Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

Although mostly I do f1+2 to punish with Asuka since it's quicker and safer with better range (aside from being high)

No it has no Christie.... her and Miguel are a backup team :p(in case I need to gimmick people out)

you mean where people have checked your move from yer main :D ????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

EWGF is most certainly a poke, and can be used as a poke, why wouldn't it be? Because you can duck it? You can duck any high move/poke in this game, what's the difference? The only time EWGF becomes high risk is if your opponent just hold crouch and ducks all the time, :P, which isn't going to happen anyway, and even so, you wouldn't electric if you seen someone crouching :) It's a poke/pressure tool/whiff punisher, if you're not poking with it and scaring your opponent with it out of your cd game, then you're not playing Mishimas properly.

I was just making the point that I think telling someone if they can't EWGF with Mishimas don't learn them. I mean, EWGF doesn't come overnight. Nor does a wavedash. It's baby steps, but I mean, I've never seen a mishima player who can wavedash/mixup from CDs but not EWGF, you get me? They go hand in hand, so learning Mishimas is exactly that, it's learning everything, EWGF isn't going to magically change anyones game if they lack Mishima fundamentals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

So then - anyone around for a few games tomorrow evening? I'll be moving up and be at nothing for the afternoon. Help a bro out. :(

@Ramza - Granted it's online, but I've seen Mishima players who don't EWGF and still get to a high standard, so I agree with you. Saying that though some of these players relied heavily on grabs and other commands people tend to spam online because there's less time to react.

I definitely think Kaz's EWGF is more essential to his game than the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

So then - anyone around for a few games tomorrow evening? I'll be moving up and be at nothing for the afternoon. Help a bro out. :(

You should come to the allnighter we're having tomorrow, people are gonna start coming at like 6/7 and there's loads of consoles to play casuals on and Evo streams on the side.

• Advertisement

Apologies for the triple post.

Vote for the new next Tekken character. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Hi man, I'm coming up tomorrow for the day so I can meet you early if you like?

What time would suite? :)

The training room between ranked matches is so gdlk, gives me a chance to practice WDing and likes.

I can WD okish on both sides but my elecs sucks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I'm probably going to be getting into Dublin around 4 PM so if anyone wants to head to the XGC for casuals then I will give them a few games because I would rather not be bumming around Dublin doing nothing for a couple of hours.

You can come play my awesome main team if you like?

Maybe Glitzko and James will be there also if we're lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Oh I forgot to mention to you guys, I finally found a good partner for Kuni. :eek:

This character was my OG main. ;)

I'd say around 5-6 onwards? Would that be alright?

It's about 20 euros in if you want to stay for allnighter btw.

I definitely recommend it, it's always been good fun.

I'd say around 5-6 onwards? Would that be alright?

Yeah that could be alright! Let's say 6 at the earliest then, to give other people as big a chance as possible to come.

I'll PM you my phone. I have no idea how early I can come yet to be honest.. :( But I'll try for 6

Yeah can be in Dublin for about 4 ish too! Westmeath warriors represent

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

Won't be able to stay for the all nighter, but I wouldn't mind heading down at 4pm for some casual gaming at least. :v

I'll be there for 7ish

Anakin streaming and he's providing very helpful information while playing people from the stream chat.

http://www.twitch.tv/hoaluu629

That stream is Awesome!

Quite impressed by Speedkicks Hwo

Shoutouts to Ogre's b1+2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Shoutouts to Ogre's b1+2

#nerfogre

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

@Ramza:
    You either didn't bother to read my post in its entirety or you simply couldn't understand it.
    I aint trying to relate my thoughts to someone who can't be bothered to even address my points properly in their response.

So, a dictionary style definition for you;

"poke: to do minor damage to an opponent, usually for the purposes of hit-and-run tactics, disrupt combos, or setting up for bigger damaging moves "
    (Source: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Tekken_Jargon#P)
    So, what exactly do you use EWGF to set-up again??? :P
    And,
    whether you agree with my thoughts on EWGF of not, it simply cannot be a poke by the simple fact that it launches on NH.

