Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I would guess that on XBL it is either Fergus or Ramza and I am not sure about PSN, probably Skeering.
    My man Skeering is a great player and very modest. I'm Destroyer rank (Yoshi/Paul) at the moment, although I hope to get to Genbu someday (if possible).

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I gave up on online play. It was a mixture of idiots online and me running out of membership.

Yes, very much. I prefer offline myself. With online - I really try to steer away from ranked matches because of lag spamming idiots but to stay in some experienced player rooms you do have to have a decent rank or you'll be kicked. I've clocked up about less than 300 matches with ranked, it's only as much as I can take tbh.

Well at least it isn't as bad as T6 ranked. That was atrocious.

It really was. And almost 50% of players picked Lars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Ha you do way better in ranked matches than me Novi. I think you're the highest ranked Irish player? The only other guy I know who plays on PSN uses Nina/Lili and he's really really good.

AaronJT6 is his gamertag, but his online name is Wilimimax or something like that, if you want I'll give it to you and you can introduce yourself?

Check out his youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/AaronJT6?feature=watch

I just can't do well online man for 2 reasons

1: I keep switching teams and using ranked just for practice
    2: My wiff punishes are always late (in lag) and I get launched for using Asuka f+2 :(

Here's a video of top US player talking about tag 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKnY4rXeo64

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I know that feel about laggy f2

If anyone's interested in learning Kazuya this is a brilliant tutorial, the best ever made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZSTEXcJqxGM

Good job to the main man, sorry I didn't beat your jacks online but your are a throw spamming bastard :)

Will check out video. My Kazuya/Jun team is gonna rock this country.

This made me LOL.

• Advertisement

This made me LOL.

Greatest post ever. xD Ah I actually died laughing.

Hey Fergus did you say you were interested in learning the King matchup?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWg4xKyH5cc

I love video tutorials, you can just watch and you don't have to think :)

Your average king match up is keep blocking til they hop kick and then eat another one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Hey Fergus did you say you were interested in learning the King matchup?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWg4xKyH5cc

I love video tutorials, you can just watch and you don't have to think :)

See I love tekken, but an hour long video just to learn a mu is too much for me. And I'll probably forget most of it the next day :(

I see he has one for Miguel as well, will check that one out.

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    See I love tekken, but an hour long video just to learn a mu is too much for me. And I'll probably forget most of it the next day :(

Luckily most people have that attitude lol. So the person you're fighting probably wont know your matchup either.

This video is if you want to learn to play the character, learning the matchup would only take 5-10 minutes if someone told you what you NEEDED to know and not the extra stuff no so important that no one remembers anyway. Then you just need to play loads to get used to it, which is where I falter :(

But yeah you're right, it's pretty hard.

Noting that no matter what button you pressed, the salmon would simply flop around doing nothing else.

:( I'm so sad he's not in TTT2!

Sake is op.

Sake too stronk!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

I saw that yeah, poor Asuka lol.

http://youtu.be/kc48_qxe6VQ

A German guy I sometimes play with put this up on youtube a while ago. We were just playing around really, (I had no idea he was recording) but he's a really good Mishima player. A good vid to show how to punish well with a Mishima. Anyways I was getting beat with ak/a ogre before I brought out my mains (skip to 8.17) but they were good matches. My A Ogre needs a lot of work.

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/ttt2/index.html?tc=ya0-trj19qiv4fbpdkhx84j07ucpcnepcihb3yij54jy55dnd30065j82tkg6qezdihk6cgk76d4eiki2sebf5fn58go8tle60go9ulu2sf973aycabqfll542gn5jjv8pdsbljiahejapf08sku83ku9s00kcksb4ayb2hya0c1bvjgb7k3c9dua8ctaxcig9c1a9dugbg840jcc9ed66ezf0ct9gf5aqhx34ame5k48ugpay-bkf-naKOR

There are some notes I would like to mention:

Tier List is entirely and complete theory- it’s the player that makes the character. If you’re a good Tekken player, any character can be a contender.
    The game is very balanced, and in a 2/3 setting, or even 3/5- it’s hard to differentiate tier lists and anyone can win.
    Some characters complement each other better in a team than standing alone or with another character- fighting styles and combos play into each other and can issue more damage or create a different mind game. [Kuma/Panda]

My Tier List..
    See, I believe that there is a cluster of characters hogging the top spots. The only difference that separates the Mishima’s SLIGHTLY are their EWGF and the damage they get from such a fast, safe launcher.

So basically: I believe with the balance of the game, there is NO “S” tier characters.

A+: Slim Bob, Heihachi, Devil Jin, Kazuya
    Characters display the most positive aspects of offense, momentum, tracking, movement and punishing tools.

A: Bob, Lars, Jack, Armor King, Jinpachi, Bruce, Bryan
    Characters display high amounts of positive aspects in offense, tracking, momentum, punishing tools but lack a single aspect from A+.

A-: Marshall Law, Forest Law, King, P Jack, Jaycee, Feng Wei, Dragunov
    Have a strong amount of good poking, offense, tracking, momentum and punishing tools, but lack damage, speed, or versatility.

