Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

Got this on Monday. I've just had a long online session and the amount of button mashers is disgusting! I need to play against players who actually THINK about what they're doing. Anyone here play on PSN?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Got this on Monday. I've just had a long online session and the amount of button mashers is disgusting! I need to play against players who actually THINK about what they're doing. Anyone here play on PSN?

Are they beating you?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

I came out with a 50/50 ratio in the end. I'm relatively new to playing high-level in Tekken so granted, I still need to learn the game properly but still, I come across a lot of players who keep mashing the same attacks over and over again.

I'm not one to say "Tekken is a button-masher game, therefore, it's no good" as I appreciate the complexity and difficulty of it but it can be really annoying when I come across players who use fast characters like Forest/Marshall Law, Nina etc. and I'm a Jin/Heihachi player where their movements are somewhat rigid and then factor in some lag and it becomes almost impossible to punish any attacks.

But I agree, if they're beating me, it's not their fault, it's mine for not finding a suitable counter strategy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

I've no problem giving you some games.

I'm on PSN but I wont be able to play online until after the 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I'm on PSN as Newaglish, I'll be online a bit over the next few days as I'm off work

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Zillah wrote: »
    Are they beating you?

That is a name I never thought I'd see around these parts!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

That is a name I never thought I'd see around these parts!

Wandered in from the front page :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Zillah wrote: »
    Wandered in from the front page :D

It may be of interest (a source of fear?) that the last person who did that that I recognised from the same forum was Dead One!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Hey guys. Add me on PSN if you want a few games. I'm an experienced player I suppose. I main with Yoshimitsu & Paul, but also play with Armor King & Ancient Ogre.

PSN: novi_glitzko

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

TTT2 is going to be at Evo. Woooohh :)

Lets just hope it doesn't die the same horrible Evo death that T6 did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Lets just hope it doesn't die the same horrible Evo death that T6 did.

Bob/Slim Bob mirror finals less gooooooooooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

If I see another Bob/Slob online, I'm going to stab my eyes with hot pins.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Ramza wrote: »
    Everyone who agrees fergus is a lagswitching lag abuser thank this post

ps :
    fu gus
    ****ING called it

Fergus_ wrote: »
    If I see another Bob/Slob online, I'm going to stab my eyes with hot pins.

:D

I love the way you refer to Slim Bob as Slob when in actual fact he is quite the opposite. :P

Slim Bob player eh Bento?

To be fair if I see another Bob/S Bob, Bob/Lars, Lili/Alisa team I think I will scream. It's not because it's even difficult it's just so boring to face all the time. The same **** over and over again.

For the record, Bob isn't the most annoying character in the game for me or either is Lars, even though 80% of players seem to pick him. It belongs to Alisa. The day before yesterday I faced an Avenger Alisa that didn't even know how to juggle whatsoever, just abusing her many safe moves and lows. Of course, she was solo. I have seen countless solo Alisa players during ranked and I've only played about 200 games when doing it. But hey, I guess you will have this online.

I don't find Alisa much of a problem anymore now that I've tried her out, you can SSR between her uf4,4 which all Alisas loves.

Just gotta side step that bitch a lot, between her b3+4(?), uf4,4 and her wakeup options for a backturned string.

Right now, Hwaorang and Lars are the biggest issues for me, f Lars.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭YayForYuffie

Xiao >>>> Miharu. Just saying!

Xiao >>>> Miharu. Just saying!

I don't think so :cool:

Lars would give anyone a headache because he is so good. Hwo is annoying as people tend to spam his kicks, especially on ranked, but someone like Baek I can deal with okay. His big lows tend to be slow and easy to punish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

If only people knew Hwo's tracking is ass :pac:

• Advertisement

Ramza wrote: »
    If only people knew Hwo's tracking is ass :pac:

Elaborate please.

I know you can side roll to his left to avoid a lot of his stuff on the ground.

Asuka/Michelle's synergy, the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

I like using Michelle lately, some really nice options with her. Maybe I´ll be lazy and stick to Asuka/Jun and Jaycee/Michelle haha.

The key with Hwo is knowing the 10 key moves he revolves around and what he´s likely to do. Really hard to learn him honestly. Just know when he´s minus frames and SS. Only his parabellum kicks track well in most cases. But he´s the kind of character that is only limited by the person using him.

Not much moves track while he is in FLA. it's just the frame adv and the dangerous high low that ****s people up. RFLA d/f+4 giving a launch is ****ing retarded tho :pac:

One of my favourite things to do is 1,2,4,2, JFSR then to catch crouchers Lololol. It's gimmicky as hell. I rarely use it since I can JFSR fine anyway out of LFF and RFF (beast)

I was wondering why you were down-talking Hwo but now it turns out you use him, you can imagine my surprise! -_-

To be fair, I agree. Hwo IS overrated. It's only when he get's his stances that he becomes dangerous. At the same time I'm tired of the amount of people who use him online. I'm not sure what his stance is that can use that low juggle but good christ do people abuse it online. I can spot the majority of the time but with anything less than a 4 bar and I struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

To be fair, I agree. Hwo IS overrated. It's only when he get's his stances that he becomes dangerous.
    Thats not exactly what they were saying.

Hwo has all the tools he needs to be succesful in the game.
    What skeering said was that the effective-ness of the player @ using those tools is whats important.

@ Ramza:
    You do know that hwo's parabellum kicks (LFS f+3_RFS f+4) stop sidesteppers?? and @ 8frames are the fastest moves in the game (aswell as yoshi's flash)
    And his LFS b+3_RFS b+4 track 360??

And as for being 'over-rated'....

Hmmm....
    I'll take any of you on as a challenge in a solo match stretch :P
    And thats a sandwiche FT10! :pac:

We'll see if your scared of him then! :D

I'm scared of him already... goddamn solo Hwaorangs.

I'll be up for any FT5_10s ( :P )

Anything is better than 1 match at a time in ranked with randoms. (No one ever accepts invites for endless :( )

FT10 in Tekken? No i'm sorry I don't have 3 hours to spare. :P

I'd happily do that man!

Long FG sets are the best.

• Advertisement

@ Ramza:
    You do know that hwo's parabellum kicks (LFS f+3_RFS f+4) stop sidesteppers?? and @ 8frames are the fastest moves in the game (aswell as yoshi's flash)
    And his LFS b+3_RFS b+4 track 360??

Yes, but you never see the latter, they're pointless moves tbh :pac: I love doing LFS d/f+3, f+3 x N....lolololol

Advertisement