Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Timing belt Golf Mk 5

Options
  • 21-05-2012 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I have 07 1.9TDI (Engine BXE 105 bhp). with 100,000Km on the clock.

One garage is telling me that I should get the timing belt changed at 80,000miles (120,000Km) OR every 4 years whichever comes first. They seem adamant about the time thing. Another garage is telling me Im OK because i havent reached 120,000Km (they say nothing about years) and finally VW customer care are telling me 140,000Km (for models after 06 which i have). they also tell me that they don't recommend anything about years

I really dont know who to trust :confused:

In addition ive been quoted 400 euro for kit, pump, belt and labout inc vat. Is that a good price

Please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

My information is that the interval is 120,000km or 4 years. However I will say that the interval is very conservative on them and that you would be fine for a while yet.

€350 would be the average price for the job in an independent garage.

Advertisement