Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

He text back asking why!!

I said it to him that i didnt like the fact that he acted like a child when i said i wouldnt wear the heels and i said that i dont think we should meet up at all because i am uncomfortable with it.

"I really liked you, but now it seems you were messing me around the whole time"

A classic attempt at trying to reverse the blame, since when did people have to give an explanation as to why they don't want to continue with a date? Big mistake even getting into a dialogue with him on why you wanted to cancel...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

I would message him "Tell whichever friend of yours that dared you to ask me to wear heels for you that i'm no longer interested. Best of luck. Bye!"

6a00d8345171ef69e2016764b0627b970b-800wi

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

"I really liked the idea of hooking up with you, but now it seems you were messing me around the whole time have me sussed."

FYP.

He's playing mind games (poor ones at that too), trying to make you feel sorry for him. Best move on and forget him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Galvasean wrote: »
    FYP.

He's playing mind games (poor ones at that too), trying to make you feel sorry for him. Best move on and forget him.

Its a good thing im very cynical and don't fall for that BS!

Dodged a bullet!!

Thanks Guys!! Ye said what i didn't want to admit to myself!

might block his number just incase :o

and its me off online dating :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

and its me off online dating :)

Damn creeps! Be scarin' all the nice peeps away!

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    Damn creeps! Be scarin' all the nice peeps away!

I wouldnt mind but he is truely the first "nice guy" that tuned out to be the biggest weirdo and creep alive!! Other than that there have been nice guys like!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I laughed :pac:

Sorry.

Keep the faith!
    HAHAHA! Bastárd :P No worries.

Think this weekend will be the usual gaming/drinking, over to a mates to play darts, and then pop in to listen to some tunes in Dublin with another mate.

the_syco wrote: »
    HAHAHA! Bastárd :P No worries.

Think this weekend will be the usual gaming/drinking, over to a mates to play darts, and then pop in to listen to some tunes in Dublin with another mate.

I just went down to the Spar to try to load 20 Euro onto my pre-paid Visa card for some online Paddy Power Poker, and the Spar closes at 9! Argh! To think that I could be out on a date if fate had been kinder to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Have been using pof myself again lately with decent enough results.Im getting a decent number of new messages and replies,have had dates with 4 or 5 different girls and am having a second date tomorrow night with a smokin hottie I met for a pint during the week.

Necronos wrote: »
    Have been using pof myself again lately with decent enough results.Im getting a decent number of new messages and replies,have had dates with 4 or 5 different girls and am having a second date tomorrow night with a smokin hottie I met for a pint during the week.

You sir, are what one might call 'a player'. :)

Either that or you're Brad Pitt's double. Good work, fella!

• Advertisement

He text back asking why!!

I said it to him that i didnt like the fact that he acted like a child when i said i wouldnt wear the heels and i said that i dont think we should meet up at all because i am uncomfortable with it.

"I really liked you, but now it seems you were messing me around the whole time"

Oh I get that crap too, from guys my age (31), then "I like you more than you like me" - um yeah if you say so, then sorry, it's gonna come true.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

He's amazeballs is what he is.
    So I've a date with a 36 year old. Finally live out the dream of going on a date with someone 8 years older. Ara, she's caught my attention, I'm going with my instinct on this one!

Oh I get that crap too, from guys my age (31), then "I like you more than you like me" - um yeah if you say so, then sorry, it's gonna come true.

He sent me a lovely final message.... "i really liked you, now you can go to hell for wasting my time!!!" :rolleyes:

good thing i have a thick skin and dont let things get to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

Without saying too much, cause you never know who's on boards, everything was going fine till suddenly he turned a bit odd, acted as if I wasn't there, and then threw me out around 11, and then never replied to my emails. His apology was accepted and welcome, everyone has headspace moments.

That is really weird.....do you think he deserves a second chance?

