Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

Fergus_ wrote: »
    When I get my accommodation sorted and I'm settled back in Dublin, I'll post more about a monthly tourny series that I've been planning for the last while.

finally Season 1 of 'Tekken X Fergus' :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Name is still up for debate <_>

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Infergeddon.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

When's Tekken x Fergus? :D

I'm just after looking at my calendar and I realised that this game has been released on consoles for exactly a year. :eek:

So after a year of playing this game what do you guys think of it in general? Also I looked at my profile and it says my total play time is 250 hours. So after a year how many hours have you guys stacked up on your profiles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Its a massive step up from T6 IMO. Much more fluid, and the game works faster. I'd like to say that its more balanced, although just nerfing Lars was enough!

I think when T7 comes around we might just realise how much of a great and fun Tekken this was.

Tourney and stuff

http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dwy

I'm just after looking at my calendar and I realised that this game has been released on consoles for exactly a year. :eek:

So after a year of playing this game what do you guys think of it in general? Also I looked at my profile and it says my total play time is 250 hours. So after a year how many hours have you guys stacked up on your profiles?

I think it's good for what it is but I still consider it like an updated T6 (in ways) with tag, like the customization was a fun cool unique thing in T6 but it seriously feels downgraded in comparison. The only serious complaint I've ever had about the game though mind is the way you can't really just jump into it, pick two characters you want and be as successful as other duo synergies.

An example would be the way the game does really feel heavily dependent on the combo damage and I feel kind of forced to play someone I don't like alongside my favorite just because I'd do better. In the end it is a good game for what it is but I won't ever look at it as anything other than a nostalgic feeling and a path for the gap between Tekken 6 to Tekken 7 :pac:

Also I have like 400 hours clocked on XBL and 100 on PSN >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

quick late night drunk question. Jack6 in tekken revolution: does he play similarly to Jack(?) in TTT2?

Anyone have both games? Thinking of picking Tag up as ik having a lot of fun with revolution and the Jack love has passed on from SFxTK to Rev and hopefully to TT2.... fecking awespme Arnie robot truck of doom he is :D

Or should I just stick with revolution. The whole 5 games every few hours suits me perfectly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

So after a year of playing this game what do you guys think of it in general?

I think that I preferred T6BR, I felt like I had more control in it or something.... TTT2 just has too many random factors when it comes to tagging in etc and at times I've even experienced "infinites" in the game. Aside from that (I hate that this always comes up but...) there's just too much bloody match-ups to go over.

I will say though that TTT2 is way more fun, especially the pair play, we don't do that enough. And I do love all the characters, it'll be sad to see them go but it's going to happen I think. It would be good to see the tag option stay in for T7 as well as the solo one, but I guess that would never work.

I'd probably go with Lei if it was a solo game.

Didn't play T6 competitively so can't comment. Rip Jun and Miharu.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

TTT2 is a great game, but it's not without it's few flaws.

I think the netsu system is silly (don't know why it was even introduced in t6?),

IMO when you tag crash your second character should have full invincibility when they are tagging out (so many times I've tag crashed in, and my second character gets hit by some stray move while he's trying to escape and gets KOd, this is ridiculous. This just doesn't seem right for a 3d game, my other character shouldn't still be comboable while my second one is tagged in/tagging in. Happy Birthdays need to stay in marvel, it makes no sense here, given the risk/reward of the tag crash system. The second character should have no hitbox while trying to escape off screen, especially while in the "leaving the stage" animation, while tagging out)

Balance wise it seems fairly good, mishimas are too good in this game. Lots of great characters and fun team combinations, but like every FG there's a dominant top tier, but the mishimas are just a little too good

The Mishimas are definitely a little too good. The tracking on EWGF..... (holy mother..... ) But unless you are fighting Knee or JDCR it doesn't matter too much, I can't think of anyone outside Korea who has had success with Mishimas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Nah, I wouldn't agree, they're still really powerful characters, not mentioning specific players. They have all the tools for the job, and EWGF tracking is silly :eek:

100 page Tekken thread wooh! :D

38 for me :V

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Dwy wrote: »
    An example would be the way the game does really feel heavily dependent on the combo damage and I feel kind of forced to play someone I don't like alongside my favorite just because I'd do better.
    Paul & Yoshi - Paul's basic launcher gives me maximum damage of 78 with Yosh, not great considering the damage others can throw up. Just pick the characters your best with and work from there IMO. Byakko now with little game time. Holla at me bra :D

Ok what do you all think of a TTT2 tourney for Sat 28th in the XGC?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Ok what do you all think of a TTT2 tourney for Sat 28th in the XGC?

Tekken X Fergus on the 28th is OK :P

• Advertisement

I think that's good for me too.

Grand then.

Hope to have it for like 2/3 with 10 euros entry (5 for consoles, 5 for tourney pot) and 2 setups.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dwy

Might not be able to make it for this as my dad whom directs me will be busy on the day, will try work something out though

Anyone up for tekken today? I'm bored in dublin :/

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

Had you have mentioned a little earlier (or had I have noticed it a little earlier before 3pm), I would started heading up to Dublin. :/ Otherwise, I won't be able to get up there til 6pm or so if I were decided to go as soon as possible.

Can't make it today but I'm moving in next Tues/Wed so should be around often!

There's a guy coming from Tyrone down to this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BruBumble

I've been playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 online for quite a while now, always been trying to find any tournaments or anything, y'know? A friend of mine who runs SSF4 tournaments down here in Cork put me onto here. So... if there are any tournaments going on... I fight with Kuma (and maybe Panda) a lot of the time. I'd love to pop along to a tournament or two if they're happening.

I play Street Fighter 4 too, of course, I'm just not as good at it as Tekken, hahah :P

Very good timing to join us!

We have a small-scale (but numbers are looking good now) tourney in the Xtreme Gaming Centre (XGC) on Liffey Street in Dublin.

We plan to start at about 2/3 and hopefully finish up at 7/8 (and plenty of casuals in between and after)

10 euro entry (5 euro goes for renting the consoles) and 5 euro for the tourney (goes to the prize pot)

https://maps.google.ie/maps?q=google+maps+Liffey+Street+Dublin&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&hnear=Liffey+Street+Lower,+Dublin&gl=ie&t=m&z=16

• Advertisement

How'd you get the Jun Avatar! :O

Advertisement