Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Ramza wrote: »
    No I read it, it just made 0 sense. I agree 100% its a whiff punisher/launcher etc, but that doesn't mean it can't be a poke :confused: EWGF isn't strictly limited to that function. It can be used as a poke. End of discussion. I don't see what you're failing to see here? You can poke at your opponents defense with it and force them to crouch. It's +5. So by your logic you can't use an electric unless it's gonna hit? Well you can, it's call poking. (I will say it is stupid to keep doing them recklessly but my point still stands, it can be used as a poke)

For further proof, even though I've given enough, lots of pokes in this game will launch on CH. An example is AK's DF+3. A move isn't always confined to one function, and EWGF isn't either. I wont reply to any more posts regarding this argument

I don't care for dictionary definitions, but, I'll bite.
    Why do you talk about moves having more than one function when's its clear that has nothing to do with anything?
    I've already referred to EWGF having 3 functions... :rolleyes:

Here's the problem man.
    What you term "poking", every-one else call's "pressure".
    If your using "pokes", such as Lee's D/f+1, Jin's d+4, and other little attacks which do minor damage, thats called "poking-pressure"
    What everyone else call's "poking", is what I've posted above.
    EWGF does damage last time I checked
    Yes, it launches ,therefore, it doesn't do chipdamge nor does it set-up anything on hit. So, it cannot be a poke.
    If you using it, knowing the opponent is going to guard, then your applying "EWGF pressure", NOT POKING PRESSURE
    I use EWGF to setup my combos :confused:, and establish a pressure game? All linking back to what a poke is
    Again; this is EWGF pressure, not poking.
    Ok nice logic. LevelUpYourGame don't mention EWGF as a poke therefore it mustn't be :pac: Awesome
    Indeed.:rolleyes:
    Though, i didn't just direct you to them though did I?
    I also directed you to "tekkenzaibatsu", the premier site for tekken knowledge, which is where I got that definition for you.
    My point being that the people who look to educate the community have a very different opinion to you.
    I can site man many more from different source if you like?
    What's the difference between a high poke that's + on block, launches on CH, establishes pressure and has potential to launch, and the EWGF? There is no difference. 0
    Again,
    It doesn't poke.
    There are pokes in this game that launch on CH, sure. We call those pokes that do, CH launchers.
    But there are no pokes that launch on NH. They called launchers.
    You refer to EWGF as a pressure tool but not a poke, so by that logic a poke isn't a pressure tool?
    :pac::pac::pac:
    You already gone on about moves having multiple properties and now you see them as mutually exclusive cause it suits you! LMFAO!
    Sure pokes are used to apply pressure, but in a different way to EWGF.
    Pokes don't launch on NH. EWGF does. Its a launcher.
    And by that same logic EWGF can only be used to whiff punish people then?
    Again, I've said it mutiple times, that EWGF is all 3 of Punisher, Whiff Punisher and pressure tool.

Anyway,
    My whole point (earlier) was that if your using it to apply pressure too regularly, its rather risky.
    It is an attack which transfers a lot of guard stun to your opponent.
    If these attack's are whiffed/avoided you get launched.
    So, if you want to apply pressure without risking soo much, the mishima's have other options which you'd want to use.

@BSG:
    I lol'ed when i seen you using the correct term! :)
    Glad to see that the time you spend battling my Hwo might have bore some fruit.... :P

Re: your tierlist;
    You taking the piss with jinpachi man! lol!
    I'd love to say your on the "evo" band wagon, but i know you rate him since well before bronson did so well this evo.

Really surprised you have jack and lei so far to the inside.
    What do they have over paul and hwo that they're in this position?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I glanced over a bit of your reply and I stopped reading because I cba to read and reply, you're just wrong, sorry

So it's a pressure tool and not a poke? What are you talking about? So pokes aren't pressure? This isn't hard to grasp. I've put forward very straight forward reasons why it's a poke too, I've explained it, you're agreeing with me pretty much :pac:

Like I said
    I wont reply to any more posts regarding this argument

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

King being up there is pretty weird, doesn't he have pretty bad lows?

I think Jun is a little better than people give her credit for, at least not at the very bottom.

