Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dipetane on diesels

Options
  • 21-05-2012 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi i am wondering if anyone has used Dipetane on on a nct fail. The reading to pass is .3 and mine was .9 something. Anyone have any advice my car is a 1.6 TDCI ford focus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭fabsoul

try it. it won't do it ant harm

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Can you post the actual wording of the fail?

Diptane might work but there could be other things you could try too.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭PatM65

Can't remember the figures for my 2002 Skoda Octavia 1.9TDI which also failed on emissions. However a top up with Dipetane and a good hard drive keeping the revs high made a huge difference and resulted in a pass with flying colours!

Also a mechanic friend checked my original fail report and said to make sure I drove the car for at least 15 miles before re-test to get the car well warmed up as emissions tend to be better when everything is up to operating temps.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Would it be any good at cleaning out an EGR Valve or Intake/inlet Manifold ?

Or to keep them working freely/ lessin carbon deposits ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

josephsoap wrote: »
    Would it be any good at cleaning out an EGR Valve or Intake/inlet Manifold ?

Or to keep them working freely/ lessin carbon deposits ?
    Its not a cleaning agent, it just helps fuel burn better. Something like Seafoam (what the Yanks use, whats our equivalent?) would be used to clean out inlet and exhaust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ubs69

snake oil :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

snake oil smile.gif

+ 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Fishtits wrote: »
    + 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

[-1 /QUOTE]

Any chance you could tell us why? or are you just notching up posts?

I'd love to hear your story about Dip whatever... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Fishtits wrote: »
    + 1

Any chance you could tell us why? or are you just notching up posts?

I'd love to hear your story about Dip whatever... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement