Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

I'll bet you you can't :pac:...

Holy Ladyparts.... Just checked out new users on pof and there's a rather graphic picture to be seen :eek: "someone reported me before cos of a picture I had up"... I can only hope that was the pic that got her deleted before because god help us if it's her idea of an improvement!! My eyes!!

*expects POF to experience heavy site traffic straight after this post*

I saw the profile you are talking about the girl obviously doesnt beat around the bush.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Has to be a fake profile, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Larianne wrote: »

Id imagine so the girl in the face pic looks a lot slimmer than the girl in the "other" pic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Weird, i checked out he newbie's earlier and dint see anything ..

Larianne wrote: »

I'd say it's a fake for two reasons .. first the main pic is a picture of a photo... why not take a current pic .. and secondly, that's a pretty bad wax /shave.. no self respecting woman post's that and not a decent photo of her self .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

I'd say it's a fake for two reasons .. first the main pic is a picture of a photo... why not take a current pic .. and secondly, that's a pretty bad wax /shave.. no self respecting woman post's that and not a decent photo of her self .

DON'TYOUTALKABOUTHERLIKETHAT!!!!!!! I love her!!!:mad: :pac:.... Amazingly she isn't looking for "intimate encounter" lads, so it's safe to message her!! :rolleyes:

the_syco wrote: »
    I'm finding some women think that me liking "curvy" women means that I like huge BBW :confused:

I like a bit of meat on the women, but the ones contacting me on OKC are huge. Meh. And the sad thing is, they don't even have any common interests.

Someone must have read your post! Newbie on POF "curvy.. Not obese!! Just love my curves" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I defo wouldn't let her near me with wax anyway !!! It has to be a fake if not then ouch !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Oh oh oh oh oh oh a nice girl and I have been mailing and we've swapped pics and she's still chatty. Waheyyy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,029 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Got a generic one line message from a girl. But since had no other messages, figured would reply. Next message then was just another one line question. 3rd message was just "Where are you from?"
    Ummmm, I know reading profiles isn't always the done thing if talking to someone, but why ask a question when the answer is actually in the common profile details. I'd see through it if I just named the county twice(amazing how many people from Donegal, Donegal there are. Clearly everyone in Donegal Town is single) but I named the specific town.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Got a generic one line message from a girl. But since had no other messages, figured would reply. Next message then was just another one line question. 3rd message was just "Where are you from?"
    Ummmm, I know reading profiles isn't always the done thing if talking to someone, but why ask a question when the answer is actually in the common profile details. I'd see through it if I just named the county twice(amazing how many people from Donegal, Donegal there are. Clearly everyone in Donegal Town is single) but I named the specific town.

Something fishy there maybe .... !

• Advertisement

You still goin' on about that profile I mentioned :pac:....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Well date 2 with Saturday Guy went grand. At first I was like “I don’t like him as much as I did on Saturday” but he kind of grew on me again throughout the evening. He loved the restaurant I chose, which was a relief cause I'd talked it up big time and it's on the opposite side of the city to him. Went for a drink then and had a good old natter and a bit of a snog. He dropped me home afterwards and we had a good old wear in the car. I’d definitely see him again if he asked but I’m not absolutely mad about him or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I re-registered on OKC again. Seems like the usual suspects are there :rolleyes:

CastorTroy wrote: »

I wouldn't think so. I've replied to messages like that and they usually pan out that way. :cool:

Samich wrote: »
    Oh oh oh oh oh oh a nice girl and I have been mailing and we've swapped pics and she's still chatty. Waheyyy :pac:

Said she looked good in her pic and she said "you too" back :cool:

Number secured :P

Samich wrote: »
    Said she looked good in her pic and she said "you too" back :cool:

Number secured :P

:pac:..... Sounds like the phone number was the longest part of the message! Good stuff outta you keep us updated!

:pac:..... Sounds like the phone number was the longest part of the message! Good stuff outta you keep us updated!

Thanks ;) I'm not expecting anything still. No expectations is best. She seems cool anywho :-) Showing an interest etc etc :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Is there any decent dating sites out there where men can find women?
    Plentyoffish is useless.
    I've put up photos, tried various ways of messaging girls, nothing works.
    No replies, waste of time.
    I think theres too many men and not enough women and the women on there never bother messaging men and don't bother replying to 99% of messages they get.
    Does a decent dating website exist or am I just wasting my time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

A couple of times I found POF great. You can knock any site when you don't find anyone through it. That reflects more on the user than the site, usually. A site is only a reflection of normal life. If you have trouble finding a partner in ral life why should a site be any different ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

KTRIC wrote: »
    I re-registered on OKC again. Seems like the usual suspects are there :rolleyes:

This site really does seem to have a very limited number of members..and almost none of them seem to reply to any kind of message.

• Advertisement

I haven't tried chatting up girls in real life.
    I'm afraid of rejection.
    Because of the fact I've had no luck on that site when girls have seen my photo its made me more afraid to chat them up in real life.
    I don't know.
    Maybe some of us are just doomed to be alone and single all our life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Piliger wrote: »
    This site really does seem to have a very limited number of members..and almost none of them seem to reply to any kind of message.

I've noticed that. I get plenty of views. No replies, even from the ones who keep looking :rolleyes:

I'm going to have a bit of a laugh and change my profile this evening. Might try some reverse psychology. :D

There seems to be a majority of Irish women that love bastards, so I'm giving them one !!!

**Edit -- its coming along nicely, turning into comic genius, if I do say so myself :D :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

People are not hard to chat up at all,it all depends on the ones you're chatting to.
    If they are friendly and have good personality they will chat away.

I worked in a place where I meet some of the most beautiful women in the world,and believe you me if you have wit and some charm "looks don't matter"

I find on POF it's the women with little or
    everything who are more open to chat.
    That's my personal experience.
    Having something in common works too.

I even dated models and celebs,the kind who like you for you and not what you have to offer them....

As long as your not sending bitter nasty or rude insults,or when someone doesn't ans a mail I just know ill usually get a response within a week.
    Some people have better things to be doing.

Remember it's them,and not you who has the problem.

Always read the profile first.
    I'm not going to mail someone iv nothing in common with, as its not fair, ill be wasting her good time and fooling myself.

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I'm afraid of rejection.
    Because of the fact I've had no luck on that site when girls have seen my photo its made me more afraid to chat them up in real life.
    I don't know.

Who isn't though? You just gotta put yourself out there! Yeah, you might get knocked back, but then what about the time that you don't??

If you think you are doomed to be alone and single all your life, you probably will to be honest.

KTRIC wrote: »
    comic genius, if I do say so myself :D :P

Is that an example of the "reverse psychology" there :P :) I get a fair few compliments on the humour of my profile, it's a winner not to take it too seriously alright! Let us know some responses you get :)

I'm afraid of rejection.
    I don't know.

I have approached maybe 5/10 girls in my life. 2 girls talked to me. Both were very drunk :pac:

The others gave me a dirty look and walked away as if I was being perverted (I just said, hey having a good night?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I'm afraid of rejection.
    I don't know.

You will find someone eventually if you want to cat up girls when your out make sure you are merry drunk and not falling about the place because when you usually get a slap from my experience anyway .
    If you are worried about what pictures to put up you should ask a female friends opinion i did and it has worked wonders for me . I also got her to fill out my profile too

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dude, that's your right hand defeatism talking. Just keep going, one step after another, and you should get have some luck eventually.

Yep good advice all.
    Thanks.
    I might try the chatting thing if I'm out at the weekend and can work up the courage.
    Sure theres worse things in life than rejection anyway.

• Advertisement

ok ok - this is just my view on why you might not get replies and why not to take it personally.

Firstly; dont just put up any old pic. Dont have a huge pic of just your face staring into your mobile phone. Smile, have your eyes open, be clean and tidy looking, have the background free from clutter and mess. People get first impressions from even the background in your pic. Not every guy should pose with a car or a motorbike - why would that impress a woman - maybe impress a guy alright!! Dont pose with another female - or surrounded by booze. Dont pull silly faces or stick out your tongue. Smile - genuinely. Also say something original and interesting in your profile. Then when you send a message ask something relevant - i.e. read the girls profile and ask her something about it. If you are serious about meeting someone then be interested in them. Ask for a coffee within a week of chatting. Its not Facebook. Finally dont take things personally. Chemistry and what we find physically attractive differs from person to person. If someone doesnt like what you look like they're not being mean or fussy - its just preference and would happen in a club or pub just as easily. OK! Hang in and please please work on the photos a bit! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement