Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

ok so I finally got a profile up, its not great, but its a start.
    on okc what kind of percentage do you want before you message someone? or does it really matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

kiddums wrote: »
    ok so I finally got a profile up, its not great, but its a start.
    on okc what kind of percentage do you want before you message someone? or does it really matter?

The more info you have up the more the have to go on, however ! dont over load it with info, keep it clear and to the point ..

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Well I work for myself and work crazy hours, including the weekend, but having said that, you make time for a date if you want to go on one I think. But I think it would be ultimately self defeating to be married, planning to cheat and have a profile with a pic up on POF, Ireland is just too small a place for that I think, you'd get caught within a few weeks!

Yeah I'm not sure the pics were real either. They were from a distance and I asked him some questions about where they were taken etc and those were never answered. Again could be my cynical side!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

andreac wrote: »
    For me i prefer to meet up withing a few days. I hate dragging out conversations for weeks. Prefer to have a chat for a couple of days then meet up.

Ditto. You can only learn so much from back n' forth emails. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and see how you mix in the flesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I'm leaning towards suspending my profile on POF. It just seems to be the same girls on there at the moment and very few who are grabbing my interest. For one's who complain about guys copying and pasting email messages to send to a wide audience, I'd swear a lot of girls on that just copy and paste someone else's profile text and only change a few words. But then, I don't read guys profiles so perhaps they're the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Okay so, I've just opened an account with OKC. Fine-tuning it at the moment :)

Hopefully an irresistable work-in-progress!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Date 3 tomorrow evening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Lads, if a girl describes herself as "full-figured" on her profile what do you take this to mean?

It also states that she's 5'10"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Gekko wrote: »
    Lads, if a girl describes herself as "full-figured" on her profile what do you take this to mean?

She isn't missing any limbs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

2nd date with girl from OKC went pretty well its nice when hours pass without you noticing

• Advertisement

How about "generously proportioned"?

Unless you have a thing for the larger lady I'd, how can I put this... tread with caution!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Be very careful because so many people seem to lie about appearance to make them more attractive but if yous get along then well then it shouldn't really matter that much .
    I have gone out with 2 absoulutes stunners and I have to say I was bored solid because they had nothing but air in their heads so i know I prefer personality more now then ever .

Be very careful because so many people seem to lie about appearance to make them more attractive but if yous get along then well then it shouldn't really matter that much .
    I have gone out with 2 absoulutes stunners and I have to say I was bored solid because they had nothing but air in their heads so i know I prefer personality more now then ever .

Seems us cavan men all thing the same ;) altho luckily my current dating partner both has the looks and the brains ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I was about to give up again and jack it in (can you see a pattern emerging ?? :pac:) when I finally got a reply from a girl who is totally my type.

Fingers crossed :)

<
    Just noticed, lucky number 7 :)

The thought occured to me, that, now I'm on the wrong side of 40 :eek: I wish OD was in vogue to the same extent a decade ago. Perhaps I'd have had more luck than right now.

However, not to be deterred, I shall carry on!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Had my second date tonight but I'm just not feeling it. I'm bit disappointed as he's a lovely guy and we get on well but just no physical chemistry really. We did have a quick kiss but didn't get much from it. God it's so hard to get it all right isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Back from a second date. Lovely guy. Had a quick kiss. There is talk of a third date so we'll see!
    I totally understand you andreac. It's really hard to find all you're looking for in one person.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

ladylost wrote: »
    Back from a second date. Lovely guy. Had a quick kiss. There is talk of a third date so we'll see!
    I totally understand you andreac. It's really hard to find all you're looking for in one person.

Congrats ladylost. :)

Hope it all turns out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

It's really hard to find all you're looking for in one person.

That's where polygamy comes in.

Hmm, what's with girls seemingly going out of their way to tell me they have other dates lined up? An attempt to get me to step up my game or just a means to drive me to the depths of paranoia?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Galvasean wrote: »

Hmm, what's with girls seemingly going out of their way to tell me they have other dates lined up? An attempt to get me to step up my game or just a means to drive me to the depths of paranoia?

Jesus thats abit much telling you they have other dates but they maybe only see you as a friend but you might be right she could be trying to get you to kick it up a gear its hard to say .
    I just got sent a link to a profile my god it was purely shocking , 20 years old 3 kids that are in care and has been on the Jeremy kyle show . She needs to cop on big time !!! I wonder what sort of person would even think about mailing her .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,031 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Jesus thats abit much telling you they have other dates but they maybe only see you as a friend but you might be right she could be trying to get you to kick it up a gear its hard to say .
    I just got sent a link to a profile my god it was purely shocking , 20 years old 3 kids that are in care and has been on the Jeremy kyle show . She needs to cop on big time !!! I wonder what sort of person would even think about mailing her .

Someone who also wants to be on Jeremy Kyle?

I should be able to finally start using POF in the next couple weeks, since I'll have my weekends free again after the long weekend. I've been signed up and viewing profiles.

God it's so hard to get it all right isn't it?
    It's really hard to find all you're looking for in one person.

Ladies i have the solution for you both ...

But in all fairness, people see different things in different people, and while your date's may not tick every box immediately it's important to at least give them a chance to prove they are worth a relationship.

Step up your game brah ! they are trying to rattle you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I think I'm giving POF until the weekend and then I'm going to suspend the account. The girl I want to mail me back hasn't so either she hasn't been online, or she has and is ignoring me. Either way, I'm not waiting around forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ladies i have the solution for you both ...

But in all fairness, people see different things in different people, and while your date's may not tick every box immediately it's important to at least give them a chance to prove they are worth a relationship.

Step up your game brah ! they are trying to rattle you....

To be honest, if im not feeling it after two dates then i dont think its going to work.
    I usually feel chemistry with someone straight away. I didnt get that feeling when i kissed him, twice, so i dont see the point in it going any further.

I went on the second date as hes a really nice guy and we got on very well and im quite disappointed theres nothing physically there but if its not there you cant force it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

That sounds like an incredibly childish thing to do and if there is I suppose you could call it, "etiquette", associated with internet dating, I think mentioning other potential future dates on a present date is just asking for someone to go completely off you before they have even gotten the chance to get to know you at all and terribly poor manners & "etiquette".

I'm not big into "etiquette" by the way, I just can't think of another way of describing such bad manners, at this hour of the morning anyway.

To be honest, if im not feeling it after two dates then i dont think its going to work.
    I usually feel chemistry with someone straight away. I didnt get that feeling when i kissed him, twice, so i dont see the point in it going any further.

I went on the second date as hes a really nice guy and we got on very well and im quite disappointed theres nothing physically there but if its not there you cant force it :(

I do agree with you !!! if there's nothing there period then there's nothing there...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Maybe they are just being honest and don't want you to think it's more than it is. Having said that it is tackless and your date is probably not going to go great because of you knowing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

mood wrote: »
    Maybe they are just being honest and don't want you to think it's more than it is. Having said that it is tackless and your date is probably not going to go great because of you knowing this.

Have to say, it's the kind of thing, that if a guy was to do it, (start mentioning future dates while on a date), you wouldn't be a bit surprised if the girl got up and walked out on you. If either party are discussing their next date(s), I think it's that moment where you politely say there is nothing to be achieved by continuing the "date" and agreeing to leave it at that and depart company because at that stage you are probably just starting to p*ss each other off.

This is where I genuinely think that shared interests and maybe a common perspective on some things, that can emerge even after a bit of online chatting before you meet, can really carry the day on a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Have to say, it's the kind of thing, that if a guy was to do it, (start mentioning future dates while on a date), you wouldn't be a bit surprised if the girl got up and walked out on you. If either party are discussing their next date(s), I think it's that moment where you politely say there is nothing to be achieved by continuing the "date" and agreeing to leave it at that and depart company because at that stage you are probably just starting to p*ss each other off.

This is where I genuinely think that shared interests and maybe a common perspective on some things, that can emerge even after a bit of online chatting before you meet, can really carry the day on a date.

Well if I was on a date and a guy on talking bout all the dates he has lined up I wouldn't just walk out. I would make my excuses after 15 mins and leave. Storming out would be a bit OTT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

It's that they are not that into you.

I know if I was interested in meeting up with someone or on a date with someone who interested me, I wouldn't be thinking of other dates let alone mention it to the guy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement