Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Hah that video makes me really want to try TTT (only one I never played :( )

You disgust me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

Actually those combos videos reminded me, T4 was the coolest Paul ever looked, they really had something class going there but for T5 I dunno, he just lost a dimension and became a character they 'threw in' without any great creativity and just basically ruined him and turned him into a real two dimensional idiot.

I haven't taken Paul seriously as a character since T4 (and neither have Namco).

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Actually those combos videos reminded me, T4 was the coolest Paul ever looked, they really had something class going there but for T5 I dunno, he just lost a dimension and became a character they 'threw in' without any great creativity and just basically ruined him and turned him into a real two dimensional idiot.

I haven't taken Paul seriously as a character since T4 (and neither have Namco).

As far as story is concerned, I'm inclined to agree. However, the same can be said for a lot of characters in Tekken. Just watch Wang's ending in TTT2, says it all...
    Gameplay wise though? You have to respect everything for fear of eating deathfist and losing 50% health clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

yeah but that's a very easy thing to make happen

Gameplay programmer 1: "should me make any significant development to Paul's gameplay?"
    Gameplay programmer 2: "naah, let's just makes his death fist high risk-reward"

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

yeah but that's a very easy thing to make happen

Gameplay programmer 1: "should me make any significant development to Paul's gameplay?"
    Gameplay programmer 2: "naah, let's just makes his death fist high risk-reward"

It sounds like you want an overhaul on the character or something? Pretty much every character in Tekken has some gimmick or staple moves which their gameplay should revolve around...

• Advertisement

So I went to buy a digital copy of this on my PS3 because it was on sale for 15 quid. I bought it but when I tried to download it turns out that this one game is too big for my 40gb PS3 that's memory is completely free. Now I have a digital copy just waiting around to be downloaded but it won't fit on my console. Aint that some bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Anyone coming to casuals tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I reckon the producers didn't know what to do with Paul because of his style as a sort of brute strength character. He has great damage but his mix-ups & predicability make him not very hard to fight. A couple of useful moves inputted is WS3,2 & qcf4(think thats how you pronounce it). But i always figured Paul as a character that should be turtle as punishing is his strenghts. Although as a Paul player I have not much patience and usually make a beeline for a player!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mantys

Guys how do I get the cane for Sebastian lol, also I got demoted while winning a promotion match because my internet screwed up wtf lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So I went to buy a digital copy of this on my PS3 because it was on sale for 15 quid. I bought it but when I tried to download it turns out that this one game is too big for my 40gb PS3 that's memory is completely free. Now I have a digital copy just waiting around to be downloaded but it won't fit on my console. Aint that some bull****.

You can get a 320Gb or even 500Gb 2.5" SATA drive for under €50 online :cool:

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You can get a 320Gb or even 500Gb 2.5" SATA drive for under €50 online :cool:

Yeah that was what I was going to do. All I need is 50 quid though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Everyone should check out the touching reunion between Bob/Vagrant/trecs and his old flame Yuki/ Risa Chan

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122074&perpage=20&pagenumber=33

Oh and we finally solved the mystery of why Bob always does a 2+4 grab! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

Everyone should check out the touching reunion between Bob/Vagrant/trecs and his old flame Yuki/ Risa Chan

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122074&perpage=20&pagenumber=33

Oh and we finally solved the mystery of why Bob always does a 2+4 grab! :D

haha, you might want to create a blog and tweet it as well! and also post it on facebook phil. tekken community too (i'll add you if you want)!

:P

Would you!? :o

Just ranked up. Savior Yoshimitsu (161W 35L 81.1%) with a different account teaming him up with Armor King instead of Paul. :D

It's a shame you couldn't get into casuals last week man, there was a good crowd and it was a lot of fun.

I know I was disappointed I couldn't go after. If an opportunity over the summer doesn't present itself to go to Dublin I'll make it my business to go up myself. Always good craic and you can't beat offline play!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

Would you!? :o

why not? you'd have to learn tagalog! and tagalog slang! :P

What's your facebook mister?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭batman_oh

It's a shame you couldn't get into casuals last week man, there was a good crowd and it was a lot of fun.

Random deathfist ftw! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Btw for those who doesn't know yet.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056952414

Should be a turnout for TTT2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

I love playing Tekken dress-up! :D
    Is it easy to win new outfits (like in Tekken 6) or do you have to earn a lot of money and buy items? Can you make their hair look pretty and make scary characters look less scary? I may get the game anyhow but I enjoy it more when I can make them all pretty :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Is it easy to win new outfits (like in Tekken 6) or do you have to earn a lot of money and buy items?

You can earn money quicker in this game than tekken 6 for sure. I think just playing vs computer ai gives you quite a bit of money but online the bonuses stack up and you get a good chunk of money very fast whereas in tekken 6 you had to complete the scenario campaign and then play the mokujin stage a couple times to get anywhere.
    Can you make their hair look pretty and make scary characters look less scary? I may get the game anyhow but I enjoy it more when I can make them all pretty :):)

You'll have to ask Fergus, he's a really big expert on this subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Thank you kindly :):)
    I really liked Tekken 6 and loved the co op thingy. Do you reckon this TTT2 is worth me getting? Or would you get bored quickly? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Thank you kindly :):)
    I really liked Tekken 6 and loved the co op thingy. Do you reckon this TTT2 is worth me getting?

If you were a fan of tekken 6 you would probably enjoy ttt2. If you have a friend to play with the tag co op thingy can be pretty fun.
    Or would you get bored quickly?

Like in tekken 6 there's customisation so there's that, plus the singe player story. Other than that there is an online mode but that's not very beginner friendly. So it can vary depending on how you want to play the game.

trecs wrote: »
    why not? you'd have to learn tagalog! and tagalog slang! :P

What's your facebook mister?!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Lads, a little bit of net awareness, don't be publishing private information publicly, who knows who could see it.

Send via PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I forgot this was thing. I guess customising outfits is much more of an aspect of 3D games.

How does the TTT2 dress up compare to the Virtua Final 5: Final Showdown dress up?

From what I understand if you buy the costume DLC, VF5 is crazy ridiculous, but I'm not sure how the free options in it would compare to Tekken.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I forgot this was thing. I guess customising outfits is much more of an aspect of 3D games.

How does the TTT2 dress up compare to the Virtua Final 5: Final Showdown dress up?

From what I understand if you buy the costume DLC, VF5 is crazy ridiculous, but I'm not sure how the free options in it would compare to Tekken.
    VF5 FS (without costume packs) has zero "free" options.

However, the Complete Edition (with all costume packs) is on sale on PSN until June 4th for €12 and has decent costume options (probably less than TTT2 though). Also everything is unlocked straight away.

In Vanilla VF5 all the customs were unlockable in the game but in VF5FS they are DLC. :mad:

All Tekken's customisations are unlockable in the game through money.

The difference I see between the two games is in TTT2 there is less variety between character's clothing as a lot of characters have similiar clothing you can equip them with but there is a huge array of clothing and colours. Where as in VF5 the customs tend to have more individual items for each character. However I have only experimented with the customs in Vanilla because I am not paying 5 quid just to play dress up with one character. So I can't speak to heavily on VF5FS customs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

In Vanilla VF5 all the customs were unlockable in the game but in VF5FS they are DLC. :mad:

However I have only experimented with the customs in Vanilla because I am not paying 5 quid just to play dress up with one character.

Yeah but to be fair VF5 was a full price release title, and Final Showdown was released NEW at €15 (and I got it for €4).

I far prefer to be offered the full gameplay experience at a reduced price, and leave the extraneous vanity options as on optional extra for those interested.

Advertisement