Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

So finally sat down and got my first games in on the Korean stick and streamed it :) However, due to my stick being one of the few sticks that aren't compatible with the Korean stick part (case doesn't close without dremeling away some plastic first), that didn't stop me :P I played with the panel unscrewed resting above the stick case :P Found a good mishima player and had some casual games with him, here's the result!

Excuse sloppy execution, my punishment was off and I'm still getting used to a Korean bat top, all I can say is that wavedashing and BDCing is a whole world more fluid on these things, they feel very good and almost natural-esque to play on, if that makes sense. There's a game in there where I pick Jun by mistake :pac: But yeah excuse the sloppiness and enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I have a confession.

I'm a filthy Chang user D:

http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/ps3/fergus2k8

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Just team her with Asuka. You'll never go back when you see the combo damage.

Jaycee df2,1,5 Asuka db4,3,5 Chang Shotgun bound TA Asuka b2,4,3,5 Chang Shining wizard, pretty cool. So many tags in this combo

I was thinking of Asuka/Michelle for a while :O

But Miharu's staying on the main team for now.

I use Christie and Asuka full time now. The team is pretty hot hot hot!

• Advertisement

What happened to Julia? :(

Julia died in T6BR..... only Jaycee now :(...... I'll have a pocket Chang always in case I'm desperate, but I don't relying on the Chang execution....

df1 on FC...into ff3

4~2 spacing

shotgun mixups kinda useless unless opponent freezes

MA is gone now and I have to do Fuc***g iSW now at point blank to get decent oki....

They are awesome, but I'm a bit tired of abusing their lows and grabs since against really good players they'll defend against them.

They're still pretty sick though I guess, 4~2 spacing is tricky, adjusting to it.

Nice sig too :)

Oh yeah they destroy intermediate players. Which is 95% of people...

lol yeah, sig is funny!

Also, please don't make me learn Christie temporarily to learn matchup D:

• Advertisement

It's for your own good, and my inherent cheapness.

........ Stuff

I liked Asuka way before you!!!!!!!!!

And even if you kicked my ass in the last 1v1 Asuka match it just makes me want to love her more :)

You should try capos, you'll love how different they are, like when you try Yoshi the first time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

I liked Asuka way before you!!!!!!!!!

And even if you kicked my ass in the last 1v1 Asuka match it just makes me want to love her more :)

You should try capos, you'll love how different they are, like when you try Yoshi the first time :D

Queeeer!:P

no u :pac:

Eoin, I've actually wanted to try Tiger for a while to see what capos are like lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

ok i'll leave the couple alone! :P

Some new Michelle tech.

Charge unblockable, cancel it then iWR1.

WR1 or dash hopkick.

The oldie 1,1,4_crouch grab, this can also be done from d,df1 and mix up with low followup

First hit of hopkick then mad axes regardless of hit/block

This one is Jaycee exclusive, bound combo then moonsault tech trap, catches quickrise.

I'm working on some new stuff in training mode later, stay tuned.

EDIT: iWR x 2/3 then hopkick

Gonna learn Changs and get better with them than you Gus cause I'm a dick like that ;)

I doubt that but OK!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Recca Kusanagi

Hey guys, my gf just got me a Hori Fight Stick 3 as a present.

I was wondering if that's a good starter and if its also moddable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Wouldn't have a clue lad but I'm sure other people who visit this thread would know.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Decent starter stick, but not easy to mod.

Button holes are 28.5mm (Japanese standard is 30mm) and the case is too shallow for easy installation of all J-sticks other than Seimitsu LS-33.

Switches in the stick should last a good long time, not sure about the buttons.

Keep practicing though, because what'll cost you matches are bad execution.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I doubt that but OK!

ur dead >:|

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

I started off with a Hori Fighting stick 3. Quite liked it on starting off with a fighting stick. Moved on from it, but if you're trying to get use to it, I say that's fine. No point spending 200 Euro only to drop a fighting stick in the future (particularly if you prefer a pad).

For modding, I don't know about mods. :v

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Decent starter stick, but not easy to mod.

Button holes are 28.5mm (Japanese standard is 30mm) and the case is too shallow for easy installation of all J-sticks other than Seimitsu LS-33.

Switches in the stick should last a good long time, not sure about the buttons.

Keep practicing though, because what'll cost you matches are bad execution.

Cheers. I was also told it's recommended to change the restrictor since it initially comes with a square gate? That true?

MazManZero wrote: »
    I started off with a Hori Fighting stick 3. Quite liked it on starting off with a fighting stick. Moved on from it, but if you're trying to get use to it, I say that's fine. No point spending 200 Euro only to drop a fighting stick in the future (particularly if you prefer a pad).

For modding, I don't know about mods. :v

Thanks Maz. Pretty determined to learn how to use stick. :D Is the big switch really difficult as people say? As in roughly how long will it take to adjust? It's almost feels like learning to walk again lol.

I took me one month to get competent. And two months to get to a level where I could actually win matches comfortably.

I guess it depends on how well and often you practice! I played about an hour most days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Cheers. I was also told it's recommended to change the restrictor since it initially comes with a square gate? That true?

I wouldn't do this. You'll get comfortable with either over time but the square is better at hitting the diagonals and you'll have the benefit of being able to play on the vast majority of sticks/arcade cabs.

Orim wrote: »
    I wouldn't do this. You'll get comfortable with either over time but the square is better at hitting the diagonals and you'll have the benefit of being able to play on the vast majority of sticks/arcade cabs.

Is the square gate also good for circular inputs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Pretty determined to learn how to use stick. :D Is the big switch really difficult as people say? As in roughly how long will it take to adjust? It's almost feels like learning to walk again lol.
    Yeah...I remember that feeling! :(....****!
    I was playing atleast 2hrs a day and for me it took me 3months to feel competent! :mad:
    The level of execution in your char/play-style definitely affect this.
    (*cough* BSG doesn't know HOW to play execution heavy chars! :P *cough*)

Its definitely worth it tho man. No doubt.

And as for the restictor, I'd agree with Orim on this. Stick with the square-gate.

On that note.
    @ramza: I assume you modded an existing stick to put in your bat-top K-stick yeah? Or did you buy a complete new stick all-together?

Advertisement