B+: Anna, Angel, Nina, Paul, Jin, Lee, Violet, Michelle, Roger/Alex, Steve, Jun, Miguel, Unknown, Steve, Marduk
    Display decent tools in offense, momentum, keep out, and tracking. Good Punishers but can’t completely utilize rush down, or completely play defensively. A little harder to incorporate the two styles with this tier.

B-: Xiaoyu, Miharu, Asuka, Wang, Lili/Sebastian, Lei, Zafina, Baek, Hwoarang, Chreddy, Tiger, Ganryu, Raven, Ancient Ogre, True Ogre, Kuni, Yoshi
    Much more difficult to start and continue momentum, must utilize one hit moves- good combo damage and keep out tools, but much harder to master at a high level.

C: Dr.B, Kuma/Panda
    Very weak in all aspects – must be played based on tremendous experience.

@Novi

Your friend has a habit of crouch jabbing a lot. If you baited the out you can get free hopkicks. GGs

This list is hella weird.

No way is Jun better than Asuka, he doesn't have Leo or Alisa listed at all and Kuni, Lei and Hwaorang seems way too low. Steve and Miguel should be A- imo

And Slim Bob in A+? Especially over Bob? Nina only in B+?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/ttt2/index.html?tc=ya0-trj19qiv4fbpdkhx84j07ucpcnepcihb3yij54jy55dnd30065j82tkg6qezdihk6cgk76d4eiki2sebf5fn58go8tle60go9ulu2sf973aycabqfll542gn5jjv8pdsbljiahejapf08sku83ku9s00kcksb4ayb2hya0c1bvjgb7k3c9dua8ctaxcig9c1a9dugbg840jcc9ed66ezf0ct9gf5aqhx34ame5k48ugpay-bkf-naKOR

There are some notes I would like to mention:

Tier List is entirely and complete theory- it’s the player that makes the character. If you’re a good Tekken player, any character can be a contender.
    The game is very balanced, and in a 2/3 setting, or even 3/5- it’s hard to differentiate tier lists and anyone can win.
    Some characters complement each other better in a team than standing alone or with another character- fighting styles and combos play into each other and can issue more damage or create a different mind game. [Kuma/Panda]

My Tier List..
    See, I believe that there is a cluster of characters hogging the top spots. The only difference that separates the Mishima’s SLIGHTLY are their EWGF and the damage they get from such a fast, safe launcher.

So basically: I believe with the balance of the game, there is NO “S” tier characters.

A+: Slim Bob, Heihachi, Devil Jin, Kazuya
    Characters display the most positive aspects of offense, momentum, tracking, movement and punishing tools.

A: Bob, Lars, Jack, Armor King, Jinpachi, Bruce, Bryan
    Characters display high amounts of positive aspects in offense, tracking, momentum, punishing tools but lack a single aspect from A+.

A-: Marshall Law, Forest Law, King, P Jack, Jaycee, Feng Wei, Dragunov
    Have a strong amount of good poking, offense, tracking, momentum and punishing tools, but lack damage, speed, or versatility.

B+: Anna, Angel, Nina, Paul, Jin, Lee, Violet, Michelle, Roger/Alex, Steve, Jun, Miguel, Unknown, Steve, Marduk
    Display decent tools in offense, momentum, keep out, and tracking. Good Punishers but can’t completely utilize rush down, or completely play defensively. A little harder to incorporate the two styles with this tier.

B-: Xiaoyu, Miharu, Asuka, Wang, Lili/Sebastian, Lei, Zafina, Baek, Hwoarang, Chreddy, Tiger, Ganryu, Raven, Ancient Ogre, True Ogre, Kuni, Yoshi
    Much more difficult to start and continue momentum, must utilize one hit moves- good combo damage and keep out tools, but much harder to master at a high level.

C: Dr.B, Kuma/Panda
    Very weak in all aspects – must be played based on tremendous experience.

Where's Alisa? :(

Fergus_ wrote: »
    This list is hella weird.

No way is Jun better than Asuka, he doesn't have Leo or Alisa listed at all and Kuni, Lei and Hwaorang seems way too low. Steve and Miguel should be A- imo

And Slim Bob in A+? Especially over Bob? Nina only in B+?

That's EMP Kor for you. :D

Slim Bob has better evasive properties and capabilities.

Leo is in B+

I think Jaycee's abilities are better than Nina. All Nina has truly is her combo potential, otherwise she is just...

everything you mentioned, Anna possess as well.
    Nina is nothing special.

think about it- if you play lei, how much harder do you have to work to win than someone playing bruce or bob. How much versatility in your playstyle do you have? Sure you can deal damage, IF you hit the opponent. All those characters I mentioned in the same tier as lei, ALL have similar problems, they dont have consistent mix ups, safe, damaging or momentum based pokes-

Alisa is just above middle.

• Advertisement

Slim Bob has better evasive properties and capabilities.

Leo is in B+

I think Jaycee's abilities are better than Nina. All Nina has truly is her combo potential, otherwise she is just...

everything you mentioned, Anna possess as well.
    Nina is nothing special.

think about it- if you play lei, how much harder do you have to work to win than someone playing bruce or bob. How much versatility in your playstyle do you have? Sure you can deal damage, IF you hit the opponent. All those characters I mentioned in the same tier as lei, ALL have similar problems, they dont have consistent mix ups, safe, damaging or momentum based pokes-

Alisa is just above middle.

Advertisement