Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to wear to interview?

Options
  • 21-05-2012 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I have an interview on Wednesday and I have no idea what to wear. I have a suit but I'm not sure if it's too much as I keep hearing it's a pretty informal interview. I was thinking of going in jeans, shirt and a nice jacket otherwise. What you guys think? How did you dress and how did the other folk being interviewed dress aswell?

Also, while I'm here. This is my first ever mature interview(Dundalk btw) but I'm also required to do a written exam. I emailed them asking what kind of exam is it so I can prepare myself but they wouldn't help me. Just wandering if anybody knows from experience what kind of exam it might be? ie. course related, aptitude??? What is it normally???

Cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Trousers, shoes and shirt is the very minimum standard to wear to any interview.

It all depends on the interviewer but none will dock you for taking it too serious or being too keen, too casual on the other hand definitely can cost you.

Advertisement