Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

If you can execute it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Na bento.
    There are screneshots of some of the SF chars made 3d by namco.
    I definitely seen one of Ryu.

About "The Main Man's" vid about 2d vs 3d...
    I agree with his over-all assesment. Tekken has a lot more complexity to it. Don't feel he "bashed" on 2D at all tbh, and , he also made me want to check out SF 3rd strike.

Have any of you guys played it?

Also,
    Yreval wrote: »
    I'm going to guess that this will be of some interest:

http://www.q-con.org.uk/
    Great shout. Cheers for the info.
    However,
    I there's a high probability that BigStupidGuy will be leaving the country before then, and, conscidering his HARD ON for mad-axes, i'd hate to schedule a trip up north knowing he can't make it. Hopefully we can go up before then.

The guy has needs ya know! :P

BTW,
    @Mantys:
    The poor showing of Tekken players at the XGC casuals is partially due to the Ranbats league that we are currently doing.
    There are 9 players in it.

Just thought i'd let you know that there are more players about ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Have any of you guys played it?

Yeah man I love a bit of 3rd Strike. You can get it for about 1200 microsoft points on the XBL marketplace. It is an excellent game from a gameplay standpoint but I would disagree with most of the other stuff he said. The pure fighting is probably the best of all the SF games but personally I think that most of the characters in it are absolute **** and aesthetically I don't think it's that great. The SF2 and Alpha characters are much better. But if you do intend to start playing 3rd Strike then I have a quick tip for you. Play Chun.

Is he like... the lars of 3rd strike?

Oh BTW it look like I'll be leaving Ireland from the 15th June 7th July.

Aside from that I should be around all summer!

Is there Cosplay at that Q - Con thing???? It's on at the end of JUNE???? :(:( Me sad now.... would have been class....

Is he like... the lars of 3rd strike?

Chun? He? I'm talking about Chun Li bro. The first lady of fighting games. But she is even better than Lars. She is the toppest of tiers in that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

New tier lists by Korea/Japan

Arcadia Current Issue
    Korean Character Rank
    S - Nina, Bruce, DevilKaz
    A+ - Kaz, Heihachi, DJ, Fng, Bob, AK
    A - Drag, Jin, Steve, Bryan, J6, Law, Lei, Paul, Chreddy, King, Marduk, JC, Lili, Ganryu, Leo, Jinpachi Lars
    B - Anna, Yoshimitsu, Lee, Hwo, Wang, Raven, Roger, Bears, Zaf, Miguel, Jun, Ogre
    C - Baek, Asuka, Xiao, Alisa

HelpMe, Jisoo, Vengeance, Low High, MoQ
    Japanese (simple) Character Rank
    S DJ, Kaz, Hei
    A+ Lars, Nina, Feng, Bob
    A Drag, Jinpachi*1, Steve, AK, Hwo, Miguel, Leo
    A- Bruce, Lei, Bryan, Lee
    B+ Asuka, JC, Paul, Gan, Marduk, J6, Anna*2 Jin*3 Xiao, Chreddy
    B Others

Nobi, Yuu, Yoshiisu, Sho, Bekosu, Bayon, Babaeru, Manba, Deku
    *1 when he's paired with a good character for extending his TA combos
    *2 when tagged with a good partner to extend combos from cold blade
    *3 can probably go higher when you can really utilise his parry

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

3rd Strike is possibly the best 2D fighter for Tekken players because the zoning game takes place at limb-length in most matchups -- parry & the game's movement removed a lot of the mid-to-full screen zoning from older titles (e.g. fireball pressure).

KOF would be a better series to learn overall though -- it has proper 2D zoning, but you can apply a LOT of pressure up-close too.

Korea still doesn't have a very high opinion on Asuka, I can understand Lings anyway, and I really want to know why they think Jun is better than Asuka cuz Jun is booty.

Big difference between Korean and Japanese placing of Miguel.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    KOF would be a better series to learn overall though -- it has proper 2D zoning, but you can apply a LOT of pressure up-close too.

I really want to get into KOF but my execution is ass, online is atrocious and barely anyone plays it so you can see my dilemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mantys

Miguel is defo A imo. With his new shoulder tackle and old abusive d/f+1 and SAV mixups etc.
    Also, I will be joining XGC casuals on Saturdays soon I think, maybe in a month or so. :P

• Advertisement

There's a big fall for Bruce in Japan also.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Big difference between Korean and Japanese placing of Miguel.
    There's a big fall for Bruce in Japan also.

Same for Hwo in those tier lists.

But,
    Korea doesn't really have a top Hwo player atm.
    Knee's probably the best and he uses everyone! so...

