Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New quicker deposit account online

Options
  • 21-05-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I got an email from BOI about the new deposit account setup online.
    This sure makes things easier for those of us who only bank online.
    1 question I have is, if I open a new deposit account online with a monthly DD of 100 euro which is the minimum, can I then put more money in via 365 online using my current account (money transfer)
    I read in the terms and conditions that Direct Debit is the only way.
    I will be lodging different amounts each month so thats why I ask.
    Just thought I would check before I open the account.
    Many Thanks
    Sham.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Sham, thanks for your query.

Unfortunately you can't do a money transfer into the 365 Monthly Saver Account; the only way is by Direct Debit. You can, however, change the amount of your DD from month-to-month by calling Banking365. Please allow 3 working days as adequate notice for the change to update on our system.

I hope this is suitable for you. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask, or click here for our FAQ's.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Thanks for the reply Graham.
    Unfortunately that wouldn't suit my needs.
    I really need the ability to lodge from my current account.
    Thats a shame.
    Regards
    Brian.

Sorry about that Brian,

It's a pity it doesn't suit, but you might find an account for your other savings needs here. Alternatively you can call our Financial Advice Centre on 1890 365 254 to speak with a Savings Advisor about the best options for you.

Thanks again for your query,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

sham69 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I got an email from BOI about the new deposit account setup online.
    This sure makes things easier for those of us who only bank online.
    1 question I have is, if I open a new deposit account online with a monthly DD of 100 euro which is the minimum, can I then put more money in via 365 online using my current account (money transfer)
    I read in the terms and conditions that Direct Debit is the only way.
    I will be lodging different amounts each month so thats why I ask.
    Just thought I would check before I open the account.
    Many Thanks
    Sham.

I agree an online account where I could deposit different amounts each month with everything in one place with full visibility online would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

dmn wrote: »
    I agree an online account where I could deposit different amounts each month with everything in one place with full visibility online would be great.

This type of account is available but you have to sign up in a branch and it pays a crap rate. I've almost got one but don't care about rate, just flexibility.

• Advertisement

Hi dmn,

As cookie1977 pointed out, we have an Ordinary Savings account that you can open in a branch. This account can be registered on Banking365 and allows transfers in/out over the phone and online. You can find out more information on our savings accounts here or by calling 1890 365 254 to speak with an advisor.

Thanks for your feedback,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

dmn wrote: »

PTSB let you do that and pay 4%. More here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Might look into that

Advertisement