Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Christie and Miguel is working well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Hands off my Miggy! :pac:

I never thought we'd actually be running out of characters :/

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

Ramza wrote: »
    Play DVJ, problem solved :P

Actually no, I don't want people abusing my own BS against me :pac:

*cough* *cough*

Christie and Miguel is working well!
    Fergus_ wrote: »
    Hands off my Miggy! :pac:

Love triangle? :D

• Advertisement

Bob's a big ass troll....

Miguel is sexyyy

Bob's a big ass troll....

Miguel is sexyyy

Errrm correction - you're bigger than me so ... that makes your arse Bigger! :eek:

:D:D:D

Problem is her combo potential with Asuka is meh.... So I think I'd have to drop Asuka if I was gonna take Christie as my new main. It's so important to capitalize on juggles in this game :(

Apart from that though they're a dream team.

I'd need a good turtle to team with Christie... can't think of any others though really... any suggestions? Maybe Dragonov or Wang?

Good turtles.... hmmmm :confused:

I'd recommend Dragunov as his pokes is way better than Wang's (in my opinion)

and mix-and-match with high or low or mid! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

trecs wrote: »
    *cough* *cough*

Admit it, DVJ is a cock, I just embrace da bull**** :pac:

• Advertisement

Admit it, DVJ is a cock, I just embrace da bull**** :pac:

Nope try DVJ on T6 :D

^ that's why they've 'downgraded' him drastically on T6BR :P

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Fergus_ wrote: »

Nah dawg it has got to be either Tekken force chick or Touguo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Yeah I'd say maybe the best time to meet would be at the next tournament or ranbats session?

I'm still in such a character crisis :(

Are you just working in Dublin for the summer Glitzko?
    Its permanently - so whenever suits! Will do Fergus I might put up a thread if I have a day off or whatever and get one going. Would you still be up for coming during the summer?

How can anyone deny DJ is a cheap bastard in TTT2? :P I main him, and I admit it :P

How can anyone deny DJ is a cheap bastard in TTT2? :P I main him, and I admit it :P

Well ... I've been using DVJ since God Knows .. T5 - and by far he's very cheap in T6 than TTT2 :P

Whats cheap about DJ? I know according to the Koreans or whatever he's the bees knees but to be good with takes good execution.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

trecs wrote: »
    Errrm correction - you're bigger than me so ... that makes your arse Bigger! :eek:

:D:D:D
    :pac::pac::pac:

I can't make this all nighter unfortunately.
    Mu bro's coming back from galway for the wkend, and I've got some celebrating to do with my missus! ;)

Looking forward to this stream tho, what little there will be.

@BSG:
    Just watch some Bohee play man.:eek::eek:
    DAMN that guy know's how to poke!!

In the recent LUYG tutorial, MYK said Mig's BDc is on the same level as Chreddies. I think he's a great turtle for you man.

On T6 - he can drain yer life bar on one hellsweep + juggle, his 1,1,2 is wall splat and can follow up with a wall juggle,

he's considered a heavyweight on that version of tekken - wherein almost all of the players back in the Philippines have a DVJ card.

usually they just complain about the db+2 of DVJ - dunno why 'they' complain about that???? :D

Whats cheap about DJ? I know according to the Koreans or whatever he's the bees knees but to be good with takes good execution.

• He has a high crush low thats -12 on block, can only be punished with a WS4 or something that's i12 from a crouch. it's not launch punishable!:eek:, it's almost an unseen low, no one outside Korea is reacting to that (with the exception of a few American players) It's +5 on hit and leaves the opponent in Full Crouch, it's ridiculous!
    • His uf+4 is more or less the same thing in reverse. A low crush mid that is safe on block, gives knock down on hit and gives great oki
    • His HS is ridiculously good still (not broken like in 6.0 anyway :pac:) it's +5, is unseeable (unreactable out of a wavedash), leaves the opponent in Full Crouch right in DVJ's face
    • He's a Mishima so he's mobile, if you can wavedash consistently or lightdash, he becomes scarier, much scarier. His DMG is also really good, but so is all the Mishimas
    • He has one of the best TA fillers in the game
    • His new move, f3+4, is insane, really great wall carry (DJ lacked good wall carry options in T6 if you ask me), you can do it out of a lot of moves. For example you can ff+3,1,ff,f3+4, it looks wonky, that move has a ridiculous hitbox! It will fully connect as a combo ender no matter what lengt
    • His mid/poke game is great, df+1, b4, ff+2, b,f+2,1, ws2 out of WD for mixups, and he gets a full combo off the latter (also, all those said pokes are safe apart from WS2 :o)

List goes on. Really really solid character with way too many good tools if you ask me. Also his electric got a buff from T6, it tracks much better now AFAIK. He's ridiculously good, he's cheap, has scumbag moves, there's the proof :P

• Advertisement

Yeah Miguel is SICK, dem pokes kreygasm.

There's an unofficial stream for TTT2 pools btw, gonna be on later. http://www.twitch.tv/iebattlegrounds2

@ Novi, not gonna be coming up much over the summer, money's a bit tight but when I come back for college in Sept, I'm usually in most sessions.

• He has a high crush low thats -12 on block, can only be punished with a WS4 or something that's i12, it's not launch punishable!:eek:, it's almost an unseen low, no one outside Korea is reacting to that (with the exception of a few American players) It's +5 on hit and leaves the opponent in Full Crouch, it's ridiculous!
    • His uf+4 is more or less the same thing in reverse. A low crush mid that is safe on block, gives knock down on hit and gives great oki
    • His HS is ridiculously good still (not broken like in 6.0 anyway :pac:) it's +5, is unseeable (unreactable out of a wavedash), leaves the opponent in Full Crouch right in DVJ's face
    • He's a Mishima so he's mobile, if you can wavedash consistently or lightdash, he becomes scarier, much scarier. His DMG is also really good, but so is all the Mishimas
    • He has one of the best TA fillers in the game
    • His new move, f3+4, is insane, really great wall carry (DJ lacked good wall carry options in T6 if you ask me), you can do it out of a lot of moves. For example you can ff+3,1,ff,f3+4, it looks wonky, that move has a ridiculous hitbox! It will fully connect as a combo ender no matter what lengt
    • His mid/poke game is great, df+1, b4, ff+2, b,f+2,1, ws2 out of WD for mixups, and he gets a full combo off the latter (also, all those said pokes are safe apart from WS2 :o)

List goes on. Really really solid character with way too many good tools if you ask me. Also his electric got a buff from T6, it tracks much better now AFAIK. He's ridiculously good, he's cheap, has scumbag moves, there's the proof :P

Well .. that saves me the time of going into zaibatsu :D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Also, u4. And a unique wakeup option. Because he -needs- that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

How hard is it to learn EWGF using a pad? I don't feel like learning to use one of those arcade board things but I feel like you'd be missing out if you learned one of the Mishimas and couldn't do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Newaglish wrote: »
    How hard is it to learn EWGF using a pad?
    Personally, I feel its hard to do on PS pad. But, I don't play PS often.
    My problem is in hitting the diagonals, so...
    But, Kuro impressed me the last day pulling off EWGF's on pad, so...
    Either himself, Jason or ray would give you a better answer to that question tbh man.
    Newaglish wrote: »
    I don't feel like learning to use one of those arcade board things but I feel like you'd be missing out if you learned one of the Mishimas and couldn't do it?
    Your right in saying that.
    If you can't ewgf, you shouldn't play mishima's.
    But, you can learn to do it.

Furthermore,
    You need to put in the time to learn to wavedash into the various options.
    Whether your playing on stick or pad, you'll need to put in the time to do it.

Its all about being willing to put in the practice hours man.

RE: DVJ

His u+4 has almost the same "crush" ability as Lars u/f+3... so, yeah.
    Along with everything else it's pretty BS... LOL!

But, he still does take quite a bit of execution to excel really.
    I find his movement clunkier than Kaz and Jin tho...

O_O (Everyone secretly learns DJ)

Yeah I have been going with Miguel and Christie recently... they're so less predictable than most of the cast I find thanks to invisible SAV transitions and random RLX.

DJ is cheap because of his db2, END OF STORY!

It's way too good to be only -12 on block what a load of BS :(

Do you have an exact time pools start Fergus?

• Advertisement

Nah but it should be pretty soon (should be on now infact lol)

Advertisement