Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

I'm just going to hire out an ostrich suit ,and a bucket of sand, and stick my head in the bucket for the weekend.....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

He'll be grand, life's tough, you gotta take a few knocks before you can keep upright ..

Why do we fall Bruce?

Chet Zar wrote: »
    andreac wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone could even bring up the topic of other dates when you're on a date with someone else who you've been chatting to, and where you've both taken the time to both meet up with one another. Just seems really weird and disrespectful (actually both to yourself and your date).

I've had this happen to me a couple of times in the past while - not a nice experience. It makes for an awkawrd latté. Those things are expensive, you might as well get to enjoy them!
    Larianne wrote: »
    Sooooo anyone have any dates lined up this weekend?

I have one tomorrow (don't worry, it's not you).
    But riddle me this Batman, I had a date like a week ago which went very well, but the gal went silent on me for a few days so I assumed that was a non-runner. Typically after organizing a date with someone else for tomorrow guess who texts me out of the blue? Typical. Bloody typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

gem81 wrote: »
    Ok have been chatting to a guy on POF. Seems really nice & thought he was really interested. As I am new to this dont really know how to read someone I have been single for 4 yrs & my previous relationship was 11yrs so a little out of the dating scene.. So chats were all really nice we have exchanged numbers, friends on Facebook he suggested so we could get to kown each other better before meeting up which is fine .. I dont mind that at all - He has said we would defo meet up as I seem very nice & genuine etc. So he has been a bit quiet this week I texted twice just to say hi how are things. Few messages going back & forth. I dont want to always initate contact well it wouldnt bother me if I knew he was really interested said he was in our chats but I just dont know. So to the guy out there if you are interested would you do this or would you text more often email!! Maybe he is not that interested but doesnt want to say. .
    thanks

I see nobody took the time to address you so i shall !!

Generally i txt or msg women, why, well i kinda like the chase, plus it's out the whole BS about ohh we met and i've not heard anything yet from him, or her ... one text, replied or no reply ... simples..

Now this guy's gone a bit quiet, so chances are he's got another interested party, which ( and let's be fair ) he's entitled to..

As long as he confirms i dont see any issue, text him, dont text him, give him a few days see what happens ...

Yas i have date no 2 lined up, looking forward to it, we've been in touch pretty much everyday also ..
    Galvasean wrote: »
    But riddle me this Batman, I had a date like a week ago which went very well, but the gal went silent on me for a few days so I assumed that was a non-runner. Typically after organizing a date with someone else for tomorrow guess who texts me out of the blue? Typical. Bloody typical.

Be sure and let her know, you're short on time, you dont have to be a douche and tell her why, just tell her, you're calender's busy, and it's a shame, try and work out a diff date with her ?

Be sure and let her know, you're short on time, you dont have to be a douche and tell her why, just tell her, you're calender's busy, and it's a shame, try and work out a diff date with her ?

Oh there's no clash of days or anything, I just don't like dating multiple people at the same time (it feels too much like I'm judging/comparing them).
    Meh, I texted her back anyhow (because she was very nice when we did meet up) but she didn't even respond. This is happening quite a bit with this particular girl. I honestly think she's just paying me lip service to keep me on her radar so that she can give me another go if something else falls through. Think I'll have to cut her loose. I don't like being someone's backup plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Oh there's no clash of days or anything, I just don't like dating multiple people at the same time (it feels too much like I'm judging/comparing them).
    Meh, I texted her back anyhow (because she was very nice when we did meet up) but she didn't even respond. This is happening quite a bit with this particular girl. I honestly think she's just paying me lip service to keep me on her radar so that she can give me another go if something else falls through. Think I'll have to cut her loose. I don't like being someone's backup plan.

Yeah, cut her loose. Does she always text you on a Thursday?

I now have a date Monday as well as Friday. I think after these two I'm gonna give the whole dating thing a miss for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I ask a girl what sort of lads she likes "I don't have a type" she says.

later on in the convo

"...but you wouldn't be my type"

I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Hi, I'm new to the OD scene. Wouldn't have been something I'd have considered until recently but said I'd give it a shot. Joined POF 3/4 days ago. Have to say its given me some laughs! There's a lot of creeps and weirdos on there, a 55yr old mailed me saying 'hi, I've not met a girl that's been uncomfortable around me'. Seriously was that supposed to be his chat up line? On the plus side a really cute guy messaged me and we chatted past few days, exchanged no's and meeting him Saturday for a drink! I'm so excited, I had plans to go out with friends on Saturday, but he offered to meet me before he starts work! Not telling my friends how we met though. My first ever blind date.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

Samich wrote: »
    I ask a girl what sort of lads she likes "I don't have a type" she says.

later on in the convo

"...but you wouldn't be my type"

I give up.

She's a time-wasting **** mate.

Just stay away from POF period.

Vodkat wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new to the OD scene. Wouldn't have been something I'd have considered until recently but said I'd give it a shot. Joined POF 3/4 days ago. Have to say its given me some laughs! There's a lot of creeps and weirdos on there, a 55yr old mailed me saying 'hi, I've not met a girl that's been uncomfortable around me'. Seriously was that supposed to be his chat up line? On the plus side a really cute guy messaged me and we chatted past few days, exchanged no's and meeting him Saturday for a drink! I'm so excited, I had plans to go out with friends on Saturday, but he offered to meet me before he starts work! Not telling my friends how we met though. My first ever blind date.

You didnt exchange pics ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Seriously, have you not seen a pic of him?

I would never agree to chat to someone let alone meet someone that has no picture up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

You didnt exchange pics ?
    Seriously, have you not seen a pic of him?

I would never agree to chat to someone let alone meet someone that has no picture up.

Guys she said this:
    On the plus side a really cute guy messaged me and we chatted past few days....

So I'm assuming she has seen a pic!!

But she said a blind date so that would mean she hadnt seen him, but maybe she means a date with someone she hasnt met?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

All quiet on the dating front for me. Sent a handful of mails on POF this week but I've mostly been clearing the cobwebs from my email Inbox on the site in order to make space for more cobwebs. Still debating closing the profile this weekend and taking a break and perhaps putting up a few new photo's in a few weeks/months time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

But she said a blind date so that would mean she hadnt seen him, but maybe she means a date with someone she hasnt met?

I think most people just mean someone they haven't met before when they say "blind date".

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I think most people just mean someone they haven't met before when they say "blind date".

You've been maintaing a low profile of late, any news ?

You've been maintaing a low profile of late, any news ?

Was on me holliers for the past 10 days, so hid my POF profile while I was gone. Debating whether or not to bother unhiding it, tbh.

Was on me holliers for the past 10 days, so hid my POF profile while I was gone. Debating whether or not to bother unhiding it, tbh.

ahhh i missed you !! even if nobody else here will say it ..

Last we heard you were down to one, maybe two, post 10 days, are they still on the scene ?

Last we heard you were down to one, maybe two, post 10 days, are they still on the scene ?

One is for definite, and looking to do something tonight. The other is questionable - texting a bit while I was away, but no talk of actually meeting up again. Which is a shame, cause he's the one I really like.

Have another POF-er who asked me out just as I was going away, and asked me to get in touch when I got back, but I just don't know if I could be arsed. I'm getting a bit sick of having the same introductory conversation over and over again.

One is for definite, and looking to do something tonight. The other is questionable - texting a bit while I was away, but no talk of actually meeting up again. Which is a shame, cause he's the one I really like.

Have another POF-er who asked me out just as I was going away, and asked me to get in touch when I got back, but I just don't know if I could be arsed. I'm getting a bit sick of having the same introductory conversation over and over again.

I feel the same, the thoughts of the initial meet ups is kind of getting to me.

If he was texting you while you were away surely taht's a sign that he's still interested?

PS: 'blind date' reminds me of:
    600full-cilla-black.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Date number 3 went brilliantly,she is a really cool woman and we could barely keep our hands off eachother.

We went to see Killer Joe at my suggestion and for anyone that hasn't seen it,I wouldn't describe it as a date movie but she thoroughly enjoyed it.

Date 4 has been set already but alas its not until Sunday week as we are both on holidays over the next week but things are looking good.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

If he was texting you while you were away surely taht's a sign that he's still interested?

Yeah, sounds more like he didn't want to be asking to meet up while you were on your holidays. He'd hardly just be texting for the sake of it.

Good work Necronos. ;)

Yeah, sounds more like he didn't want to be asking to meet up while you were on your holidays. He'd hardly just be texting for the sake of it.

We'll see. I texted him yesterday just saying "Home sweet home." No reply yet. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt til tomorrow.

We'll see. I texted him yesterday just saying "Home sweet home." No reply yet. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt til tomorrow.

No reply yet ... that would annoy me, fair enough i'll wait a few hours, over night even for a reply, i guess it's situation dependant ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

This! I'm going through a phase of cannot be arsed making contact due to the whole process and telling the same intro stories and answering the same questions. Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Logged in to close my account and go figure, I have a mail waiting for me. Reads: "hi" :-)

*closes profile* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

After reading through the messages one of my friends gets on POF I can see why women on POF can be reluctant to message back .

1 . Wats up ya lil wetzer ??
    2 . I'd smash da knacker off ya !!
    3 . Favourite sex position ?? Mines doggy ;)
    4 . 086 - XXXXXXX if you want a good time !!!
    5. So wen ar we goin 2 make babies

That is just an example of some of the messages received , I can see why genuine guys don't even get a look in . She is actually thinking of closing her account which is sad cause she would make one man very happy . Before you ask we are friends and that is all it ever will be .

This! I'm going through a phase of cannot be arsed making contact due to the whole process and telling the same intro stories and answering the same questions. Meh.

Yeah after 3 first dates and a few near misses over the last 2 or 3 weeks it gets grating. It's hard to explain what it is you do again and again with out coming across as bored and/or disinterested.

So, had a date today. Went for lunch. you just know things went exceptionally well when you ask her if she'd like to go for a drink and she says "No" (albeit in a polite way) and offers you a handshake as you depart.
    In fact, looking back on it I get the impression that she was picking my brain for tips on how to make it in the film industry more than anything. Last time I date an actor...
    On the plus side, at least I was in town so treated myself to a nice comic book after (me = cool).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Im SINGLE!! Help me out please :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

I have three, one this evening, one sunday morning and another sunday evening.

All first dates too which is good..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement