Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

After reading through the messages one of my friends gets on POF I can see why women on POF can be reluctant to message back .

1 . Wats up ya lil wetzer ??
    2 . I'd smash da knacker off ya !!
    3 . Favourite sex position ?? Mines doggy ;)
    4 . 086 - XXXXXXX if you want a good time !!!
    5. So wen ar we goin 2 make babies

That is just an example of some of the messages received , I can see why genuine guys don't even get a look in . She is actually thinking of closing her account which is sad cause she would make one man very happy . Before you ask we are friends and that is all it ever will be .

She has her pics up? I'm sure she's an attractive girl, she should try again but without putting her pic up.
    Im SINGLE!! Help me out please :D

Were you not? :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Just as I'm getting ready to get rid of my accounts, I find someone who was described as "the girl you" so let's see what happens there...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Samich wrote: »
    She has her pics up? I'm sure she's an attractive girl, she should try again but without putting her pic up.

I have to say she has the full package looks and brains , she tried that before and all she got was people calling her a fake !!! I told her to stop reporting messages like that and get the fools thrown off . Then it would give us normal guys a better chance :D:D

I have to say she has the full package looks and brains , she tried that before and all she got was people calling her a fake !!! I told her to stop reporting messages like that and get the fools thrown off . Then it would give us normal guys a better chance :D:D

Are her pics taken by her? Should have pics taken with friends.

feylya wrote: »
    Just as I'm getting ready to get rid of my accounts, I find someone who was described as "the girl you" so let's see what happens there...

What does this mean? :P

• Advertisement

What does this mean? :P

Ever watch Bugs Bunny when he put on a dress and lipstick? Yeah...

feylya wrote: »
    Ever watch Bugs Bunny when he put on a dress and lipstick? Yeah...

I'm confused :P You're a guy right? Is this girl a looker then? :pac: Or is she a transexual? :P

I'm confused :P

OK
    You're a guy right?

Correct
    Is this girl a looker then? :pac:

Of course!
    Or is she a transexual? :P

Knowing my luck...

Are her pics taken by her? Should have pics taken with friends.

I am even in one of her photos and it doesn't matter which one or how many she sends in mail she still gets called fake . I told her to leave her profile the way it is and just block and report the fools giving her abuse . But the funny thing is you get to know her and she is not one bit intrested in looks its all about personality . I mean her last bf looked like he was bet with an ugly stick attached to a pitch fork .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I just sent a message to a woman on POF telling her she spelled a word wrong.

How long before she professes her undying love to me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Here's a question, what other "good" sites are there apart from POF and OKC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I just sent a message to a woman on POF telling her she spelled a word wrong.

How long before professes her undying love to me?

Hopefully quicker than me pointing out that you missed a word there? :pac:

Hopefully quicker than me pointing out that you missed a word there? :pac:
    I don't know what you mean... :)

Dammit, too late for a ninja edit.

I am even in one of her photos and it doesn't matter which one or how many she sends in mail she still gets called fake . I told her to leave her profile the way it is and just block and report the fools giving her abuse . But the funny thing is you get to know her and she is not one bit intrested in looks its all about personality . I mean her last bf looked like he was bet with an ugly stick attached to a pitch fork .

She sounds like a catch :-)

Them fellas are missing out sure. :) Why don't you give her and ol' mail ;)

She sounds like a catch :-)

Them fellas are missing out sure. :) Why don't you give her and ol' mail ;)

I can't because we get along great but really have no chemistry at all and i have to say its a shame !! Ah well I hope she does find someone decent and gets plenty of tools banned while in the process :D:D

I can't because we get along great but really have no chemistry at all and i have to say its a shame !! Ah well I hope she does find someone decent and gets plenty of tools banned while in the process :D:D

You should pm me her profile, just to..you know, see if her profile is decent :P

You should pm me her profile, just to..you know, her profile is decent :P

Not with that grammar :P

Fixed now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Im SINGLE!! Help me out please :D

Were you not? :)[/Quote]

No I was with someone for the past few months and it ended today. Found boards to be a great help before when I was single
    .......just can't face getting back onto the online dating scene again, the reality dating never really caught on for me!

You should pm me her profile, just to..you know, her profile is decent :P

Ok how about you PM me her profile and I will send her a grammatically correct message? Deal?

• Advertisement

Ok how about you PM me her profile and I will send her a grammatically correct message?? Deal??
    Not with that overzealous use of the question mark.

Edited appropriately ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I got a date for Monday :)

I got a date for Monday :)

Congrats, all the best with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Deleted my POF profile. Think I'm going to take a break from it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

G-Money wrote: »
    Deleted my POF profile. Think I'm going to take a break from it for a while.

Sometimes the for the best, a change is a good as a rest right ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Sometimes the for the best, a change is a good as a rest right ?

I guess so. Profile/account deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

So after about a week on okc and pof, and a few messages sent, I have 0 replies and 0 profile views.
    Not looking to hopeful.

kiddums wrote: »
    So after about a week on okc and pof, and a few messages sent, I have 0 replies and 0 profile views.
    Not looking to hopeful.
    Are you sure your profiles aren't hidden?

I think it's literally impossible not to at least get profile views.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Bear in mind, POF has an option where you don't appear in the 'viewed me' section. So there is a good chance you have been visited, just by 'invisible' users.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement