• Advertisement

Piliger wrote: »

So don't do it. It's not obligatory, you know.

I'm WAY more nervous about dinner tonight with Saturday's guy than I was about our first date.

I'm WAY more nervous about dinner tonight with Saturday's guy than I was about our first date.

Have fun! ;)

THEZAPPA wrote: »
    I know, I would also assume it was an excuse which is why I have asked to reschedule once I am back to full health!

I would still think it's a brush off. When you are better you should email/text him and ask if he is still on for meeting up.

mood wrote: »
    I would still think it's a brush off. When you are better you should email/text him and ask if he is still on for meeting up.

Well seeing as he posts on this thread, I think he knows what the score is. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Long before I started using OD myself I befriended an American guy who found his wife via online dating. They have been together nearly ten years and have two beautiful children. :)

My ears doth burning reading this thread!! :pac:

Oh I didn't know that. I only check in occasionally!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I hadnt got a creepy message in a while when i git this beauty earleir:
    ' Hi you look nice. Are you a virgin?' :O
    Great to see so many people having successful dates lately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

newbee22 wrote: »
    I hadnt got a creepy message in a while when i git this beauty earleir:
    ' Hi you look nice. Are you a virgin?' :O
    Great to see so many people having successful dates lately!

Please tell me you replied "No... Not yet" :D If someone messages me looking for a "genuine man" do I tell them I've lost my certificate of authenticity?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Ha id be too nervous!! I can only imagine the reply!!! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

newbee22 wrote: »
    Ha id be too nervous!! I can only imagine the reply!!! :o

I'll bet you you can't :pac:...

Holy Ladyparts.... Just checked out new users on pof and there's a rather graphic picture to be seen :eek: "someone reported me before cos of a picture I had up"... I can only hope that was the pic that got her deleted before because god help us if it's her idea of an improvement!! My eyes!!

*expects POF to experience heavy site traffic straight after this post*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement