Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I don't >:|

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Ramza wrote: »
    Yes, but you never see the latter, they're pointless moves tbh :pac:

Uhummm....
    They're his only 360 trackin moves from flamingo, they have HUGE range, technicall low crush, knd/wall splat, and are only minus 10.

Pointless??
    When you play an opponent who know's when to step against Hwo, these are your best friend.
    Not to mention using them after a deliberate whiff bate, to knd/wall-splat

@Fergus:
    I agree man.
    Long sets are when the game gets really interesting.
    Perhaps we feel like that tho because both our chars have such large movelists (Hwo + Miharu) which are nuancical in use and a long set gives the opportunity to apply them. :)

You should hit me up whenever for a match man, if you see me on.
    My exams are over so i have some free time till Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Uhummm....
    They're his only 360 trackin moves from flamingo, they have HUGE range, technicall low crush, knd/wall splat, and are only minus 10.

Pointless??
    When you play an opponent who know's when to step against Hwo, these are your best friend.
    Not to mention using them after a deliberate whiff bate, to knd/wall-splat

Why give up all your FLA momentum and put yourself at -10? Outside of getting steppers I wouldn't be using them at all, no point

I have the worst habit of forgetting important moves with my characters, especially Asuka's d1+2 (foot puncher) Miharu's b2,2 (tracking natural mid/low string), df+1 (fast high crush move which can leave her in RDS) etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Do any of ye bother to rank online? If so, what is your ranks? Are you happy with it?

• Advertisement

Do any of ye bother to rank online? If so, what is your ranks? Are you happy with it?

Got to the green ranks in the first week and kinda stayed away from it then :)

Been floating around the Beserker/Fighter rank, not really arsed with ranked anymore, I try to invite decent people from ranked into endless now to get some proper set in. Ranked is horrible.

Starting to play with this guy on a regular basis, I get my ass kicked but it's great learning experience.

http://www.twitch.tv/straight_jacket/b/357329795

(1:55:00 mark)

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

I can't get passed warrior rank right now, but my internet is kinda bad this year :( Bryan and Lili aren't a problem anymore since you can deal with their low sweeps now. But some lows are still impossible to block like law dragontail and Steve db2 etc. Also whilst breaking throws is now possible online it's still really hard to do on anything other than a sublime connection.

Also Nina/Anna uf4~3 is just impossible to parry even when you see it arghhhh....... too much randomness for me to rank up anymore right now. Also the last promo chance I had was a rage quit....

Best matches I have now are against the better European players in the battle Colosseum. GreenLei, Grand Kintarro, AZG4life etc... but I still play a lot of rank for the fun.

Is anyone playing tekken in dublin this saturday? I'll be around and would like to play PEOPLE again hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭batman_oh

I can't get passed warrior rank right now, but my internet is kinda bad this year :( Bryan and Lili aren't a problem anymore since you can deal with their low sweeps now. But some lows are still impossible to block like law dragontail and Steve db2 etc. Also whilst breaking throws is now possible online it's still really hard to do on anything other than a sublime connection.

Also Nina/Anna uf4~3 is just impossible to parry even when you see it arghhhh....... too much randomness for me to rank up anymore right now. Also the last promo chance I had was a rage quit....

Best matches I have now are against the better European players in the battle Colosseum. GreenLei, Grand Kintarro, AZG4life etc... but I still play a lot of rank for the fun.

Is anyone playing tekken in dublin this saturday? I'll be around and would like to play PEOPLE again hahaha.

I can do a couple of hours. What time will you be about?

I'll be in for Saturday as well.

• Advertisement

batman_oh wrote: »
    I can do a couple of hours. What time will you be about?

I'll be in Dublin most of the day for some shopping. I suppose I'll be in town free around 3 onwards? So I can go anytime after that.

@Fregus cool I'll give Bob/Kuro a text also.

I'll be in Dublin most of the day for some shopping. I suppose I'll be in town free around 3 onwards? So I can go anytime after that.

@Fregus cool I'll give Bob/Kuro a text also.

Cool, I have to do a few hours study tomorrow (tax exam next Saturday!) so that suit. I'll probably drop in for about 4 - will give me a good 4-5 hours studying before

Kuro, Patrick and myself will be at casuals today if you guys wanna join. I will be in at 4.

oooooohhh.... I would have definitely gone in if I had known sooner. But I can't really afford to go in to dublin so many times a week. :p

I've come to the conclusion that i absolutely hate this game! Maybe playing offline might be make me change my mind but online ranked matches are garbage. And i'm sick of being spammed by ****ty strings and idiots rinsing the same online tactic trash over and over!

I simply don't have the time to be bothered learning every single string with every character well enough to be able to block it on reaction with lag!

Been playing Tekken since the first one but I think this one has officially killed it for me - T6 almost managed it! Stopping online for good anyway - will try a few offline games!

Should try and come in tomorrow for some good offline sets, it's always good fun (all fun and games until someone gets hopkicked)

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Should try and come in tomorrow for some good offline sets, it's always good fun (all fun and games until someone gets hopkicked)

Defo gonna try get in. Rare that I get a Saturday free and it's a completely different thing offline. At least if you get beaten its always legit :pac:

Believe me, I understand your pain >_>

I've been using Anna a lot lately, there's one big advantage with having someone like Anna on your team. I finally have a move I can abuse against abusers! But the second I start doing that you have to wonder what is the point really? You're just turning the game into a joke :( Athough it is fun to abuse against abusers, the second Law uses Dragontail it's open season for me >:)

I'll be in the XGC between 4 - 5 pm. I'd go earlier but people don't really show up before that do they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

I've been using Anna a lot lately, there's one big advantage with having someone like Anna on your team. I finally have a move I can abuse against abusers! But the second I start doing that you have to wonder what is the point really? You're just turning the game into a joke :( Athough it is fun to abuse against abusers, the second Law uses Dragontail it's open season for me >:)

I'll be in the XGC between 4 - 5 pm. I'd go earlier but people don't really show up before that do they?

Just post up in the casuals thread :v

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

Very off topic here, but does anyone who uses Bruce find it annoyingly hard to do the clinch attacks?

For me, his coolest moves are in the clinch and it's impossible! very annoying :pac:

what's the clinch attacks?

Cancans into cancans best stragety.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

GGS guys. Nice Mishima's Ramza. How did you upload the match?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I don't know if anyone was watching SCR this weekend but they had a Tekken Ball tournament and it was HYPE.
    If only I had a Wii U I would be playing with balls all night. :P

That should be on PS3/Xbox version >:/

T3 Tekken Ball was amazing.

I would prefer some Tekken bowling. TTT1, now that was the best

• Advertisement

Tekken Card Tournament?

I'm surprised it is not Wii U exclusive.

Advertisement