Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Jun players are free

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Mostly I'm finding mishima's and haowrang online. Which is weird cause they are all so had to pick up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Ramza wrote: »
    Jun players are free

Good thing I don't use her anymore :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

I've still no idea how to play this game properly:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    I've still no idea how to play this game properly:pac:

I hear that!

I spend hours and hours learning only to get bodied by random mashing:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Rob2D wrote: »
    I hear that!

I spend hours and hours learning only to get bodied by random mashing:(

And that's why I feel Tekken has too many characters & moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Tekken is one of those games where you can spend years learning the game and becoming an expert at it but you go online and because of the nature of that kind of play you just get bodied by people mashing or spamming.
    I still love it though

Training mode is so gdlk in this game, hit it up!! Tekken Zaibatsu, youtube, get that **** going!!! Tekken is hard to learn, only been properly playing tbh since TT2 launch and still overwhelms me, but I'm getting there!!
    Fergus_ wrote: »
    Good thing I don't use her anymore :pac:

EDIT : Fergus is free :pac:

jk :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Tekken has got to be the least fun game to be intermediate level at, because until you know the game inside out you're still going to be free to random BS.

Probably why so few people stick with it until the higher levels, the learning curve is madness with all the rewards bundled up together at the very end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Is the game worth buying? :)

Is there a scenario campaign? And can you team up with a friend in the offline-mode? Can you customize the chatacters? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Is there Customization like Soul Cal 5?

Or less in depth?

Customisation is much less indepth than SCV, infact it's actually far more limited than the customisation in T6 which already wasn't much to shout about.

Even some items from the arcade version are missing. :pac:

Also no, there is no campaign of any sort.

trollmiharu.jpg

I think this accurately describes my online session today. (yes I know the photoshop is horrible)

Made a guy ragequit with the cake throw and immediately followup with camera throw! :D

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    And that's why I feel Tekken has too many characters & moves.

Haha guys I've been learning Street fighter and IMO it's also incredibly difficult. I still have trouble beating the computer on medium difficulty :( Also I just can't understand the mechanics of a game when I watch it. It makes me think how the hell I ever took up Tekken at all? At least the staple combos in Tekken are easy.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    trollmiharu.jpg
    (yes I know the photoshop is horrible)

Photoshop?

What Photoshop?

I am learning >_>

Haha guys I've been learning Street fighter and IMO it's also incredibly difficult. I still have trouble beating the computer on medium difficulty :( Also I just can't understand the mechanics of a game when I watch it. It makes me think how the hell I ever took up Tekken at all? At least the staple combos in Tekken are easy.
    Stop playing the computer ;)
    No really, CPU in fighting games is bad. Playing humans is best.

SFIV might be harder on execution, but it's much easier on move lists.
    What you should be looking for during matches are just the distances between characters when player X throws out move Y -- eventually, you'll see why they did that move from that range (causes damage/advantage) and when they made a bad read (allowing a jump-in, getting punished on block, etc).

i'm fed up of players rage quitting and pulling the plug when i beat them online :mad:

i'm fed up of players rage quitting and pulling the plug when i beat them online :mad:

In the 200 or so matches I've played online thus far only one person has raged quit.... Are you on PSN? I am.

In the 200 or so matches I've played online thus far only one person has raged quit.... Are you on PSN? I am.

Nah I am on xbox and in about 30 games it's happened about 3 times

• Advertisement

Asuka/Miharu is now my new team on WTF playercard, Jun is in the past :P

I need to stop using Asuka's reversal the whole time, it gets me punished

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Ramza why am I or Cobelcog not in your crap team

GorySnake wrote: »
    Ramza why am I or Cobelcog not in your crap team

Cause ur ****e

only messing ehhhhhhhhhhhh whats ur wtf usernames?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

GorySnake and Spiderflies

I need to stop using Asuka's reversal the whole time, it gets me punished

Quite risky to do it in general, but if you do it with your back to the wall, it can be worth it since you get a wallsplat into a full TA! combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

put some time in the lab, first time doing so with a better understanding of the game (been watching tutorials such as "Level Up Your Game" etc) however it was Tekken 6 :p

it doesnt really matter due to the fact that most of the moves/combos/juggles get carried on to the next game anyway. looking forward to next casuals to see how i fare...

Man Heihachi is easily the best character in this game. You don't actually need electrics to be a threat with him. DB2 is ridiculously god like.

I'm learning a new top tier team for lols.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Advertisement