Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

Maybe Sunday, got a friend's birthday party tomorrow night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

A lot use POF, or OKC, along with a number of other pay versions ..

Now ladies and gent's it's friday... let's see a show of hands, we've all been quite .. a little too quiet also ... who's date's this weekend ..

Me, got one on Sunday. Going to meet up and watch the Dublin v's Meath match :)
    Only chatting a few days and we spoke on the phone yesterday for a few mins and he sounds really ncie so fingers crossed, and he only lives close too which would be handy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Larianne wrote: »
    Is this a first date or have you met her before?

First Date that's all i'm saying for the moment ;)

Seems the ladies are in the lead this weekend when it comes to date's ... come on guys ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Just had a previous date check out my profile, *moves gently along*! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

the_syco wrote: »
    Got message :D

BBW? Erm, no :(

Seems I'm attracting a few large women, but no idea why. Ah well.

I laughed :pac:

Sorry.

Keep the faith!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Got a date for tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

Messaging this really interesting guy and it's been a couple of days of back and forth mails, I suggest meeting up for a drink and he simply writes back "No".

Jesus I'm not that bad!!!!

miaowsky wrote: »
    Messaging this really interesting guy and it's been a couple of days of back and forth mails, I suggest meeting up for a drink and he simply writes back "No".

Wow .. that's some reply tho ! you've clearly missed out there miaowsky

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

Wow .. that's some reply tho ! you've clearly missed out there miaowsky

Charming right?! Haha that'll learn me....thinking I can ask a guy out. Cheek!!

• Advertisement

Ah that doesn't seem fair at all. Just "no", sounds really ignorant...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Charming right?! Haha that'll learn me....thinking I can ask a guy out. Cheek!!

Dont even bother replying to that and dont contact him again. I wouldnt even entertain that.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

Ouch... perhaps give him the benefit of the doubt and allow him to make contact with you and explain - But dont contact him unless he has a good reason for this one word response.

He may have hit send before finishing and hasn't realised it yet... ??? Ah the naivety of it all.... I'm just hoping that there isn't someone out there who is that flippant!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

:eek: That's a bit harsh.

Though I had a bit of an awkward situation earlier this week. Was chatting to a really nice guy, he had a few pictures on his profile, looked good. He suggested meeting up, I agreed. So we swapped numbers and he said he'd send me another couple of pictures so I could "check out the goods". Let's just say the POF pictures were kind to him, and he did not look like that AT ALL anymore.

Clearly the thing to do here would be to send him naked pictures... then block him !!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

That's just plain ignorant! I'd say block him and move on

I just checked out a profile of a girl I went on a date with not last summer, but the previous summer, we got on really well, I regret that I didn't make more of an effort with her, basically it came down to the end of the night and I didn't go to kiss her, and I think that really pissed her off. We got on great, I mean just really well, she said I was exactly the type she goes for and I thought she was drop dead gorgeous looking! We couldn't stop talking all night and just got on really well, we'd loads in common and really seemed to fancy each other. In fairness to myself, even though I'd been single a year, I was really new to dating and hadn't got a clue, as I'd been in a long term relationship previously. Watching me on the dating at the scene back then (I can't really say it's much better now!), was like watching a hapless dog that had escaped from the pound, trying to cross both lanes of the M50!

I mailed her since but I don't really think she was having much of it, which is a pity 'cos we got on great and we are both clearly still single! I did try to meet her again, but even though she would mail me back when I mailed her to say hi, once I tried to explain myself with regard to our first date, I just got silence.

So lads and ladies, be careful if you actually meet someone you get on with and find that all elusive chemistry with, 'cos ye don't always get a second chance! ;)

214002.jpg

Yeay! :D:D:D

214002.jpg

Lol did you just undo you're previous statment !!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Novella wrote: »
    Though I had a bit of an awkward situation earlier this week. Was chatting to a really nice guy, he had a few pictures on his profile, looked good. He suggested meeting up, I agreed. So we swapped numbers and he said he'd send me another couple of pictures so I could "check out the goods". Let's just say the POF pictures were kind to him, and he did not look like that AT ALL anymore.

Oh FFS! I hope you told him to bog off.
    214002.jpg

Hope it ain't an POF event invite! jk.

July is a crap time to OD. Everyone is on holliers. Been chatting to 4 nice guys and all are away till next week. Boo. :( :pac:

• Advertisement

Lol did you just undo you're previous statment !!

Nah, I wouldn't be that lucky!

I mailed her since but I don't really think she was having much of it, which is a pity 'cos we got on great and we are both clearly still single! I did try to meet her again, but even though she would mail me back when I mailed her to say hi, once I tried to explain myself with regard to our first date, I just got silence.

So lads and ladies, be careful if you actually meet someone you get on with and find that all elusive chemistry with, 'cos ye don't always get a second chance! ;)

Ah, ain't that the truth.

Not much consolation I know, but I've been in that situation myself, via POF.

Disappointment doesn't even come close to it.

It's her loss, though.

Seriously.

Larianne wrote: »
    Oh FFS! I hope you told him to bog off.

:pac: :pac: :pac:

Too fecking right!

Ah, ain't that the truth.

Not much consolation I know, but I've been in that situation myself, via POF.

Disappointment doesn't even come close to it.

It's her loss, though.

Seriously.

Ah I'm not hugely disappointed, it's just rare you meet someone that you have the chemistry with and we defo had loads of it, but sure that's life as the man says...

Ah I'm not hugely disappointed, it's just rare you meet someone that you have the chemistry with and we defo had loads of it, but sure that's life as the man says...

Pretty frustrating alright, :(:(:(

I met a guy about four weeks ago, we had a few dates, we got on brilliantly, he was lovely, he invited me round to his place to watch a movie, and everything fell apart. I didn't know what to think. He text me finally to apologise! Now I really don't know what to think! I believe in second chances but man, that kinda hurt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I met a guy about four weeks ago, we had a few dates, we got on brilliantly, he was lovely, he invited me round to his place to watch a movie, and everything fell apart. I didn't know what to think. He text me finally to apologise! Now I really don't know what to think! I believe in second chances but man, that kinda hurt!

How did things fall apart?

Samich wrote: »
    How did things fall apart?

Without saying too much, cause you never know who's on boards, everything was going fine till suddenly he turned a bit odd, acted as if I wasn't there, and then threw me out around 11, and then never replied to my emails. His apology was accepted and welcome, everyone has headspace moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Without saying too much, cause you never know who's on boards, everything was going fine till suddenly he turned a bit odd, acted as if I wasn't there, and then threw me out around 11, and then never replied to my emails. His apology was accepted and welcome, everyone has headspace moments.

Hmmm wonder what was up then? :/

Did he act odd from the moment you got there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

That is really weird.....do you think he deserves a second chance?

Im a little unsure about my date tomorrow. I dont think he is too impressed with me at the moment. We said we would meet in the morning and do stuff all day but he wanted me to wear heels because he has a thing for them but i said i wont id would be very uncomfortable wearing massive heels all day and then he got really weird and goes oh sure meet me at 2 and we'll hang out for a bit!
    :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement