Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

andreac wrote: »
    Had a date today with a guy from POF, we went to watch the Dublin Meath game in a pub halfway between each other.

It went very well, lovely guy, really easy to get on with and we had a great laugh, even a cheeky kiss at the end :p

Looks like we'll be seeing each other again, so its all good, and he lives close which is great!!

Don't suppose he has a single sister?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

What's a mender?

I know what the answer will be, "well she then must not like the look of you", again I'm not going to be accused of being arrogant but I do not believe myself to be an unattractive person, if anything, I get the opposite comments made at me by friends and family which drive me f*cking mad at this stage, "how are you still single, you're a handsome bast*rd", etc.

Sorry of people will think I'm being an arrogant príck saying that, but I'm just trying to belie the notion that emerged earlier that I'm a Quazi Moto type bloke who was trying to mail women who were, "out of your league", whatever that's meant to mean...

Well if its not your looks then judging by the highlighted part might suggest its your personality our

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Don't suppose he has a single sister?:cool:

Ha ha, no he only has 3 brothers, no sisters.

gilmour wrote: »
    Well if its not your looks then judging by the highlighted part might suggest its your personality our

I can't understand what you are saying... Your post above doesn't make a bit of sense.

Anyway, can we drop the analysis of my views?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

What's a mender?

How this can possibly be ascertained to any extent, without having any dialogue whatsoever with a person is a bit of a mystery to me, particularly where two profiles claim to have strong interests in the same thing.

I know what the answer will be, "well she then must not like the look of you", again I'm not going to be accused of being arrogant but I do not believe myself to be an unattractive person, if anything, I get the opposite comments made at me by friends and family which drive me f*cking mad at this stage, "how are you still single, you're a handsome bast*rd", etc.

Sorry if people will think I'm being an arrogant príck saying that, but I'm just trying to belie the notion that emerged earlier that I'm a Quazi Moto type bloke who was trying to mail women who were, "out of your league", whatever that's meant to mean...

I meant to type 'member'.

I got email for guys who thought we were suited but I didn't. Some were too old or too you, some lived too far away, some wanted different things, some smoked, some sent very poorly written email, one guy looked incredibly grumpy, some I wouldn't have been attracted to etc. I really think not getting a reply can be for any reason and it's not about look in a lot of cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I can't understand what you are saying... Your post above doesn't make a bit of sense.

You're deliberately nitpicking at moods grammar I think is what they were referring to.

I have sympathy for you but the fact is just because you send a mail does not mean you are entitled to a reply, sucks sometimes but that's life I guess.

You're deliberately nitpicking at moods grammar I think is what they were referring to.

I have sympathy for you but the fact is just because you send a mail does not mean you are entitled to a reply, sucks sometimes but that's life I guess.

I'm not knitpicking at anyone's grammar, I genuinely couldn't understand the sentence, I never ever said I was entitled to a reply and I've now asked for the psychoanalysis on my views to stop, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Met a girl from OKC last night, she was cute, funny and interesting looking like we are going to meet up again as well.

Aranged date #2 for tomorrow, but still deciding on a venue thinking of a good gasto pub style place we did regular pub for first date and dont want formal dinner stage yet. Got 2 or 3 places in mind but open to suggestion if anyone has recomendations (Dublin city based).

Seems a nice girl be interesting to see how I manage to make a balls of it this time.

I'm not knitpicking at anyone's grammar, I genuinely couldn't understand the sentence, I never ever said I was entitled to a reply and I've now asked for the psychoanalysis on my views to stop, thanks.

Well, in that case sorry for assuming you were! Read a little like you were being a grammar Nazi. ...Which proves just how confusing the online world can get eh? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

that's enough please and thanks

Cheers

DrG

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Aranged date #2 for tomorrow, but still deciding on a venue thinking of a good gasto pub style place we did regular pub for first date and dont want formal dinner stage yet. Got 2 or 3 places in mind but open to suggestion if anyone has recomendations (Dublin city based).

Seems a nice girl be interesting to see how I manage to make a balls of it this time.

What about tapas? I went to a very nice wine bar on Friday night - Baggots Hutton on South William Street. Tables were a tad too close together but I couldn't see it being busy on a Monday and the wine was very nice and the tapas looked (and smelt) amazing.

Where do you have in mind to go?

And don't be thinking negatively and that you'll balls it up. If you have that mindset when going on your date, you're more than likely will make a balls of it! :pac:

Larianne wrote: »
    What about tapas? I went to a very nice wine bar on Friday night - Baggots Hutton on South William Street. Tables were a tad too close together but I couldn't see it being busy on a Monday and the wine was very nice and the tapas looked (and smelt) amazing.

Where do you have in mind to go?

And don't be thinking negatively and that you'll balls it up. If you have that mindset when going on your date, you're more than likely will make a balls of it! :pac:

Well im only joking with the negativity thing, tapas is an interesting choice but the ones ive been to previously were quite dark and designed to be romantic I was thinking something more casual for 2nd date before you get to the romantic dinner stage. Might be a good idea if it gets to a 3rd one though.

Ive been to Aginst the Grain who do decent pub food so was considering their sister place the black sheep or maybe the bull and castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'd go with the Bull and Castle myself.

Have fun and let us know how it went. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Date numero two couldn't have gone any better,we spent about 7 hours in eachothers company and it absolutely flew by.She is smart,funny and is gorgeous too so im happy with how it's progressing.

Goin for dinner and a movie Thursday with her as our schedules don't allow a meet up before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Samich wrote: »
    Is that a metaphor? ;)

Only getting back to this now ...

Isnt everything i say a metaphor ... ? or an analogy, or some form of inuendo.

Truth be told, i'm going to disable my pof profile.. which reminds me ... didnt Sarah say she had a date friday night..

Sarah how did you get on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Count me as a +1 for people jaded with online dating, was looking at one of the photo threads in one of the other forums here and saw a pic of a guy whom I reported for having fake pics on his profile (he'd tried to email the real ones later when it looked like we might meet up...).

Got curious and did a search on his posts - found out he posts in this thread a lot and goes on about honesty... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

Online dating is like the weather,sometimes they're hot,more are very cold,some too young more too old.

Some people make a career out of being gorgeous,they get around 5 dinner dates a week.

Can you imagine how much that saves the price of groceries.
    From the fairy liquid to food shopping.
    And a free lift home after,because they're worth it lol

Pure classy burds on POF

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I juts discovered that POF doesn't save a whole message conversation history in the IN box ... is that the same for your guys ? It has rightly screwed up a communication I was having.

EDIT ...... I just discovered that the iPhone app DOES retain the full conversation ! strange ....

Piliger wrote: »
    I juts discovered that POF doesn't save a whole message conversation history in the IN box ... is that the same for your guys ? It has rightly screwed up a communication I was having.

Did you click on the more messages button?

• Advertisement

Piliger wrote: »

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, next to the reply box (under the block user thing), and click on the link that says view more messages. :)

Did you click on the more messages button?

I go into the IN box and click on the "View Message" link. Comms with two ladies have been shortened.

Note - I edited the original message above ... my iPhone app shows the full thread thank goodness ;) but I was surprised. I reloaded the page ... no change.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, next to the reply box (under the block user thing), and click on the link that says view more messages. :)

Ahhhhhhh .... FFS where is the logic in THAT ????? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

Only getting back to this now ...

Isnt everything i say a metaphor ... ? or an analogy, or some form of inuendo.

Truth be told, i'm going to disable my pof profile.. which reminds me ... didnt Sarah say she had a date friday night..

Sarah how did you get on ?

I did indeed. The date went very well. He was the perfect gent. He brought me for drinks in town. He picked the pub and the atmosphere was perfect. The conversation never stalled and we seemed to really click. There was a kiss in there too. :)

We've been in contact for the weekend and are working out another date. All in all I'm happy. Taking it slow.

On another note, nice to see some positive date two stories today. Seems like things are looking up for us folk here!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

mood wrote: »
    I think it is ridiculous to assume someone is not relationship material just because their longest relationship only lasted a year.

6 months :o

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Badhb

So, spent a couple of weeks sending messages every second day to this fella, who seemed great, no dodgy inuendoes nor wanting to engage in sex chat via im.
    Got to the stage where I told him my real name and part of dublin I lived in. Bam! Profile of said fella deleted from site. It seems that there is no chance that we know each other. And his profile is gone from the whole site.

Not good. Fair enough if he had met someone else, and decided to remove his profile, but surely after a couple of weeks of engaging in conversation with me and at the point where I released real name he could have just let me know that he was deleting profile??

I'm of course assuming he met someone, and wanted to go forward with that person and fair play if so, surely it would have just have been manners to let me know rather than to lead me along for a couple of weeks and then ...deleted profile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Badhb wrote: »
    So, spent a couple of weeks sending messages every second day to this fella, who seemed great, no dodgy inuendoes nor wanting to engage in sex chat via im.
    Got to the stage where I told him my real name and part of dublin I lived in. Bam! Profile of said fella deleted from site. It seems that there is no chance that we know each other. And his profile is gone from the whole site.

Not good. Fair enough if he had met someone else, and decided to remove his profile, but surely after a couple of weeks of engaging in conversation with me and at the point where I released real name he could have just let me know that he was deleting profile??

I'm of course assuming he met someone, and wanted to go forward with that person and fair play if so, surely it would have just have been manners to let me know rather than to lead me along for a couple of weeks and then ...deleted profile?

Had fake pics maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Badhb

Samich wrote: »
    Had fake pics maybe?

Nope smarty pants, they were genuine.

Even if they were fake,which I have just said they were real, had you read my post properly you would have seen we didnt event make the first meet up date.

Badhb wrote: »

I deleted my profile today and it didn't occur to me to go back mailing anyone I had been yapping with, to explain my rationale to them. To do so would have probably appeared like I was hoping I'd be talked out of it on some childish level, akin to talking about throwing your toys out of the pram as opposed to making a decision that POF just isn't for everyone and sticking to the decision that was made. If you're talking to some one and you haven't swopped numbers or even met or discussed meeting up, it's a bit difficult to see the offence to be honest with you, in my opinion anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Just out of curiousity, what is peoples opinions on profiles with no pictures?
    A big no no?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement