Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I'm starting to get the hang of electrics :D but only on the 2P side. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I'm starting to get the hang of electrics :D but only on the 2P side. :(

Pad or stick?

Ramza wrote: »
    Pad or stick?

Stick.

You have to use your wrist more, it's annoying to get used to! Just snap the stick from down to down forward in a rapid natural motion, I know it sounds ridiculous but try it

It's not a matter of how my directional inputs and that, they are fine. It is more a case of not pushing the button at the right time.

• Advertisement

That's the easy part? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

It's not a matter of how my directional inputs and that, they are fine. It is more a case of not pushing the button at the right time.
    yeah, that takes a bit of getting use to.
    There are a lot of tutorial video's out there and quite a few of them recommend thinking about hitting the "2" just before the "d/f".
    I know it sounds strange but it's actually how i got the muscle memory going myself.
    Just make sure you have "command history" on so ya know where your going wrong! ;)

This may be of some use to you man;
    http://youtu.be/aqYQ1UH6_D8

:thumbu:

Yeah I have started pressing the 2 before I go d/f and it's starting to work for me. Now it's just a matter of grinding it out until I get it consistently.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Yeah I have started pressing the 2 before I go d/f and it's starting to work for me. Now it's just a matter of grinding it out until I get it consistently.
    Yeah bro, its really just about putting in the time.
    Just so you know, you actually have 3frames to input the "2" after hitting the d/f. If that helps you to not rush it too much. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I hope you're all ready for my Changs when I come back and maybe Lee/????

• Advertisement

Maybe one day you can B+2 like me ;)

I can only dream ;_;

Probably will team up Lee with Lili since my Lili is just being a scumbag in solo mode and not doing so hot with Sebastian. Plus that wall damage with Lili and that wall carry with Lee and can get swag team names like Team Money Inc or Team Leeli.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I can only dream ;_;

Probably will team up Lee with Lili since my Lili is just being a scumbag in solo mode and not doing so hot with Sebastian. Plus that wall damage with Lili and that wall carry with Lee and can get swag team names like Team Money Inc or Team Leeli.

You do realize that Money inc. is already a Tekken team in America led by Filthierich.

But none of you are ready for my Lee's dawg. GM got nothing on me. :D

Yeah got that inspiration, it's also name of a team a guy I know uses in SFxT (Ken/Lili)

Prob will put a bit of time into Kaz/Jun as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

My personal goal reached! :) Got Genbu there with a record of 182W 37L 83.1%. Think I might stop ranking now.

It's interesting how you played so little games but still managed to rank that high. You must have got really lucky with the matchups.

Wish I could still play online.... I still think it's good!

Don't look at me like that I'm no Tekken addict! I got an internet break in Pretoria and I wandered here from my email......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I was thinking 'cos I haven't seen you online lately. Hopefully you'll get it sorted out soon and we can get a game going. Oh and well I faced some very good players on my way to getting it. I reverted back to pairing Paul with Yosh for them. I just opened my log there on World Tekken Federation and I had two losses from getting from Savior to Genbu. The matches were (from first to last):

Promoted to Savior

luTheD - (Savior Drag & Conquerer Feng, Conquerer Jin & Conquerer Feng) - 2W
    Kamiya_shin_ - (Destroyer Kunimitsu, Vanq Alisa) 1W
    real-menace - (Genbu Lars & A King) 1W
    CK243 - (Conquerer Law & Raven) - 1W
    Seek92 - (Conquerer Jacks) - 1W
    TrishXRey - (Genbu Lili & Pugilist Anna) - 1L
    Sera_Crack_9 - (Pugilist Lars & Kazuya) - 1W
    MajinKazuyanti1 - (Conquerer Ogre & Anna) - 1W
    DivineJinKazama - (Byakko Jin & Law) - 2W
    Siewcaaa - (Pugilist Raven, Avenger Feng) - 1W
    AerialShooter - (Vanq Lili & Anna) - 1W
    Shoud - (Vanq Marduk & Miguel, & Marduk & A King) - 2W
    HWOARANG_TKD_ - (Savior Hwo, Fighter Kunimitsu) - 1W
    Exorbitantikum - (Destroyer Chreddys) - 1W
    ROCHEFORTI (Pugilist Lili, Duelist Anna) - 1W
    Jinimaru (Vanq Kunimitsu & Unknown) - 1W
    Thermidor (Byakko Bears) - 2W, 1L
    Kyoko-Manjiii (Genbu Yoshimitsu & Raven) - 1W for promotion

It was a long road come to think of it. I don't think I've ever had to win so many matches just to get promoted.

I think I can get around Destroyer/Conqueror level easily but online ranked drives me crazy -_-

I know right. Although what I've noticed is the higher ranks you go through the less people spam and use skill to level up, because it isn't efficient against top players, so you enjoy it more. Still, I don't like the pressure that goes with it when you just want to relax and enjoy a few games.

Yeah I had a long run to green ranks at the start cuz I was starting anew to Tekken but as I know more and punish better, my win rate steadily rises each session :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I usually don't post match footage myself but I reckon there's probably a higher proportion of Tekken players than other games that don't sub my channel, so here's the final of the recent TTT2 tournament from the XGC.

• Advertisement

So Kuro has now been in the two longest grand finals we have ever had.
    I think we should ban Kuro from grand finals. It saves time. :P
    #BanKuro

<3 Doomy

Ha great commentary.

So Kuro has now been in the two longest grand finals we have ever had.
    I think we should ban Kuro from grand finals. It saves time. :P
    #BanKuro

Just pray I never decide to learn Tekken.
    Fergus_ wrote: »
    <3 Doomy

Gra u 2 Fergie
    Ha great commentary.

I have no idea how they kept that stream of conciousness going for a full 40 mins. lol

Doom I actually posted this video in Kor's Tekken Academy on Facebook so hopefully you could be getting a couple more viewers.
    MAX CPM.

Doom I actually posted this video in Kor's Tekken Academy on Facebook so hopefully you could be getting a couple more viewers.
    MAX CPM.

Cheers bud. As always I appreciate any help anyone can give :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

Just pray I never decide to learn Tekken.

Gra u 2 Fergie

I have no idea how they kept that stream of conciousness going for a full 40 mins. lol

OMG! How can one manage to talk non-stop for 40 mins :confused:

trecs wrote: »
    OMG! How can one manage to talk non-stop for 40 mins :confused:

I could talk for hours. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Nice, I wish I could've played!

Looks like the guys got really tired towards the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

I could talk for hours. :D

:eek:

Advertisement