Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

BTW I want to see vampire girl and Little Ganryu in TR!!!!!!!!!!! HOW COOL IS THAT??? :D

But personally I've always wanted a female Tai Qwan do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

Yeah I have been going with Miguel and Christie recently... they're so less predictable than most of the cast I find thanks to invisible SAV transitions and random RLX.

DJ is cheap because of his db2, END OF STORY!

It's way too good to be only -12 on block what a load of BS :(

Do you have an exact time pools start Fergus?
    Cheaper than b+3? :p

O_O (Everyone secretly learns DJ)

It's not a secret anymore

trecs wrote: »
    Cheaper than b+3? :p

Hey MR Troll lookie here...... b3 is like minus a million on block, everyone gets a free launch... :P

Of course.... you have to be a half decent Tekken player to punish it :eek:

Hey MR Troll lookie here...... b3 is like minus a million on block, everyone gets a free launch... :P

Of course.... you have to be a half decent Tekken player to punish it :eek:
    Right... (Sarcasm) :D

How bout the ss+2 then? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Fergus_ wrote: »

Effff!!!! Need to go home :( phone bat running low and can't leave the pub :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

What exactly is this EVO thing?

EVO is the biggest tournament in America each year.

Really bad bad Asuka Jaycee team on stream now :(

Skeering, you should pick Lars with Christie :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I don't agree with people saying if you can't electric don't play Mishimas, that's bad advice. It's a high poke, yes, it's amazing, I'm not doubting that, I wouldn't say it's integral or of such importance that it warrants playing the character or not

The Mishimas have so so much more doing for them than the electric. BUT, saying that, if you can't Crouch Dash comfortably or pull off CD moves, after practicing mishimas for a while, I'd then say drop them. CDing is a huge part of the mishima game. It gets their offense/mixup going. Just start in baby steps practicing your crouch dashes and proceed to wavedash etc, EWGF will come in no time then

Ramza wrote: »
    I don't agree with people saying if you can't electric don't play Mishimas, that's bad advice. It's a high poke, yes, it's amazing, I'm not doubting that, I wouldn't say it's integral or of such importance that it warrants playing the character or not

The Mishimas have so so much more doing for them than the electric. BUT, saying that, if you can't Crouch Dash comfortably or pull off CD moves, after practicing mishimas for a while, I'd then say drop them. CDing is a huge part of the mishima game. It gets their offense/mixup going. Just start in baby steps practicing your crouch dashes and proceed to wavedash etc, EWGF will come in no time then

Or you could just pick Lars Christie.....

Or Sake :o

Or you could just pick Lars Christie.....

Or Sake :o

Eoin Out of interest - you goin tom. at the tolka bar?:D as I 'might' not be able to make it to the all nighter due to I have work on monday :P

There isn't a TTT2 tourney there tomorrow. :eek:

OMG .. ... ... well .. i'll head over sunday for a couple or few hours .. can't stay as work needs me as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Top 8 for Tekken at Evo just started. Contrary to what I thought JDCR isn't there. But both Nin and Knee are in winners.

http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1

Nin/Knee is on right now!

www.twitch.tv/srkevo1/old

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Bronson Tran is back. I was so hype seeing him bop Nin. Literally jumping out of my seat whilst watching that match.

Too bad he couldn't close Knee out... still well done! Better than RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Right, not looking to rip into you or anything man, cause you know I'm not like that, but i feel compelled to correct this as both yourself and Bento have said it...

EWGF is NOT A POKE!:mad:

It is a pressuring tool/whiff and launch punisher, but it is certainly NOT A POKE.

A poke has low risk, low reward.

EWGF is used to put the opponent @-5 and afraid to move with its ridiculous hit-box and tracking.
    It is a phenominal whiff punisher and launch punisher @ i13~14f depending on your mishima.
    It is used to make ppl duck which then brings in the rest of the CD game.

Whiffed/ducked EWGF is BAAAAD.
    So, it cannot be a poke.
    I can tell you know, if I'm playing against a mishima who doesn't use an EWGF, i will be interupting his CD game all bloody day!

Its has stupid range, speed, +frames on block, and tracking, and can be done out of CD.

EWGF is not as essential to DVJ or Hei play, but it still is essential.
    What i mean by this is they can choose not to rely on it as much, however, you still have to throw it out to make your opponent afraid to interupt, make him duck and/or pressure.

IT MAKES PPL SCARED. :eek:

If you aint using it, you aint gonna be a succesful mishima player, and DEFINITELY not even a decent Kaz player.

• Advertisement

Guys I finally decided on a main team lol.... you are all gonna hate me :D

If it has Christie on it, I hate you already D:

EWGF is really hard to whiff punish and to duck+punish lol, guess I gotta be quicker about it but it recovers really fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

We ALREADY do! :P :pac:

Fergus_ wrote: »
    EWGF is really hard to whiff punish and to duck+punish lol, guess I gotta be quicker about it but it recovers really fast.
    Na fergie.
    You just need to practice against it a little. The hit-box "de-activates" really quickly, even tho they still have electricity around them.
    Just go into practice and record yourself doing one and try punishing earlier and earlier.
    IIRC you can duck and get an Asuka u/f+3 if you time it right, thats how launch punishable it is.

BSG whiff punishes me for it all the time.

Although mostly I do f1+2 to punish with Asuka since it's quicker and safer with better range (aside from being high)

No it has no Christie.... her and Miguel are a backup team :p (in case I need to gimmick people out)

Thank god I know Miguel a bit then lol!

I bet it's Bruce or something.

Bruce and Lars are both pretty awesome...

You wouldn't dare.. D:

Haha no, they're good but my decision is not as honorable as that unfortunately :)

Just show me tomorrow then! :D

• Advertisement

Still couldn't decide a character to stick too ... tsk tsk tsk .. what a $*&^!

:eek:

Advertisement