Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

andreac wrote: »
    Yeah thats just the jist of it but think ill say what Larianne said, thats nice.

Suppose theres no easy way to tell someone you dont fancy them,lol. :o

It's not you it's me ? i think we should see other people ... it's been fun but you're not he right person for me .. i'm marrying my sister instead ??

Just a few .. that may bring an end to the conversation quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Larianne wrote: »
    Send it now. Don't leave the poor guy hanging. All that has to be said is "I've enjoyed your company but I don't feel we'd work out romantically. Best of luck with the dating". As an adult, he should be able to handle that. If not, well screw him.

I have a date Friday.

I think people should remember, when they are letting the other person know, that it could well be them in a week's time on the receiving end and feeling deflated about it too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Piliger wrote: »
    I think people should remember, when they are letting the other person know, that it could well be them in a week's time on the receiving end and feeling deflated about it too :rolleyes:

Don't really understand the rolledeyes there? What you've stated above is why someone should let the date know as soon as possible and in a decent way.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

miaowsky wrote: »
    Most importantly, he has absolutely no business to be winking at me in the gym!!
    I'm on OKC, Tagged, and PoF. If someone in my gym knows me from one of them; great :D

=-=

andreac: send it today, so he can maybe get a date for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Message sent already. Said what larianne said,which I thought was fine. No reply yet, but he didn't always reply straight away anyway so hopefully he'll be ok about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Message sent already. Said what larianne said,which I thought was fine. No reply yet, but he didn't always reply straight away anyway so hopefully he'll be ok about it.

He'll be grand, life's tough, you gotta take a few knocks before you can keep upright ..

He'll be grand, life's tough, you gotta take a few knocks before you can keep upright ..

Yeah i know, and dont i know it. Ive had my fair share of them from O.D. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

If I was mailing away on a dating site and didn't like someone who contacted me or didn't find them attractive,my usual response is sorry our profiles don't match and I hope you find a good match..
    I think that's fair enough.

If I met someone and didn't really fancy her or get on well...
    I'd gradually turn the conversation into,isn't being single great and I don't know if ill ever settle down I'm happy out :)
    I'm always busy and sure have you any dates set up for the rest of the week....

Northclare wrote: »
    If I was mailing away on a dating site and didn't like someone who contacted me or didn't find them attractive,my usual response is sorry our profiles don't match and I hope you find a good match..

I'd gradually turn the conversation into,isn't being single great and I don't know if ill ever settle down I'm happy out :)
    I'm always busy and sure have you any dates set up for the rest of the week....[/
    QUOTE]

Sorry but thats a cop out in my opinion and i hate to hear that rubbish. If you dont fancy someone you dont fancy someone, end of. Id much rather be told that they werent that into me, than they dont have time etc etc, i hate been made an eejit out of by silly excuses, but thats just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

I'm always busy and sure have you any dates set up for the rest of the week....[/
    QUOTE]

Sorry but thats a cop out in my opinion and i hate to hear that rubbish. If you dont fancy someone you dont fancy someone, end of. Id much rather be told that they werent that into me, than they dont have time etc etc, i hate been made an eejit out of by silly excuses, but thats just me.

+1, that would sound completely ridiculous.

I don't know how anyone could even bring up the topic of other dates when you're on a date with someone else who you've been chatting to, and where you've both taken the time to both meet up with one another. Just seems really weird and disrespectful (actually both to yourself and your date).

• Advertisement

If I want your opinion ill ask for it yeah :)

And Larraine your not so respectful yourself in some of your posts are ya

• Registered Users Posts: 31 gem81

Ok have been chatting to a guy on POF. Seems really nice & thought he was really interested. As I am new to this dont really know how to read someone I have been single for 4 yrs & my previous relationship was 11yrs so a little out of the dating scene.. So chats were all really nice we have exchanged numbers, friends on Facebook he suggested so we could get to kown each other better before meeting up which is fine .. I dont mind that at all - He has said we would defo meet up as I seem very nice & genuine etc. So he has been a bit quiet this week I texted twice just to say hi how are things. Few messages going back & forth. I dont want to always initate contact well it wouldnt bother me if I knew he was really interested said he was in our chats but I just dont know. So to the guy out there if you are interested would you do this or would you text more often email!! Maybe he is not that interested but doesnt want to say. .
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Who's Larraine? :pac:

And you give your opinion on things so don't say "If I want your opinion I'll ask for it".

Ok Samich,

I never once gave a negative opinion or quoted anyone here to insult or criticized their opinion.

I have posted here quite a few times and have always stayed neutral.

But when someone tells me my opinion is rubbish,well that's up to me to respond to....
    I'm not into criticizing people on this thread,but if someone throws that **** at me ill respond :)

Sorry, i didnt mean to offend you personally, but i just think those type of excuses are cop outs in my opinion. Id much rather someone be honest than say that kind of stuff to me.

Not sure who this is aimed at but Larianne hasnt said any disrespectful :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

fo·rum noun /ˈfôrəm/ 
    fora, plural; forums, plural
    1. A place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Let's drop the pettiness here and now please.

No more of it, or this thread will be closed again, only next time, it won't be re-opened

Cheers

DrG

Sorry Larianne

I got mixed up with usernames.

It's just I wouldn't tell someone on this thread their opinion is rubbish.

As were all single and I'm just not really that much of a critic,I wouldn't make a good critic really...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Sooooo anyone have any dates lined up this weekend?

Larianne wrote: »
    Sooooo anyone have any dates lined up this weekend?

Nope :P

None here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I've hidden my account for the time being, fed up with it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 reborn70

newly separated and just hit 40 i'm going to try POF is it really that hard to meet someone I thought there would be loads of women out there...:D
    Maybe not :cool:
    Do you have to use a pic on these sites while i have no concern over my appearance and would be willing to send pic on ...im just afraid of the abuse i'd get if any of the lads at work seen me up on the site

reborn70 wrote: »
    newly separated and just hit 40 i'm going to try POF is it really that hard to meet someone I thought there would be loads of women out there...:D
    Do you have to use a pic on these sites while i have no concern over my appearance and would be willing to send pic on ...im just afraid of the abuse i'd get if any of the lads at work seen me up on the site

I think you can set it up so that unless a person is logged in, they won't be able to see your profile picture. (Open to correction on that one though)

And if you set that up, the only way they will know if your on it or not is if they are on it themselves, in which case you can retaliate with "what the hell are ya doing searching through other lads profiles on POF, unless of course your...ohh right...!":pac:

You can hide your pic and show it to only who you want.

but do you find you get less interest if you don't have it on your profile pic you know what i mean

I'd imagine a profile pic goes a long way to be honest.
    People like to associate a face to a username.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Well they would have to know you are using it first , I wouldn't be too worried about then seeing you because alot of people use online dating . In the next couple of years it will be normal to the majority of people .
    You could as suggested put up your pic as a private one and send it on to anyone you want to get to know better .

• Advertisement

believe i work with in a company with over 1400 someone would see it and if any of the lads got a hold of it i'd never live it down :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement