Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I think Jun is really bad, too many duckable strings and she has pretty poor lows and her punishers are pretty ass as well and hopkick being auto bound kinda ruins her combo potential a bit, she also lacks good launchers as well besides f+2 but that's strictly for whiff punishing. She's a great scrub killer but once they know the matchup, there isn't a lot she can do. Her moveset is reduced to so little to stay safe due to so many high strings.

Asuka is definitely better than her. Not sure why the Koreans and other recent lists puts her so low, she's a pretty solid character, definitely a mid tier char. Really nice buttons to poke with, cancans is pretty scary, db3 is a pretty sick low to poke/annoy them and has decent standing punishers i12 onwards and she's also really difficult to pressure between b+3/Cancans/Counter so she can keep frame advantage mentally. f+4 is also a pretty gdlk homing move that leaves her advantage on block, and she has a good few safe launchers with 1+2, df+2 and CH launchers too.

Only thing I can think of that is keeping her from top tier is if the opponent gets a lifelead, it's really hard for her to make a comeback due to her defensive nature and subpar if not bad offense with her best lows having point blank range, has the worst i10 punisher in the game, pretty bad WS punishment outside the wall (unless you're a robot with CC JFs), doesn't get a launcher until i20 for WS.

Can agree with Ling Xiaoyu and Miharu being low, they're just ass lol, Miharu more so than Xiaoyu. Losing back layout is too big for Miharu, and her slide is pretty ****ty considering you can get a proper launch combo on her as opposed to other slides where you get float combo, only having access to Xiao's FC df4,4 in AOP for Miharu kinda sucks and her new b4,4 high/high is ass compared to Xiaoyu's mid/mid b4,4 that does nice damage as well. And Miharu losing Xiaoyu's df1+2 is also pretty big since this switches sides at walls even on break. The stuff Miharu got over Xiaoyu doesn't make up at all for what she lost. Only reason to pick Miharu over her is camera throw or if you're an idiot like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Ling also has this if you're so inclined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ahum4bWWxhs

I love the music in this video.

Really wish Miharu had back layout instead of her useless ass bump move >_>

Would be sick for oki setups and combo spikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Can somebody please tell me how to avoid Dr. B sitting down slide please? It wrecks my head.

Also any tips for dealing with Eddie (and clones). No matter where I block I seem to get hit by the epileptic bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I'm sorry to break this to you but avoiding Dr.B is

draft_lens19291059module157977338photo_1332860585_0_.jpg

• Advertisement

Can somebody please tell me how to avoid Dr. B sitting down slide please? It wrecks my head.

Also any tips for dealing with Eddie (and clones). No matter where I block I seem to get hit by the epileptic bastard.

Gotta block low and punish it with ws4 into combo or a different one depending on your character. Most characters should be able to do WS4 into a float combo anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

What do you guys think the tiers are? When playing online I think Hwoarang is the best player. Very quick, easy to spam with, you can play him safe, superb range, great juggle damage, & has moves that are great for finishing off games. He also has one of the most annoying juggles in the game which is his standing low juggle where its so so difficult to see. There has been plently of times I've seen it coming, block low but I'm still not quick enough :/.

I generally think pressure players have an advantage online though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I think Jun is really bad, too many duckable strings and she has pretty poor lows and her punishers are pretty ass as well and hopkick being auto bound kinda ruins her combo potential a bit, she also lacks good launchers as well besides f+2 but that's strictly for whiff punishing. She's a great scrub killer but once they know the matchup, there isn't a lot she can do. Her moveset is reduced to so little to stay safe due to so many high strings.

I've pretty much dropped Jun myself - I've realised from playing against her that her combos are easily blocked/interrupted and she's fairly punishable too. I still do well with her but I think anyone with a working knowledge of Jun is difficult enough to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Regarding tiers:
    Well, i'd disagree with a few of the placements on the lower end of Skeerings tierlist.
    And certainly wouldn't place nina so low.
    In a recent enough interview, "Only practice" said he believed Nina was the best character in the game IF you could do everything with her.

In comparison to JC, nina's pressure ability is FAR superior man!
    And her movement is ace as well as having a lot of nice safe pokes and easy pressure tools.
    Only thing she lacks over anna is a juggle starting low.
    I conscider nina a higher execution lars.

@Fergus:
    I agree with your assesment of asuka.
    I thing she's a very competent char, much better all round game to Jun.
    Asuka's f+4 is one of the best tracking moves in the game IMO!
    And her 2,3 12f punisher is seriously good. As is SS 2.

@Novi:
    You need to learn the match-up man.
    Hwo is fairly easy to take down if you can break down the players stringing style.
    If he's a good player he should be able to adapt to a good degree, Hwo does have option for everything, BUT, there are ways around a lot of his attacks, IF you can narrow down his options.
    You really just need to take a risk, and a different risk each time.
    If you d+1 all day your playing into the hands of any good Hwo player.

