Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

That_Guy wrote: »
    Tomorrow. Meeting her for the day. Not sure what we're doing yet.

You should bring her to the Globe after ;)
    Varied wrote: »
    Your post implied that all fussy people are "hiding" from me or another poster.

It was an ignorant statement, ie uninformed.

I think you need to read over the post and the preceding ones again as you have completely misinterpreted it.
    Kind of ironic that you would call me ignorant in this case..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Messaged a girl the last day. She messaged back, and then went to bed and said she'd chat another time.

Mail her today, and no reply. I message again just there and says "sorry babe, got back with my ex"....yeaahhhhhhh. I'd say you did ;)

EDIT: I replied back saying "suuuuuure you did ;) Thanks for being "honest".

And she replies back with this

**** off u freak!!! I did!! Not that u are obliged 2 know any of my business but I did!! I'm just bk from ayia napa since this afternoon n my ex was txting me all the time while I was away! Get over it! Jealousy is an illness!!

And I'm blocked. Hmph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Samich wrote: »
    Messaged a girl the last day. She messaged back, and then went to bed and said she'd chat another time.

Mail her today, and no reply. I message again just there and says "sorry babe, got back with my ex"....yeaahhhhhhh. I'd say you did ;)

**** off u freak!!! I did!! Not that u are obliged 2 know any of my business but I did!! I'm just bk from ayia napa since this afternoon n my ex was txting me all the time while I was away! Get over it! Jealousy is an illness!!

And I'm blocked. Hmph.

Tell her to fcuk off!

Also you were blocked also re: cock blocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ChtuluDawn

And I'm blocked. Hmph.

You bitch when people dont reply to you.You bitch when they do.

You cant have it every way you know.

At least she gave you a reason,whether it was the truth or not,rather than just blanking you.

Reckon I'm about this close to giving up on online dating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Bad idea, avoid going negative or sarcastic if you can. Even if your interaction with someone online is at an end there's no point ending on a sour note even if you're feeling disappointed or messed about.

There are many times when we'd all dearly love to call out someone's crap or poor behaviour but there's really no point. Wish them well and be thankful you dodged a bullet. I mean, just imagine what a relationship with these people would be like. Nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

sharper wrote: »
    Bad idea, avoid going negative or sarcastic if you can. Even if your interaction with someone online is at an end there's no point ending on a sour note even if you're feeling disappointed or messed about.

There are many times when we'd all dearly love to call out someone's crap or poor behaviour but there's really no point. Wish them well and be thankful you dodged a bullet. I mean, just imagine what a relationship with these people would be like. Nightmare.

Very sound advice.
    Not that I always follow it... Good advice nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

ChtuluDawn wrote: »
    You bitch when people dont reply to you.You bitch when they do.

You cant have it every way you know.

At least she gave you a reason,whether it was the truth or not,rather than just blanking you.

Well I'd prefer to be told where I stand. As I have mentioned it clearly on my profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Well I'd prefer to be told where I stand. As I have mentioned it clearly on my profile.

You can't control how other people will behave though, her answer won't be any different whether you confront her about it or not. I would say just write things like that off and move on. Otherwise you'll do your head in. Dating isn't easy, you need a thick skin for it sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That's some sound advice there coco_lola.
    Chalk it down to experience and move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

Don't give up hope!maybe take a break if its wrecking your head but dont rule it out completely.i nearly did and am so glad i didn't as ive been seeing an amazing guy about a month now :) Keep the faith!!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Did something happen or are you just fed up? If you are fed up maybe hide your profile for a while? Or rejig it or new pics?
    Try to keep the faith :)

you wha? wrote: »
    Don't give up hope!maybe take a break if its wrecking your head but dont rule it out completely.i nearly did and am so glad i didn't as ive been seeing an amazing guy about a month now :) Keep the faith!!

Always good to hear good story

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Date #3 went super well. Grafton St. is beautiful when the sun shines :)

Date #4 is organised for Monday. YAY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

The girl who's worrying me a bit from POF text again last night, after 2am, offering to meet up and go for a walk today.

I don't get it. I haven't contacted her in weeks or replied to any of her texts and she texts me at least once or twice a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 CopperPipe

I've been fairly curious about the whole online dating thing for a while now and I decided to take the plunge last night!

I'll keep ye posted on any exploits I might encounter!

Wish me luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

So, I asked her to be my lady friend and she said yes. :)

*deletes POF/Ok Cupid*

*deletes POF/Ok Cupid*

That's brilliant That_Guy... Congrats...another good news story :D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dub5

G-Money wrote: »
    The girl who's worrying me a bit from POF text again last night, after 2am, offering to meet up and go for a walk today.

I don't get it. I haven't contacted her in weeks or replied to any of her texts and she texts me at least once or twice a week.

Is it always late at night, after a few drinks. Drinks and mobile phones are a lethal combination

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dub5

*deletes POF/Ok Cupid*

Ah, thats brilliant. Great to hear of some success.

I was out the other week and recognised one of the guys that went to one of the single nights i organised. He thanked as he met someone at it and been with her for over a month now, he was delighted. I felt a bit like Cilla Black!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

*deletes POF/Ok Cupid*

Yay! That's great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

Hi all,

Deleted my POF profile a month ago but received a text off a girl who had initially canceled a date as she was sick but wanted to meet up. Met up for a coffee date and got on ok - two hours long, casual, nervous, etc. Anyway, she was the first to text that day saying it was lovely meeting me. Now, usually I get 'lovely to meet you but sorry - there's no chemistry'. I replied saying it was lovely to meet her too. Is she giving me the polite shove?

I always believe in giving someone two dates unless they're a complete disaster and one can't know much about a person over a couple of coffees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Hi all,

Deleted my POF profile a month ago but received a text off a girl who had initially canceled a date as she was sick but wanted to meet up. Met up for a coffee date and got on ok - two hours long, casual, nervous, etc. Anyway, she was the first to text that day saying it was lovely meeting me. Now, usually I get 'lovely to meet you but sorry - there's no chemistry'. I replied saying it was lovely to meet her too. Is she giving me the polite shove?

I always believe in giving someone two dates unless they're a complete disaster and one can't know much about a person over a couple of coffees.

follow it up with Lovely to meet you to, hows your weekend been ? engage in the person just saying that is a little cold chit chat texting etc always a good thing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

*deletes POF/Ok Cupid*

Delighted for ya mate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Hi all,

I'd say follow it up and go for a second date.

dub5 wrote: »
    Is it always late at night, after a few drinks. Drinks and mobile phones are a lethal combination

I thought so but she just text again there now asking the same thing.

*deletes POF/Ok Cupid*

Nice one TG, you deserve nothing less :)

Hi all,

Text back and see how it goes. What have you got to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

ladylost wrote: »
    Text back and see how it goes. What have you got to lose.

Already did. No reply

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭chocolatrose

Hey guys and gals,

So I have been an occasional lurker on this thread recently. Just started online dating a week or so ago on pof and to say I am a little overwhelmed would be an understatement so been having the occasional lurk on here to see how the rest of ye work the whole online dating scene..Don't know if I'm cut out for it all but sure i'm giving it a good go.

Have received all sorts of messages but I guess I'm just wondering how ye all manage messaging a good few guys at the same time..I have come across a few nice genuine guys now..but they seem equally as nice interesting and I'm the sort that usually likes to focus in on one at a time but if I do that and it doesn't work I could have lost out on an opportunity to see another great guy. So does it just take some getting used to???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement