Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LEINSTER AVE FAIRVIEW DUBLIN 3

Options
  • 21-05-2012 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am considering moving to this area in July. Can anyone give me some feedback. Is it safe ? Is it safe to park your car there ?
    Have visited at day and night time and all seems in order Any comments on the general area would be most welcome. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Lived there about 6 years ago. Never felt 100% safe there & the wife wouldn't go out by herself after dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Fairview?
    Is that not North Strand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

North Strand is amongst the roughest areas in the city in my opinion. There is a substantial drug and crime problem in this area. It's up there with the likes of Sheriff st, East wall, Summerhill, Parnell st and fairview. Having lived nearby I would never choose to live there again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

North Strand is amongst the roughest areas in the city in my opinion. There is a substantial drug and crime problem in this area. It's up there with the likes of Sheriff st, East wall, Summerhill, Parnell st and fairview. Having lived nearby I would never choose to live there again.

I think you mean Ballybough, the parallel street, or perhaps had a terribly sheltered life.
    North Strand is full of oul' ones like me, admittedly not a hopping metropolis, but then some of us like it like that.

Lived here over 20 years and never had any trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

you should have included pearse street, charlemont street, kevin street and thomas street, among others in your post. just so as to seem not one sided like

op, like spurious said, its grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I don't know how you can say fairview has a substantial drug and crime problem.

OP as others have said Leinster Ave is more North Stand than Fairview. The area is not the greatest but not the worst either.

I don't know how you can say fairview has a substantial drug and crime problem.

I regularly see junkies wandering around the park during the day, as many others do.

spurious wrote: »
    I think you mean Ballybough, the parallel street, or perhaps had a terribly sheltered life.
    North Strand is full of oul' ones like me, admittedly not a hopping metropolis, but then some of us like it like that.

Lived here over 20 years and never had any trouble.

I grew up in the Darndale/Belcamp area so you can hardly call me sheltered.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭bdr529

I lived in Leinster ave for 20 years and still have family living there, it is not the same as Summerhill or sherriff st , it is much more settled and has less of the inherent problems associated with the surrounding areas. most of the residents are families and many have been there for many years. it is no less prone to break-ins or car teft/damage than anywhere else.
    with regards to personal safety and the 'crime problem', well the further towards the city centre the rougher it gets I suppose but Leinster ave is at the Fairview end and it is no less safe or intimidating than say Coolock village, Raheny village, Rathmines, Terenure etc...and as for Junkies in the park, you can say the same for St Annes pk, Pheonix pk or Stephens green so I don't know what substantial problem the other poster is refering to..

Advertisement