Im a little unsure about my date tomorrow. I dont think he is too impressed with me at the moment. We said we would meet in the morning and do stuff all day but he wanted me to wear heels because he has a thing for them but i said i wont id would be very uncomfortable wearing massive heels all day and then he got really weird and goes oh sure meet me at 2 and we'll hang out for a bit!
    :confused:

Mmm sounds like a bloke I met of Pof recently. Was all about high heels and wanted a relationship. Turns out wasnt really into the latter.

He sent me a lovely final message.... "i really liked you, now you can go to hell for wasting my time!!!" :rolleyes:

It's certainly good you have a thick skin, but other girls he will inevitably target may get upset by the same creepy approach.

You really should report him to POF and highlight his quote. Then block him.

It's certainly good you have a thick skin, but other girls he will inevitably target may get upset by the same creepy approach.

You really should report him to POF and highlight his quote. Then block him.

It wasnt pof it was OKC i have never had a problem with that site before til i met him! He is gone now! Deleted the account...probably be doing the same! The only reason im on it now is to keep in touch with a friend i made :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

Goes to show what his intentions were alright after sending a stinker like that

Goes to show what his intentions were alright after sending a stinker like that

I know!! First weirdo i met off it and it has turned me off online dating for a while! Every other guy i met had been perfectly lovely :)

Ah well!! Im not cut up about it so all is well! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hah,I can assure you,im neither!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Larianne wrote: »
    Oh FFS! I hope you told him to bog off.

To be honest, he asked me what I thought after he sent the pictures and I admitted I didn't think he looked the same as on POF and it wasn't what I was expecting him to look like at all and he pretty much told me to fuck off! Well, that's exactly what he told me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Does anybody have any success stories with online dating? All these stories of creeps and time wasters is really turning me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Does anybody have any success stories with online dating? All these stories of creeps and time wasters is really turning me off.

Much of the problem may be the people who have had success are off enjoying thier new parner the people who have not are moaning on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Did a quick search myself last night on POF and sent out one or two mails. Kinda felt like slim pickings in a way, no new girls popped up on the search. I'm still thinking about axing the profile. I don't really want to go onto a pay site though so perhaps a completely break is in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I deleted my profile about two months ago and it feels great not to be on it. When I did have a profile it felt like I was " putting myself out there" 24/7.
    I'm still single but actually doesn't bother me as much now. I hated logging in after another failed date and became so
    Sceptical of it.
    For some it works, for others it doesn't and for me it definitely doesn't

Think I'll be taking a rain check on pof as well, I don't believe that anything you try in life should annoy you as much as this website.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

Raises hand :-) still read this thread occasionally, but have been going out with the most wonderful girl for 9 months now and we met on PoF :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

High Five.
    Panthro wrote: »
    He's amazeballs is what he is.
    So I've a date with a 36 year old. Finally live out the dream of going on a date with someone 8 years older. Ara, she's caught my attention, I'm going with my instinct on this one!

High Five.
    Novella wrote: »
    To be honest, he asked me what I thought after he sent the pictures and I admitted I didn't think he looked the same as on POF and it wasn't what I was expecting him to look like at all and he pretty much told me to fuck off! Well, that's exactly what he told me.

haha. He was caught out rapid! Jeez, what is the story with some people on the site.

There's definitely been a few on this thread and also I introduced my friend to POF last year and her relationship is still going strong! :) It does happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

miaowsky wrote: »
    Messaging this really interesting guy and it's been a couple of days of back and forth mails, I suggest meeting up for a drink and he simply writes back "No".

Jesus I'm not that bad!!!!

What a tosser!

This is why I'll never use plenty of fish again, too many ****ing timewasters!

His loss, move on (to a different site also!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Theres lots of success story's. You have to put effort into it as well.
    I went out with a guy for a year from pof. Went out with a guy from boards as well. Then joined pof again, Went on loads of dates, 5 in one week, so i was slightly confused by the end of it :D
    Now im in a relationship from pof with a really nice guy, and its going great.
    Yes there are timewasters, but its like any relationship. Ups and downs.

• Advertisement

Can anyone recommend a better alternative to POF?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement