Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Gonna do up a quick summary of what I think of my chars and gonna place them in

High
    Mid
    Low
    Bottom

Asuka - Mid. I have no idea what Koreans put her at bottom, she has a lot of good tools, d2 and db3 alone can give the opponent hell. Constant threat of cancans can keep the opponent in check. Plenty of safe launchers and CH launchers, pretty solid pokes with df4, df1 and db3, she's probably one of the better turtles in the game. She can provide a lot of tag buffer red life combos, she's a monster for this. FF2,1_1+2 is a pretty sick move and the risk/reward is so in her favour especially at the wall, 1+2 is -12 but has pushback and can be hard to punish. Cancans is cheap as all hell. Pretty solid at the wall with safe wallsplatters and d1+2 low. Also f2's the best whiff punisher in the game imo, f4 and ff3 some of the best homing moves in the game too. Only significant downside I can see that's stopping me from putting her in high is her WS punishment, bad lows upclose to pressure with (db3 is a little scary to do as well since it's i20 with no crush) , i10 punisher is lol and she struggles getting the lifelead back big time.

Jun - Low - another character that people in general like to put at bottom but I think she's a bit underrated or at least not as horrendous as people say she is. Cancans again is pretty damn cheap. Has some nice moves like b4,2 NC and HC for 42ish damage, SS4 for + on block mid CH launcher, has f+2, ff3, f4 like Asuka. She can frustrate the opponent with d4, 13 damage unseeable low. Her CH launchers are decent enough with uf3, cancans and SS4. Also like Asuka she has SS2 that she can force people to respect her. She's also one of the best characters to pick up from tag buffers, f3, b2,1 etc and her juggle damage is really high. Why I think she's not that great is so many of her stuff are high strings, she has pretty bad lows (db3 is seeable, I think db2 is a bit seeable as well and d4 isn't enough to make them duck), she doesn't have any good safe launchers besides ff1+2 which is horrendously slow. Her punishers are really weak, and doesn't get a launcher til i16 and it's an auto bound move which kills combo potential. But she's not bottom tier, no way.

Xiaoyu/Miharu - bottom - they're just ass lol. Bad lows, bad tracking, bad mixups, evasion isn't as good as previous games and transitions are slower, the tag mechanics works against them in this game. They have goodish pokes at least. Bad mixups being, eat this mid launcher that can be massively punished or take this BT throw that doesn't lead to much and can be broken anyway. They're horrendously free to SWL in open and SWR in AOP. Bad lows being db4 which has no range/tracking, SS4 is ok at best but still - on hit. (Miharu fixes this issue a little with her slide). Overall Xiaoyu is better due to her having more consistent tools over MIharu (like uf3+4 giving guaranteed 4~3, df1+2 switching sides at wall even on break, back layout for oki and traps, better i14 punisher amongst other things) but that's not saying much. Was looking at other characters to use with Asuka like Lili, Michelle and some others, gonna try and stay away from Lings now, too much work for little return.

I've other chars that I play around with but those 3 I know the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

I've been using a lot of Lars with Asuka lately.....

I JUST WANT TO CRY THE COMBO DAMAGE IS SO HIGH AND SO EASY!!!!!!! HIS DB2 TAKES RED LIFE OFF ALL HER LAUNCHERS EVEN F4 DB4,3 WHEN SLIGHTLY OFF AXIS..... AND ALL HIS LAUNCHERS ARE TAG BUFFER ABLE EXCEPT UF3 (which would be retatded).... SO BASICALLY EVERY LAUNCH IS RED LIFE.....

Still though he could do with a buff. :cool:

I was actually trying Lars/Bruce for a bit, soooooooo good.

When I'm wall carrying with Bruce through 3~2 f1 x n, how do I bound at the wall then or bound during the carry, cuz they always seems to splat really low at the wall to get a bound or float too far away to get a bound during the carry?

End Bruce's carry with f2,4 is a good way? Then you can bound with d3+4 at the wall. Or you can do the 3~2 f1,2 instead I think

During the carry you can bound with df4~f MTS 1 or something like that. It think that's the notation??

Oooooooo I'll try that out :D

This team is actually kinda unfair lol, Bruce's wall carry and Lar's ridiculous wall damage is insane and they're both really solid characters outside of that too lol.

• Advertisement

Yeah back in the early days of TTT2 I got sick of loosing online so I picked up a Lars Bruce team and played Stephen a lot with them lol. They are both really good and really easy to use and learn. So they're really popular characters.

Only problem is it's hard to surprise people with them since they're so well known.

What interests me in this is that...
    It confirms T x SF
    Also I can't help but wonder what the secret project is????

Harada and Micheal Murray recently did a panel at SDCC to talk about Tekken Revolution. It was overall things everyone already knows, but there are some interesting things he said. Here a list of some of things he discussed below.

- The Hwoarang/Dragunov update is already released in Japan, the US update is expected to come by the end of this month.

- The costumes and such will be included in this July update

- There is NO PC port for Tekken Revolution planned. The game was designed completeley for PS3 hardware in mind and his team doesn't have the resources to port it to the PC.

- If there is any specific outfit, character, or any update you're interested in seeing post it on Harada's twitter. He says he can't answer all of them because he receives over 300 messages a day, but he does listen.

- Tekken X Street Fighter is still in development. It's not ready to be shown to the public yet. Capcom just announced the Capcom Cup with SFxT still in the circuit so Harada doesn't want TxSF to cannibalize the performance of Capcom's title.

- Offline Versus isn't something Namco is ready to release for Tekken Revolution. Namco isn't running a charity or volunteer work and can't just release a free game and let people play it indefinitely. If it is going to be released as a paid mode, then it is something possible.

- Tekken 4 uneven stages and mid-stage obstacles are not something he's ready to bring back to Tekken. He said Tekken 4's reception was a real low point for himself based on customer feedback and he doesn't want to make that same mistake again.

- TTT2 Console exclusive characters will not be going to the Arcade version. He does not have the staff or budget currently to make that happen.

- Tekken Revolution currently has had approximately 1.6 million downloads. They are aiming for 2 million downloads by the end of 2013.

- Harada is currently working on 3 projects concurrently. His new project will be announced in 2014 and claims it will surprise everyone.

- Check back tomorrow 3PM-4PM PST for the Future of Fighting Games Panel where he will show the results of the Tekken Revolution poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Beak is complex and ruthless execution for small payoff.
    Probably the best summation of Baek I've ever read. :thumbu:
    Thank **** they at least left him with the Super Side step
    Yeah, but they made it a seriously hard JF and removed the ability to do it of any fla cancel.
    Now it can only be done off 4,3,3~f and 3+4~f.

It really pissed me off that he got nerfed so much.

BTW man,
    I'd left this here for you the last time, but you haven't been on here in ages!
    Me thinks you'll enjoy it! :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TpXV_ceCo4&feature=youtu.be&t=5m5s

@Fergus;
    Yeah they're just too easy man.
    Both of 'em have to many OP safe moves and really good damage for sweet FA!

@BSG;
    Very interseting read. Where's the source man?
    Really show's how limited they are in terms of reasources atm. :(

I too am curious as to what the other project is....

Gonna try Asuka/Bruce now, this team is sooooo sick.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Gonna try Asuka/Bruce now, this team is sooooo sick.

You've no idea! :eek:

Over 100 from CH B2 no walls

Although because Adanish and Dilly were using that team I decided to try another.... also Malekith kicked my ass when I faught him with that team :(

• Advertisement

It's sooooo dirty and easy, why bother with Jun and Miharu when you have B+2!

3,2~f 1 off db4,3~5 is nasty.

...why bother with Jun and Miharu when you have B+2!....

Careful now.... you're going down a slippery "tier whore" slope!

But it's too stronk D:

And CD3 is ridiculous and the wall carry and the b2 and the damage and the b2 and the sick mids and the b2 and the safe launchers and the b2.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

But it's too stronk D:

And CD3 is ridiculous and the wall carry and the b2 and the damage and the b2 and the sick mids and the b2 and the safe launchers and the b2.

lili's df3 is better no?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Results just in for the TR char poll.

1. Female Vampire (A young girl, long imprisoned by the Rochefort family)
    2. Sexy Female Tekken Force Character
    3. Shin Kamiya

I wanted the Tekken Force chick to win so I'm glad she is in second.
    I wanted the Vampire girl to look like Nitara from MK:DE
    As for Shin..... if he makes it, Heihachi versus Shin should be a 10:0 matchup. :D

The article on SRK has some concept art for the characters.

http://shoryuken.com/2013/07/19/namco-bandai-to-select-original-character-for-tekken-revolution-during-san-diego-comic-con-panel-tomorrow/

Ah crap I wanted sumo girl!

Vampire was my second choice though!

I wanted Ganmi-chan, Shin and the Salmon D:

@Jun, b+2 is faster, has more range and gives a better combo.

But the great thing about Lili's is that it gives + frames and forces your opponent into crouch!

Lili df3 if my favorite move in Tekken for some reason, always has been...

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

@Jun, b+2 is faster, has more range and gives a better combo.

I'd take lili's df+3 over b2 anyday

Don't get me wrong, Lili's df+3 is really gdlk as well. Her FF4 makes people go insane lol.

• Advertisement

Skeering, we should take up Asuka/Bruce and make Dilly proud :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

@Bento;
    Firstly, fair play for the podcast man.
    You did a solid job and it was an interesting listen. :thumbu:

I nearly woke my GF's parents laughing when you came back complaining of a bat being in your house!! :pac: :D

Think you were a little unfair about the RanBats organisation though man. :-/
    Its VERY difficult to try to get 9~10 ppl to always have a particular date free every month.
    Life always gets in the way.
    Sure, you yourself couldn't make it to one of the sessions cause of the aul LC! :-/

Anyways,
    It was extremely interesting to listen to Liono.
    Sounds like the kind of guy I'd love to hang with! :cool:
    Great story bout Harada and Ono too! :)
    He has great thoughts on organising events and I feel he's completely right about how to improve events over-all.
    Cost is a huge factor, making ppl feel welcome, and providing other means of entertainment aswell-as set-ups to keep ppl contented is a great idea too.
    However, in order to do all that, you'd need a good sized budget and there would have to be assurances (or atleast a high degree of confidence in) a solid turnout.
    But, I'll not get into tournament turnouts and all that...

He made some solid suggestions for us to improve our scene. We should definitely target the colleges/universities.
    Regarding "the tekken scene" here;
    I feel the biggest thing we need to do is the same thing we need to do overall in the FGC.
    We need to make an effort to go to other places in the country and connect our scenes.
    Doesn't need to be all of us going. Just a few.
    It would get ppl out of the wood-work in other places whilst also promoting our presence in the game and the community escence across the country.

BTW,
    For those who haven't checked it out, its definitely worth a listen :)

@Kuro;
    You'll be pleased to see these changes to Hwo in TR man! :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjU2jx9GTBs
    -Notation change for f+3~3 to d+3+4 (also Hwo's invincible move)
    -Notation Change for d+3+4 to u/b+3+4
    -Property change of u+3+4 to T5 dr status
    -Animation and Property change of f+1+2 giving inescapable gut-stun
    -Property change of LFS d/f+3. Now JG on CH.
    -LFS f4,3_RFS f+4,3 hit animation change with guarenteed follow-up. (think LFF d/f+3,3)
    -Property change; RFF 3~4 (backlash) now gives JG on NH. Same animation as RFF (4), 4
    -LFS Unblockable damage buff.

Also,
    He didn't say it but it looks like d+3,4 got a damage reduction AGAIN!!! :mad:
    Either that or the damage scaling is different in TR

Hwo looks pretty damn sick in this game. :cool:
    I would say that the LFS d/f+3 JG on CH is pretty ****ing broken tbh!
    It's gonna make a lot of his attacks which lead directly to LFS much scarier since ppl will now be more afraid to do d+1's.

@Bento;

I nearly woke my GF's parents laughing when you came back complaining of a bat being in your house!! :pac: :D

Its VERY difficult to try to get 9~10 ppl to always have a particular date free every month.
    Sure, you yourself couldn't make it to one of the sessions cause of the aul LC! :-/

Anyways,
    He has great thoughts on organising events and I feel he's completely right about how to improve events over-all.
    Cost is a huge factor, making ppl feel welcome, and providing other means of entertainment aswell-as set-ups to keep ppl contented is a great idea too.
    However, in order to do all that, you'd need a good sized budget and there would have to be assurances (or atleast a high degree of confidence in) a solid turnout.

He made some solid suggestions for us to improve our scene. We should definitely target the colleges/universities.
    I feel the biggest thing we need to do is the same thing we need to do overall in the FGC.
    We need to make an effort to go to other places in the country and connect our scenes.
    It would get ppl out of the wood-work in other places whilst also promoting our presence in the game and the community escence across the country.

BTW,
    For those who haven't checked it out, its definitely worth a listen

Thanks for the feedback man.
    In hindsight I was a little harsh on the organisation of the ranbats but that's just the way I make fun of the Irish scene in general, our organisation skills aren't the greatest. :pac:

Lion-o was a really interesting bloke to talk to. He was really funny and he had a lot of interesting words to say. I was talking to him quite a bit when we were off air as well and we talked a lot about growing the scene then. If we ever need advice about something like that I can easily just hit him up again to ask for more help.

That bloody bat though. I felt like I was playing Injustice and Batman activated his trait. :D

The archive of the episode will be uploaded to youtube soon so if anyone wants to watch it that way they can shortly.

Yeah unfortunately I had to stop watching it cause of my crap internet :(

But what did you say bad about the scene?!? ;):D:mad::(:eek:

Nothing really just that the Irish scene in general doesn't have the greatest organisational skills. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

@Bento;

Anyways,

BTW,
    For those who haven't checked it out, its definitely worth a listen :)

@Kuro;
    You'll be pleased to see these changes to Hwo in TR man! :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjU2jx9GTBs
    -Notation change for f+3~3 to d+3+4 (also Hwo's invincible move)
    -Notation Change for d+3+4 to u/b+3+4
    -Property change of u+3+4 to T5 dr status
    -Animation and Property change of f+1+2 giving inescapable gut-stun
    -Property change of LFS d/f+3. Now JG on CH.
    -LFS f4,3_RFS f+4,3 hit animation change with guarenteed follow-up. (think LFF d/f+3,3)
    -Property change; RFF 3~4 (backlash) now gives JG on NH. Same animation as RFF (4), 4
    -LFS Unblockable damage buff.

Also,
    He didn't say it but it looks like d+3,4 got a damage reduction AGAIN!!! :mad:
    Either that or the damage scaling is different in TR

Hwo looks pretty damn sick in this game. :cool:
    I would say that the LFS d/f+3 JG on CH is pretty ****ing broken tbh!
    It's gonna make a lot of his attacks which lead directly to LFS much scarier since ppl will now be more afraid to do d+1's.
    Link please :D

Jaysus! Relaaaax have a cold beer and sit outside :D

trecs wrote: »
    Jaysus! Relaaaax have a cold beer and sit outside :D

Can't do.... the weather will be nice for ages and I've work to do :pac:

trecs wrote: »
    Link please :D

Here is the Twitch archive. The youtube one should be up soon if you have trouble watching it on Twitch. Just note that for the first few minutes of the show one of the lads had his mic on mute, that's why we are saying nothing for the first few mins. :D

http://www.twitch.tv/thepeoplesstream/b/432437163

• Advertisement

Can't do.... the weather will be nice for ages and I've work to do :pac:

Lawn mower duty?

Advertisement