Same goes for "online" chreddies.
    They have a lot of low highs and a lot of times when you can float them.
    Try to stick to attacks that are safe and that you know will hit 'em out of their stances.
    For example, after their "twirl" kick from handstand, if you use a d/f+1, or any mid move less than 14 frames you can float them right out of it and get a juggle.

I think that is Kors list not eoins

• Advertisement

LOL!
    Wtf does kor know anyway huh!?!
    The lad has an episode of nerd rage every round FFS!! :P

2,3's alright, decent vs walls. 2,1's good as well if you don't want to knock them down so they can tag crash or if you're not sure if the move you blocked is -12.

Yeah I love f+4 and it being + on block, autopilot b+4 CH fish.

Just a shame it's a high and slow :( but would be stupidly good if it wasn't.

I wouldn't conscier 16f a slow move man! AND who duckes it man?
    I've played yourself and Eoin easily over 300times, and including the amount of online asuka's i've faced, i'd say my asuka experience is aroun 600 to 700 matches and i still don't duck that high!! :-O

Maybe i just suck, or maybe its really hard to duck an i16f move on reaction....

It's 19f iirc, a bit slow for my liking to use in pressure point blank unless you read a SS, but obviously good as a poke.

I love catching people with it when I see them SS at start of a round or after my strings.

Yeah it's Kor's tier list not mine!

Every top player made their own tier list on the FB Kor page. I thought his explanation was interesting so I posted it.

And lol at poor Glitzko, poor Yoshi doesn't even have a crouch jab to play into Hwo's hands :( One of the reasons he's low on tiers.

And her homing move is 19 frames I think, but it's impossible to duck on reaction, no chance like haha.

Here's NYC Fab's tier list, it's quite accurate I think... and he made it look pretty.

"Alright I threw together a tier list:
    1. There is NO order in the tiers
    2. I have S to A- spaced out. Reason being is left side has faults and right side is well rounded overall in my opinion. I didn't do it for B and lower because I feel like that all have a good amount of faults. "

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/ttt2/index.html?tc=ya0-trfdf6o7aje8h56yf6gyf6afcgmef66cah8h6mlgchbsai00iakn4ck5ajd5aimuajl1f75lf6fd4c7pcfaeaho7cglhajbjh68i4cp4f6dljjffch8g8iiscihechd6cgisajnrf691ah8bf6mucg00kckp6mc7jjk4chgyh4b1f692cga6h6icf6ezjjdqf5flh67oah9of6cef6btcgibh5jof76ccggdjjhfajcwh5-bkg-naAGEFab

That's a pretty cool list, looks accurate to me!

Not sure if the differences between Xiaoyu and Miharu is substantial enough to put MIharu a tier below Xiaoyu.

Some nice Ling play at 25 min into this stream, also has hilariously modified vocal commentary :)

http://www.twitch.tv/levelupyourgame/b/380279916

Sick Ling! I really need to abuse her evasion ability more

• Advertisement

The modified voice had me in stitches XD

Dear Steven/Ixayek_usurper I'm so sorry that I kicked your ass in the last Ranbats, let's be friends!

Jaycee....

i_know_that_was_you_by_legadema-d3ix6ir.jpg

General consensus seems to be Asuka is mid-low tier and Miharu is bottom tier D:

On a completely related note.

miharu_returns_with_like_lasers_and_stuff_so_yeah_by_wintersoldierzero-d577x0h.jpg

Gotta do an Alex/Miharu team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Blue jeans so OP.

It's just cause Ling has to take big risks in her mixups and Asuka has bad mixups. I mean she has to do a lot of launch punishable lows to get people to duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Yeah it's Kor's tier list not mine!

Every top player made their own tier list on the FB Kor page. I thought his explanation was interesting so I posted it.

And lol at poor Glitzko, poor Yoshi doesn't even have a crouch jab to play into Hwo's hands :( One of the reasons he's low on tiers.

And her homing move is 19 frames I think, but it's impossible to duck on reaction, no chance like haha.
    Haha, yeah its pretty annoying although you learn to deal with it. Maybe I do need to learn the match-up more. Its not because I even have that much trouble with him, it's just he can frustrating when people spam him on a loose connection.

As for Yosh being low on tiers. I can understand although I don't think he is bottom, bottom tier. He has some useful moves although his frames are fairly crap. Ancient Ogre joins Dr. B as the worst players in the game. He has moves that don't make any sense and his tracking is terrible.

@Eoin:
    Your just making next months whitewash of you even sweeter man! :) :P

And fab's list has alex and roger higher tiered than half the cast!!!
    What The PHOOOOOK!! lol! :-O

MY @RSE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Looking to take this game srs

Maining Raptor/Kuma atm

20/2 atm

• Advertisement

@Eoin:
    And fab's list has alex and roger higher tiered than half the cast!!!
    What The PHOOOOOK!! lol! :-O

MY @RSE!

No he doesn't.... they're below the halfway mark.

Advertisement