Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I think learning Tekken characters is time consuming enough without taking more on board. :pac:

Already dividing myself between AK/Anna/Zaf as is, and I'd need to play a hell of a lot more to be decent with all 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I hate Lars, got demoted twice just to Lars teams.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I hate Lars, got demoted twice just to Lars teams.

:mad:

I'm so tempted to pick up Lars now. :p

But on a more serious note I am having real trouble settling on characters because I definitely want to main Kuni but I just can't find anyone to go with her.

Pick Asuka you traitor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

I'm so tempted to pick up Lars now. :p

But on a more serious note I am having real trouble settling on characters because I definitely want to main Kuni but I just can't find anyone to go with her.
    Pick Asuka you traitor!

please pick someone OTHER than Asuka or Jun, we already have too many of them in the Dublin community :p there are more than 30 characters to choose from :rolleyes:

Don't worry Fergus I am not going to leave the Asuka Army, Just consider me one of the Reserves. :)

I am probably going to run Forest/Asuka as a secondary team but Kuni/??? is what I am puzzled about. :(

2gen wrote: »
    please pick someone OTHER than Asuka or Jun, we already have too many of them in the Dublin community :p there are more than 30 characters to choose from :rolleyes:

I got a Miharu too! And a WIP Panda, Michelle and Lee

Yeah I'm giving up on tekken, game is too hard to learn and there's too many idiots just exploiting unfamilarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Yeah I'm giving up on tekken, game is too hard to learn and there's too many idiots just exploiting unfamilarity.

GG

• Advertisement

Noooooooooo don't leave me. :(

Ffs I can't stay away from it, it's like a ****ty girlfriend.

Tekken, Y U SO HARD BUT SO FUN AAAAAAAAAA

(got demoted like 3-4 times yeterday)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Ffs I can't stay away from it, it's like a ****ty girlfriend.

Tekken, Y U SO HARD BUT SO FUN AAAAAAAAAA

(got demoted like 3-4 times yeterday)

yeah man, for some reason when i get beat in Tekken, i feel more owned than i do in Marvel! it is brutal in its own ways but sooooooo satisfying when you win (especially for me since i play Capos and need to constantly change my patterns and not be tempted to flow chart)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭batman_oh

I hate the jaysus thing online because even if you are reasonably familiar with the garbage strings you cant block them online a lot of the time unless its 5 bars (4 bars are generally hopeless). You can spam Chreddy all day as the most basic mix up is lethal. Same goes for a few other characters. I do better against better players who play properly than agaisnt utter mongs who just spam online tactics crap. Plus it's stupidly hard to punish and use EWGF with Mishimas properly online too. I plyed a guy using Law and Marduck last night who was ranked Duelist with both. He beat me in the first game and i beat him in the second. All he did was throw spam and do db+44 with law and ten strings and tackles with Marduck.
    Then you have to deal with the messages when you beat them. It's a rage inducing experience :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I'm always amazed that people take the time out to tell me how much I suck after I beat them online. Surely that must reflect very poorly on them if I still managed to beat them.

Plus they actually go to the effort involved in sending messages on the awkward PSN system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

The online with a 5 bar is perfectly playable IMO, I have no trouble BDCing, doing EWGFs etc, hell I can do OTGF online no problem, etc etc. The game definitely does have a lot of matchups and spam is quite effective in this game, Chreddy players kick my ass :( But it's still a great game, online is great, remember Tekken 6 online? Yeah, now compare it to TTT2 online :pac: It's fine

TTT2 online is better than T6 but that still doesn't mean much because Tekken is not a good online game. It is probably the game that has the most casual players therefore you are gonna get a lot more eejits online. The strange thing about TTT2 is that in the maybe 60 to 80 games I have played I have not received a single hate mail where in T6 I received them pretty much every second game. I refuse to play it online because I feel it is detrimental towards my gameplay, Rage inducing and I don't have Xbox gold anymore. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://youtu.be/wWjExNXJgSo?t=50s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Ramza wrote: »
    The online with a 5 bar is perfectly playable IMO, I have no trouble BDCing, doing EWGFs etc, hell I can do OTGF online no problem, etc etc. The game definitely does have a lot of matchups and spam is quite effective in this game, Chreddy players kick my ass :( But it's still a great game, online is great, remember Tekken 6 online? Yeah, now compare it to TTT2 online :pac: It's fine

Besides 5 bars (and some of them are crap too) its absolutely awful online in my opinion on PS3 anyway. Better than T6 yes, but still a completely different game than offline. I remember back in T6 days they had the top Koreans play random online idiots and they were getting beaten due to the lag and all their connections were 5 bars and miles better than anything we get!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to tekken tag 2 as well as the ps3 so I'm sorry in advance if this is a stupid question!!!:(:(:(

Just wondering about dlc (kunimitsu, ancient ogre etc) I know I could have gotten them if I pre ordered the game, but is there still a chance of me downloading them somehow? I had a look at the ps store but I couldn't find anything

I'd love to hear any info!
    Thank you so much! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Jay1989 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm brand new to tekken tag 2 as well as the ps3 so I'm sorry in advance if this is a stupid question!!!:(:(:(

Just wondering about dlc (kunimitsu, ancient ogre etc) I know I could have gotten them if I pre ordered the game, but is there still a chance of me downloading them somehow? I had a look at the ps store but I couldn't find anything

I'd love to hear any info!
    Thank you so much! :)

The latest software update unlocks all of the DLC characters. If you launch the game while connected to PSN, it should prompt you to patch the game to whatever the current version is. That will unlock Kunimistu/Michelle/Ogre/Angel along with Miharu/Slim Bob/Dr. Boskonovitch/Sebastian and some others I may be forgetting

Oh my god, thank you so much! This is absolutely amazing, so many new characters!
    It was so easy too!
    Thank you so much again! :) I shall enjoy this hugely!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Jay1989 wrote: »
    so many new characters!

Well... don't get too excited.

touché :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone still thinking of getting this it is now only €24.99 new in Smyths on both Xbox and PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone still thinking of getting this it is now only €24.99 new in Smyths on both Xbox and PS3.

Just to update,this will be €24.99 as of opening time in the morning, seems to have been a glitch in the Smyths system today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Removing thanks.
    That's what you get for getting my hopes up! :pac:

I am loving Miguel, pokes ahoy and cool FC and SAV stance mixups.

Also hair synergy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I am loving Miguel, pokes ahoy and cool FC and SAV stance mixups.

Also hair synergy.
    Also that thing with his sister.

• Advertisement

TTT2 online is now a lot more fun when you invite people to endless.

Using more of Asuka's tools now, b+2,1 is pretty gdlk and so is WS1+2 and df4.

Miharu just rolling around being all dumb

Advertisement