I know for a fact that Japan has better Hwo players in 'Kygammone' and 'No-Gravity' and I'd say its the same case for Bru and Mig.
    Or maybe because they're soo experienced against bruce they rate him lower. I know there a quite a few bruce players, but, tbh, I dunno if any of 'em main him, if you know what i mean.
    So the standard might not be that high, such as the case with Hwo.
    mantys wrote: »
    Miguel is defo A imo. With his new shoulder tackle and old abusive d/f+1 and SAV mixups etc.
    Also, I will be joining XGC casuals on Saturdays soon I think, maybe in a month or so. tongue.png
    Firstly, glad your looking to come back man! :)
    Second,
    I'd say the fact that Mig doesn't have a safe launcher plays some part in his placing.
    No full-juggle low would also impact it too i'd say but, hey, my word aint gospel by any means!
    He's a great pressure char for sure. And his long limbs are a real pain.
    Just watch some of Bohee's play vs Knee:
    http://youtu.be/BWbLF-FVfMc

Fergus,
    What your take on miguel?
    (btw, you really ****ing deserved that fat jack ass on your trolling face in the above vid man! :P It was really funny.)

Idk Miguel seems solid, bit of a tracking issue to his left but he has really nice pokes, no safe mid launcher does suck yeah but he has decent CH launchers and moves to keep the pressure on like uf1 and b+3. His damage is a bit lacking and his wall carry is pretty meh.

He does have a full juggle off his db1~hold low but no one's getting hit by that offline.

He feels about mid tier tbh.

Also Duelist Asuka and Miharu

(Kreygasm)

No PUGILIST!

BTW Miguel db1 is really quick man. The greatest players in the world are always getting hit be it so long as it's not abused.

The reason you can't bound off it is because it's so freaking fast.

Miguel db1 is really quick, the best players always get hit by it. It's the reason you can't bound after it.

Only one away form my rank! :o

Nah you can bound off db1 (hold) with WS2,2,2 or combo from WS4

But db1 (no hold) is decent enough.

I didn't know about that change! Kewl

Prolonged d/b+1 is not new lol.
    Also guys I have a problem with fillers after I use bound+tag. If I use something long, the original character will miss everything after that.
    For example with my Miguel/Lili I do:
    Miguel: d/f+2,1 d/f+4,1 d/f+2,2 BTA! (or whatever you write this as) Lili d+2,2,3 Miguel f,f+2,2
    If I use anything else with Lili Miguel will miss everything.
    Is there a special way to do this? I have seen players do full starter combos and after the tag-bound they even go to SAV with Miguel and do SAV 1,2,1 and continue with the original character. Is there a timing? Is there a limited amount of commands you can input?
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP! pl0x

• Advertisement

Try this

Miguel (w/e launcher) df1~f(SAV) uf3, df4,1 d2 b! TA Lili d2,2,3 (may have to SS to the left or right before doing this) Miguel WR3

If that doesn't work even with SSR/SSL, use b1,4 with Lili as a filler instead.

I think your combo would work Mantys if you did d3+4 with Lili as a filler.

To be honest the more you get into the game the more TA! Combos aren't worth it. Now I only do them at the wall, or just to give a combo a little more reach to get to a wall.

It's red life combos that you wanna practice mostly.

Unless you find something REALLY special with 2 characters. Like a wrestlers grab to end a combo, great damage.

@Mantys:
    Its something that you will have to fiddle around with a lot before you get it down.

To find the staple "fillers" check out TZ.
    You have to adjust them depending on the amount of hits pre-B!, and, even when you do, some fillers require a SS or particular timing as Fergus eluded to.

I'd recommend you watch a good load of lili and miguel vid's on YT to get an idea of whats possible.

I'd also like to echo what BSG said.
    It's important to choose wisely when to use Tag Assaults.

Even when using a TA is gonna take chumks off their life, your giving them rage AND a free tag-crash. (easy out, atleast most of the time)
    So, do bear that in mind man.

ALSO;
    I don't know specifically what your trying to do in your TA juggle, but i can tell you that there is no limit on commands.
    You can prettty much do as you please but only certain attacks will connect after so many hits.

@ Mantys

Stumbled across this when I was looking at Miguel forums

Hope it helps

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=4610486#post4610486

Oh wow thanks a lot for that, it really helped.

This is amazing

Crap I was about to post that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Triademan

Hi Guys,

Dont know if some of you remembers me ! I am french Kazuya player !

I in Dublin for 10 days from now on and will be interested to fight against some good players in Dublin !

Hope some of you will be interested!

Please let me know if there is some tourney or session coming in the next coming days !

My team ? Kazuya/Eddy at the mo !

TEST YOU WELL:)

There's sessions every Saturday and Wednesday. There should be a good few people in tomorrow, although I'll probably be late since I have to show a friend around Dublin tomorrow, but I'll definitely be in next Wednesday anyway, or whenever people want to come in.

I know that Trecs want to play you offline Jeff, he was the Devil Jin player you played online a few weeks ago when you invited me. We were all in the XGC and said we'd take turns playing you lol. So I'm sure he'll be in tomorrow if you're there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Triademan

Oh yeah man ! He had a good devil jin ! Looking forward to play him offline ! What time people would be at XGC ?

TEST YOU WELL :)

Advertisement