If you're going by the flaws/well rounded, what makes you put Paul all the way over there? He seems like a pretty solid character. I think Xiao should be a bit more to the flawed side because she's really bad at forcing people to duck, 50/50 BT throw isn't scary at all tbh. Lili bit more flawed as well because she's really easy to SS and whiff punish. A.King should be wayyyyy over in the well rounded side, he's one of the most well rounded characters imo.

I think Miguel's a bit too high, he really struggles with SSL and his homing move is a bit slow. (f4)

Besides that, looks ok! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

I glanced over a bit of your reply and I stopped reading because I cba to read and reply, you're just wrong, sorry

So it's a pressure tool and not a poke? What are you talking about? So pokes aren't pressure? This isn't hard to grasp. I've put forward very straight forward reasons why it's a poke too, I've explained it, you're agreeing with me pretty much :pac:

Like I said

This is the first time i've heard about EWGF as a poke .. dude that is soooo wrong :cool: ... pokes AFAIK doesn't require technical movements ie. any players can do it without having to practice doing it.

This can go on and on and on but to be honest .. ask any hardcore mishima players and they'd agree that EWGF is not a poke.

just my 0.05 cents btw (if that even counts)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

EWGF's are pokes for Angel because all she has are that and Twin Pistons. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Who said said means said? This may be hypocritical coming from me, but can we not argue over this? Tekken community is doing well enough, don't need a silly argument like this to force a wedge in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

:confused: :P

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Who said said means said? This may be hypocritical coming from me, but can we not argue over this? Tekken community is doing well enough, don't need a silly argument like this to force a wedge in it.

Stay out of it Kuro :mad: you don't play proper Mishima's. :D

Stay out of it Kuro :mad: you don't play proper Mishima's. :D

Still have better Mishimas than you. <.<

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Still have better Mishimas than you. <.<
    You haven't seen my Angel dawg. :cool:

• Advertisement

You haven't seen my Angel dawg. :cool:

I don't need to, dawg.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

lol cool thread (sarcasm)

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

You taking the piss with jinpachi man! lol!
    I'd love to say your on the "evo" band wagon, but i know you rate him since well before bronson did so well this evo.

Really surprised you have jack and lei so far to the inside.
    What do they have over paul and hwo that they're in this position?

Yeah ever since I learned the Jinpachi matchup I was so shocked to see how good he was, seriously. Great punishment, great CH game, amazing tag fillers and combo damage. About his only flaw is a high risk lows for not amazing reward.

Paul has to take really risky 50/50's. So does Hwo as his pressure is very susceptible to SS and random duck. I just think that Jack and Lei have more solid mixups that are more effective if they choose to play that way. Also less risky.
    Fergus_ wrote: »
    King being up there is pretty weird, doesn't he have pretty bad lows?

I think Jun is a little better than people give her credit for, at least not at the very bottom.

If you're going by the flaws/well rounded, what makes you put Paul all the way over there? He seems like a pretty solid character. I think Xiao should be a bit more to the flawed side because she's really bad at forcing people to duck, 50/50 BT throw isn't scary at all tbh. Lili bit more flawed as well because she's really easy to SS and whiff punish. A.King should be wayyyyy over in the well rounded side, he's one of the most well rounded characters imo.

I think Miguel's a bit too high, he really struggles with SSL and his homing move is a bit slow. (f4)

Besides that, looks ok! :D

King having bad lows is exactly the reason that I put him all the way on the left. Not overall well rounded.

I guess Jun will always divide people. But personally I think she's one of the worst in the game (albeit she is still more than capable of winning). I could go into reasons but you know why she has to take bigger risks than most. Also her punishment is very very bad. First launch at i16 frames with her crap hopkick or mediocre b3 is not great.

Paul is a really awesome character, which is why I put him high tier. But he has to take extremely risky 50/50's to open people up with demo man, phoenix smasher and d1 mixups. Hence I think he is flawed.

To be honest with xaioyu I didn't think it mattered where I put her. At that tier everyone is flawed and I didn't put much thought into it :( But yeah I think you're right.

Lili I think is really really rounded. Her only weakness really is to SS her. But so long as she sticks to pokes etc and not strings, utilises SS herself and SS wiff punishes with hopkicks etc... I think it's hard to fault her. Her punishment is also really good now in this game.

Yeah you could be right about A. King. But his notable lows are react able, launch punishable etc. Except d3 I think it is? Oh well I put him in the middle. Not to the far left :p

Yeah, they require execution but can be used as a poke :L Yeah as Kuro said silly argument, I use em as a poke anyway just fine :pac: :P

EWGF is IMBA!!

Also GGs to kuro love the law steve team, rly fun games looking forward to playing next time (hopefully I can use my own K stick next time and give you a little bit more of a challenge instead being free)

you're just wrong, sorry
    Sure I am man....:rolleyes:
    Myself, the LUYG crew (who are top american players), and the knowledgable tekkenzaibatsu members who wrote the tekken definition I posted ealrlier (who include in their ranks some of the best players in the world)... they're ALL WRONG ....

I also see you don't know what a classical pressuring tool is either! (by that, I specifically mean an attack who's primary function is to use when applying pressure, specifically, attacks which transfer a lot of block stun).
    Well,
    since you can't be arsed to read, not just my post's, but about the tekken game in general, whats the point in trying to enlighten you on the differences of applying pressure and "pressuring tools" with an erudite answer?

One point I will conceed though.
    The fact that, attacks which transfer a lot of block-stun are commenly labelled "pressuring tools" leads one to misinterpret other tools which can be used to apply pressure, though through other methods.

I don't write up the jargon man!
    But,
    If i did, I'd called them "block-stun-pressure tools" ;)
    Ahhh... Bento! :D lol!
    The first hit of TP is actually a poke man. lol!
    Paul has to take really risky 50/50's. So does Hwo as his pressure is very susceptible to SS and random duck. I just think that Jack and Lei have more solid mixups that are more effective if they choose to play that way. Also less risky.
    AH! Your all about the 50/50's man! :P
    Beside's, Jack has poor tracking and lots of unsafe shizzz that he relies upon not to mention his lack of mobility.

Lei has some tracking issue too man, but, I agree that he's really very good in the right hands. :cool: (read: Furimizu ;) )
    Paul...well, I'm not an very knowledgable so i can't really comment.

Hwo, well, I personally think your wrong. Hwo can adapt. All depends on the player...
    If "Speedkicks" was abusing the parabellum kick's like you say, then I guarantee he was catching 'em a lot of the time from ppl SS'ing!

King also has ASS for frames too man!
    A.King should be wayyyyy over in the well rounded side, he's one of the most well rounded characters imo.
    He's vulnerable to SS and I personally feel he lacks a little in the pressuring department, but he is very well rounded.

block stun

+5

End of discussion

I think DJ and AK are a really good team, they compliment each other well, DJ TA filler even lets AK do SW at the end even if the combo is huge! :o, great tag buffering ability etc. AK d+3 is dirty!

Also, mist :P
    He's vulnerable to SS and I personally feel he lacks a little in the pressuring department, but he is very well rounded.

I agree, his tracking is really bad! As far as I know, his only tracking moves are d/f1+2, and b+3? And they are pretty bad :( You can literally sidestep cap punishment on reaction and own him with a free launch :(

I really like AK's pressure actually, I think he has some awesome tools, d+3 is nuts, df+1 of course is really good! DF+3 is pretty good too and gives a launch on CH and d+4 is nuts! I think his GS is also great for pressure, also, d+1,4 is great for panic :P (even tho its -10 on block) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Pointless Semantics Tournament 2 :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm going to ask nicely, next time I might not be able to be nice: can we please drop this rather pointless argument and move on.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

@Skeering - Agree completely with Paul. His big moves are high reward but each leave each open for punishes. That's why I think he should be played turtle but I have no patience :p. I think a flaw of Paul's is his lack of versatility. He only plenty of moves that nobody would really use and his moveset is one of the smallest in the game already. Saying that, the moves he does have are great. I think he's a great character especially when used well, but to a top Korean player or something he would be too easy to punish to be played at a high level.

Also GGS to everyone who I played last Sunday!

So.
    I've filled out the form...
    (http://www.scribd.com/doc/7771818/Butt-Hurt-Report-Form)

But,
    Where do I send it to???
    :pac:

@BSG:
    Why do you have Leo so high?
    Is it because of the red-life taking ability?
    I think Mig is overall better than Leo, personally.

• Advertisement

@BSG:
    Why do you have Leo so high?
    Is it because of the red-life taking ability?
    I think Mig is overall better than Leo, personally.

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/ttt2/index.html?tc=ya0-trl6d7gm5sw66od9ctdgadoy945yf3go7xn73fffa2u76pxr1sov3eii7zar80cb5rbgcvgwaxce3d9980dz81jyaylr7zb6f2e23de15ui0d7f3crlk5pieaxk57ycd81i95qmvd4ak5uy26nov5mvv1zjx5psfe27n80euf77pf4ne95braecyf29ff2jld79ocwn75ow98zw8e8u790u8beu8e5w7bf5zjey58zy5bg-bkf-naSkeering

I have Miguel as much better balanced than Leo! :/

Well.... why Leo so high?

1: Incredibly reliable and damaging wall combos.
    2: Her CD low QCF1 tracks extremely well too both sides and covers insane range which is great for starting offense as it has great frames on hit. (also quite safe)
    3: Wall game mixup between db4,1 and db1+2 is just insane considering the mid is HC and does huge damage.
    4: Mixups from her stances are actually extremely good and easy to enforce on people.
    5: BOK 2 is a stupid launcher.
    6: Her bound moves are really good and basically means she can easily tag in and take red life with just about anyone.

Can't think of anymore right now.... but yeah I do have miguel as being a little better nevertheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I disagree, and I posted why :(

Also here's me defending my tier list on TZ.... I like that budding fighter guy, a real Baek head to the end. Stephen you should chat to him about playing Baek :p

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127189&perpage=20&pagenumber=10

Interesting read.
    I actually didn't realise she was that bad!
    I disagree, and I posted why :(
    Yup.
    And then in swooped Kane! :P
    The real kickers for me is Angels lack of movement, no poke tool quicker that 15f, thus no keep-out,no good pressure strings even and no relatively safe panic/counter tool (u+4 is VERY unsafe)
    Stephen you should chat to him about playing Baek :p
    Let me guess..... you internetzzz down again so you've come here to get your "trolls kicks" again huh??? :P

Anyways,
    I've spoken at length to both Budding and CaCarmen about Baek.
    Budding is not only a very knowledgable tekken player but a top guy to boot.
    He's very correct about Baek overall.

Baek's execution is level is just beyond stupid overall.
    He has the tools to compete, but, my biggest problem with him are his lack of partial-tracking moves, poor crush-attacksand hisrisk/reward being too unbalanced.
    My biggest disappointment was the neffing he received due to online players moaning because they couldn't deal with him.

His "fla SS" ability off of any "fla cancel" being nerfed as well as his frames and the timing to his cancel's being changed all made him sooooo much hard work to get that win. :mad:
    Fla 3,3 being changed to m,h was also a big nerf too, as it used to track both ways (partially) in T6 and was completely safe.

Just wanted to say also that I disagree with ppl saying that "all he has is the fla SS in behind juggle".
    Its just not true.
    He can be played in a very poke-based style if you want and he has a really nice CD game too.
    The fla SS into BT'ed juggle is an amazingly broken tool. Simple.

So, with juggles being a huge part of this game are you tellin me your not going to use this amazingy broken tool as often as possible???

I do believe, in the right hands, he could do REALLY well.

You should post this on the tier thread man... that's where the current Baek discussion is and I don't know what I'm talking about really :/

Although today I connected my first x3 iWS1 into wall combo.... kewl!

I'm still salty about Baek getting a bit of a nerf. Snake kicks into WS4,4 just doesn't work online as well as it used to. :D

I actually don't like his new ff+4 move though.

Try add the 3 to your ff4

Try add the 3 to your ff4

I know that it's just that the original ff+4 was a good move that hit grounded, the new ff+4,3 isn't a useful imo.

I might as well give this a plug here. I am going to be co-hosting tonight's episode of Tournament Standard Time with guest Lion-O. We are going to be talking about the London Tekken scene and more than likely the Irish one seeing as I am on this episode. Tune in if you wish, it is starting at 10 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/thepeoplesstream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

Beak is complex and ruthless execution for small payoff. Thank **** they at least left him with the Super Side step and gave him the anti-whatever-noob-bull****-you're-doing ff4,3

Advertisement