Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I play Asuka, Jun and Jinpachi. Yes, I actually learned a new character, whaaaaaat

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

I heard CF is doing Nina iWS1 now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

We're all ****ed D:

Actually I'll just watch this and play DJ this Sat.

Shots fired

• Advertisement

Real talk though.

What time? Best to start it early to avoid the disasteriffic session last time.

12:00?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

I heard CF is doing Nina iWS1 now.....
    You did.

I told you.
    :P

RE: This Sat;
    Early's always good. Seriously.
    I think that regardless of whether everybody's there or not, we just try to get it going once there's 4/5 ppl.
    Rent out set-up's as we go along etc.

Just to post something.

This guy contributed a lot to the forums and he's one of the nicest people I know online, he's helped me so much with Asuka and he took on a daughter of his deceased friend a year or 2 ago and he's taken on more jobs to cover the funds for her and his fiance and living costs. And he got screwed over by helping another friend of his and he has to pay to keep his place or get thrown out on the streets, he has about a week and a half to come up with a few grand.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=4667088#post4667088

I'd really like if people would donate a few euros to him to his paypal to help him out, really breaks my heart to see him in this situation. It's stupiditymayhurt@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Yeah I saw that post it was discussed about in the academy. I hope the community gives him support they are normally good guys like that.

P.S 1000 posts in this thread yay :D

• Advertisement

Just checked that out now.
    I feel soooo sorry for the guy. I know whats he's going through to some degree....
    He's a really nice guy, and dead sound too.
    I would love to help but unfortunately I'm not in the position to do so atm.

Hope he gets sorted...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Okay, gonna make a pair of mirrored posts:
    to any and all wanting some kind of TTT2 tournament, there is potentially one in the works for the 15th this month, along with some other games. As such, we're gonna need people who are willing and able to transport consoles with patches to play on. If there's patches/DLC and people can ONLY play on PS3 pads, the onus is you guys to bring patches consoles to these events. A lot of the other chaps will be Injustice players and MvC players, and will likely not have a patched console, or it will be an xbox console.
    If you are willing to bring to bring a console with you to the event (running in the Exchange (in town) from 4:30 onwards), please PM me, and I'll see you get reduced entry fee to the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Tekken Revolution..... what?

Interesting! But what the heck is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

From the sound of things, a Tekken free to Play on the PS3 (only). Wouldn't be surprised if this turned out like DoA 5 free (which isn't entirely free since to play most characters, you gotta pay a fee) where you can only play up to 4 characters (like Bryan, Kazuya, Lars & Paul) and in order to play the rest, you gotta pay for them. The online is free and such though. But the attributes boost seems a little weird (from extra info that I've seen). :/

Firstly,
    Wanna say welcome and props the guys who came to the ranbats on sat. :)
    Was great to have some new heads about and hoped you enjoyed your time there.

@Mazman:
    I'd say your spot on about the likening to DoA 5 free.

Also, I'd say
    1) they're trying to get more ppl into the game by making it free for anyone to try it out and play. Strange thats its PSN specific though.
    2) The "crushing"/"warping" that ya can see in the vid I'd say is a new mechanic they're conscidering putting into the next proper tekken game, and this is how they're testing it out.
    3) I haven't played Sf x T but, perhaps the attribute boost thing is maybe another take on the gem-system of SF x T ???? dunno...simplified version perhaps...

If any of you guys have been watching/listening to Avoiding the Puddle, rip was talking recently about how Tag 2 could be last of this type of tekken.
    He expressed his belief that the next tekken game will be a game-changer since the current game isn't doing so hot in arcades atm.
    I'd say he's spot on, and this gives futher credence to that train of thought.

Remove crush system pls :P

Rip Asuka

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

Firstly,
    Wanna say welcome and props the guys who came to the ranbats on sat. :)
    Was great to have some new heads about and hoped you enjoyed your time there.

@Mazman:
    I'd say your spot on about the likening to DoA 5 free.

Also, I'd say
    1) they're trying to get more ppl into the game by making it free for anyone to try it out and play. Strange thats its PSN specific though.
    2) The "crushing"/"warping" that ya can see in the vid I'd say is a new mechanic they're conscidering putting into the next proper tekken game, and this is how they're testing it out.
    3) I haven't played Sf x T but, perhaps the attribute boost thing is maybe another take on the gem-system of SF x T ???? dunno...simplified version perhaps...

If any of you guys have been watching/listening to Avoiding the Puddle, rip was talking recently about how Tag 2 could be last of this type of tekken.
    He expressed his belief that the next tekken game will be a game-changer since the current game isn't doing so hot in arcades atm.
    I'd say he's spot on, and this gives futher credence to that train of thought.

its because in order for you to play you need a bana pass and a game card and not too mention that you need to pay for the play time, so tis a total waste of money for most of the players

plus - namco charges a ridiculous sum for the upgrade or machine and software.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Day 1 learning Nina, look what I can do :cool:

GET ON MY LEVEL

Sorry FPS craps out on second combo

Do it in a real match! :D

I'm just totes Jel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Microsoft just hate letting developers try out F2P models on their precious Xbox.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Microsoft just hate letting developers try out F2P models on their precious Xbox.
    Thats seemingly what I've heard too.
    But, interestingly "Killer Instinct" is due to adopt the same model and is down for an Xbox One release....Tis strange....

Did any of you guys play the new "revolution" yet anyway?

Interesting review here:
    http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/mrmazz/blog/tekken-revolution-initial-impressions-f2p-model-ob/101380/

I wanna play it badly, but still no NET!!!!

Gonna try it today, it seems to be a mix of TTT2/T5 DR, no bounds which reduces launcher damage which I like because it puts more emphasis on poking.

Apparently Asuka is really good in this :O Buffed WS3 that floats them the right way and more pushback.

Nice game to fool around in.

Gonna try it today, it seems to be a mix of TTT2/T5 DR, no bounds which reduces launcher damage which I like because it puts more emphasis on poking.

Apparently Asuka is really good in this :O Buffed WS3 that floats them the right way and more pushback.

When does it become available? It was out yesterday but only in the US as far as I know. I checked it on the Store there a little while ago but no sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Newaglish wrote: »
    When does it become available? It was out yesterday but only in the US as far as I know. I checked it on the Store there a little while ago but no sign.

Just create a US account and download it from the PS Store if its still not out in Europe. :)

Fergus_ wrote: »

I knew you'd be happy about the no-bound man :)
    I enjoy the extra level of oki that bounding offers, just wished they nerfed the juggle damage.
    That way you could keep the oki whilst still having a poke based game.

Changes:
    Seemingly Kaz u/f+4,4 has a huge block stun.... that won't help spamming noobs anyway!
    Lili's sweep juggle's on NH.
    Paul's WS 1 (or 2, can't remember) launches the right way round also.

I'd say Paul is the one to watch out for in this. With his new moves from tag covering a lot of his basic flaws from T6 and with deathfist being a massive move in juggles...

Anyways,
    I really like the flashy-blur animations for their special attacks :)
    Did anyone else notice the new backward walking animation?
    Its much more SF like.
    There was talk that this the "left-over" mechanic(s) from T x SF which has "seemingly" been scrapped...

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Just create a US account and download it from the PS Store if its still not out in Europe. :)

But... but... the rules!

• Advertisement

Also,
    @Aurongroove:
    Thing you'll enjoy this a lot man! :D
    http://youtu.be/1TpXV_ceCo4?t=5m5s

Advertisement