Also;
    Note the number of times EWGF is mentioned as a poke: http://www.levelupyourgame.com/tag/kazuya/

The answer is, ofcourse, ZERO.

They do refer to it as a punisher/whiff punisher/pressure tool though.....:rolleyes:

Anyways,
    That Bronson match was hype as hell! :D Was amazing watching it.
    It was also interesting to see him strugglin against "stringbean", tho, he did take him out in the end.

@BSG:
    Yeah i've watched speed kicks a number of times. His Hwo is good, but, the times I've watched himin the Iron Fist League, the other guys still haven't adapted to defending against Hwo properly. He gets away with an awful lot!
    Will check out those matches later tho.

He abused the hell out of his parabellum kicks (or whatever their called).

Unfortunately Ramza we didn't play last night.... amazing how fast the night goes!

GGs to all I played! Nice to get some offline after such a long period of online lol.

Asuka/Lili best team.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Asuka/Lili best team.

Why thank you..... best tag throws anyway. Can't believe they have no super combo :(

I hope you liked my Changs :pac:

It is annoying to be on the opposite end of Chang fury :(

Think I'll go back to Anna and Nina. Team Irish bbz

Gonna have to revisit my Anna/Miguel team and my Alisa/Leo as well :pac:

@Ramza:
    You either didn't bother to read my post in its entirety or you simply couldn't understand it.
    I aint trying to relate my thoughts to someone who can't be bothered to even address my points properly in their response.

So, a dictionary style definition for you;

"poke: to do minor damage to an opponent, usually for the purposes of hit-and-run tactics, disrupt combos, or setting up for bigger damaging moves "
    (Source: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Tekken_Jargon#P)
    So, what exactly do you use EWGF to set-up again??? :P
    And,
    whether you agree with my thoughts on EWGF of not, it simply cannot be a poke by the simple fact that it launches on NH.

Also;
    Note the number of times EWGF is mentioned as a poke: http://www.levelupyourgame.com/tag/kazuya/

The answer is, ofcourse, ZERO.

They do refer to it as a punisher/whiff punisher/pressure tool though.....:rolleyes:

No I read it, it just made 0 sense. I agree 100% its a whiff punisher/launcher etc, but that doesn't mean it can't be a poke :confused: EWGF isn't strictly limited to that function. It can be used as a poke. End of discussion. I don't see what you're failing to see here? You can poke at your opponents defense with it and force them to crouch. It's +5. So by your logic you can't use an electric unless it's gonna hit? Well you can, it's call poking. (I will say it is stupid to keep doing them recklessly but my point still stands, it can be used as a poke)

For further proof, even though I've given enough, lots of pokes in this game will launch on CH. An example is AK's DF+3. A move isn't always confined to one function, and EWGF isn't either. I wont reply to any more posts regarding this argument

I don't care for dictionary definitions, but, I'll bite.
    to do minor damage to an opponent, usually for the purposes of hit-and-run tactics, disrupt combos, or setting up for bigger damaging moves

EWGF does damage last time I checked, I have no idea what that hit and run thing means, that's totally counter intuitive and makes 0 sense, yeah EWGF can disrupt combos, it's called a CH and tonnes of pokes in this game do that :pac:

I use EWGF to setup my combos :confused:, and establish a pressure game? All linking back to what a poke is

Ok nice logic. LevelUpYourGame don't mention EWGF as a poke therefore it mustn't be :pac: Awesome

What's the difference between a high poke that's + on block, launches on CH, establishes pressure and has potential to launch, and the EWGF? There is no difference. 0

You refer to EWGF as a pressure tool but not a poke, so by that logic a poke isn't a pressure tool? And by that same logic EWGF can only be used to whiff punish people then? Since it's not a poke according to you. I'm sorry but you're making no sense

• Advertisement

Advertisement