Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

trecs wrote: »
    its because in order for you to play you need a bana pass and a game card and not too mention that you need to pay for the play time, so tis a total waste of money for most of the players

plus - namco charges a ridiculous sum for the upgrade or machine and software.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=4668501#post4668501

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

I was just curious, that guy didn't seem to think it was expensive but I guess it's different in every arcade.

I was just curious, that guy didn't seem to think it was expensive but I guess it's different in every arcade.

take note of the currency conversion as usd is still more expensive the php. usd to php is 43.02

and the transaction done is always on usd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Asuka's face in TR, can't unsee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I loved her face I thought she was prettier.

trecs wrote: »
    take note of the currency conversion as usd is still more expensive the php. usd to php is 43.02

and the transaction done is always on usd

Ughhh... too complex for Big Stupid Me..... :confused:

I'd rather harass Bento for saying that he "loved Asuka's face". :eek:

Ughhh... too complex for Big Stupid Me..... :confused:

I'd rather harass Bento for saying that he "loved Asuka's face". :eek:

lemme give ye a big big big HUG Mwaaaaah! wahahaha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Whats the point of this TR? And how to you get extra tickets? noob novi coming through

A little Irishman just helped out Dilly in a fairly big way ;)

• Advertisement

:O What did you do?

Ah nothing game breaking TBH, but I did donate more than I've ever done before...

I've been lucky enough with money the last while and as my mam says "It's nice to be nice".

Game breaking? Explain?

TR is like TTT2 but no bound, tag, and there's like 10 characters?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0zsMn-FFyA

Could be the "easy" version of tekken most new players were hoping for?

Might need to make an entirely new thread for this game.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Might need to make an entirely new thread for this game.

I don't know why you haven't already, it's a completely different game, right?

Also, any of ye coming along tomorrow?

Tekken lads where you at? Support your tourneys. :D

I don't really see Tekken Revolution lasting long anyway so I think this thread is enough for it :P

I really want to come tomorrow but I got me ma's birthday to attend to so put up some good matches for me to watch!

I don't really see Tekken Revolution lasting long anyway so I think this thread is enough for it :P

I really want to come tomorrow but I got me ma's birthday to attend to so put up some good matches for me to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

TR is like TTT2 but no bound, tag, and there's like 10 characters?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0zsMn-FFyA

Could be the "easy" version of tekken most new players were hoping for?

Can you not only play for a few games in a row until you run out of coins? I don't see how that could possibly help anybody learn Tekken.

• Advertisement

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Can you not only play for a few games in a row until you run out of coins? I don't see how that could possibly help anybody learn Tekken.

If I understood correctly the wake up options are really good or something, so it's easier for low level players to last more than 5 seconds.

You're given "blue coins" to use in ranked/player and when you run out of those, you start to use your premium tickets, your blue coins replenish every once in a while (I think it's a coin per 30 mins)

This game is harder than TTT2 imo because there's more emphasis on poking and spacing rather than just launching and getting absurd damage with the removal of bound system.

The new "invincibility" moves are there to help newbies to get out of awkward situations I guess, but they can be baited pretty easily and punished massively.

I don't really see this game surviving for long tbh, especially with lack of training mode and offline versus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

TTT2 players: Check the DoC 9 thread for instructions on how to get to the exchange.
    Use those and a tenner to come get your games cast and uploaded by beasting people in a tourney :D

Considering the game is free I don't think it's asking too much to pay 5 measly euro to play A LOT.

And also I'm actually really excited about it, I hope it takes off, I hope people like it and I hope that it serves as a good basis for Tekken x Street Fighter.

Fans weren't too happy with long combos, and too much characters to learn. There's nothing to complain about anymore.

Considering the game is free I don't think it's asking too much to pay 5 measly euro to play A LOT.

And also I'm actually really excited about it, I hope it takes off, I hope people like it and I hope that it serves as a good basis for Tekken x Street Fighter.

Fans weren't too happy with long combos, and too much characters to learn. There's nothing to complain about anymore.

My friend, this is the fgc. There's Always something to complain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I don't have a problem with the bound system. I can see how a lot of die hard T5/Tekken players didn't like it, and thus didn't play Tekken 6. Even if they removed bound the game would still be as awesome, Tekken is 90% based on movement anyway. The only time the bound system can be a bit harsh is when your put against a wall, you eat one wrong mixup and bye bye 60%+

After playing TR for a bit, the launcher damage is still insane when you put some stats into power and vigor, especially vigor for certain characters that uses critical attacks in their combos like Asuka, f2 uf b213 f1+2, f2 and f1+2 are critical attacks and you can easily hit near 100 most of the time (no wall) if you put enough points into vigor.

For Kuro.
    This song is too godlike.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

For Kuro.
    This song is too godlike.

This is single handedly the worst thing I've ever heard.

• Advertisement

My personal goal reached! :) Got Genbu there with a record of 182W 37L 83.1%. Think I might stop ranking now.

Advertisement