Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Huehuehuehue..............noob

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

But I'm a premium supporter on TZ! :(

Oh well at least I get access to the secret archives.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Won't be able to compete this coming Sat.
    I tweaked my left tricep a week ago and still recovering.
    I hope to pop on in and just have the craic with ya's if i have the time, but even that's looking unlikely atm as my laptop crashed two days ago (typically right before college ****ING STARTS!!!! :mad: :mad: ) and I'm already behind in other things as it is.

Anyways,
    I agree with Novi that TTT2 has an awful lot to offer and I believe it will remain on the competitive scene for a while.
    I also agree with BFG that I felt I could compete more in T6 BR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I'll try and make this, any chance to play offline :)

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Ramza wrote: »
    I'll try and make this, any chance to play offline :)

ye ok ramza :P

• Advertisement

Managed to secure a camera so we can record the matches :)

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Managed to secure a camera so we can record the matches :)

I don't own a PS3 stick, that will probably cause some problems during tourney :o:(

Well you can use our sticks if you want to.

Well you can use our sticks if you want to.

Whats prize pot?

Also a friend of mine who plays tekken may be tagging along with me :)

Well it's 10 euro entry with 5 euro going for consoles and 5 euro going for the pot.

So depends on the turnout (5 a head), probably gonna split the money within top 3 in a 60/30/10 ratio or something.

Also you guys should totally come to this, be radical

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057045907

• Advertisement

Anyone up for casuals today?

Scratch that, can't come in today.

Plz no custom tekken tunes on stages either, leave it all on default music for tourney. I'm deadly serious, I'd deem it unfair if someone had a really distracting song on or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Might try drop in for this - not played the game in about 4 months so I'll no doubt be awful

I'll get my ass kicked maybe but should be a bit of craic, I'll be there!

Oh What's the time frame for the tournament? I vote for early afternoon onwards, as I was hoping to meet some friends in Dublin that evening.

About 2/3 til I'm guessing 7/8 at the latest?

@Aaron - good to see you back :)

@Ramza, that shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

I'll most likely be in around 3-4pm. It's the earliest I can do, unless I miss training tomorrow somehow... If that happens, I'll be in by 2-3pm. :V

Finally can do Nina's max damage staple with reasonable consistency... I guess I can die happy now :)

94 damage red life off Asuka f2.

• Advertisement

Lili/Michelle's wall damage together is lol and the oki afterwards is gdlk.

Plus Michelle converts so well off Lili's stuff, anything iWS2~5 shotgunlulz

We're putting off the Tourny today, there's a few of us for casuals. If enough people come in the next 30 mins, we can still go ahead with it.

SICK!

Also, some ranked matches I recorded, while testing new recording settings. I don't claim to be a good player at all :o, just some fun games :) Oh and for some reason my device decided to cut off the start of each match, so had to cut them a bit short at start

I will be in for casuals at about 3/4 if anyone else is coming in.

Spent a few hours going over Dr.B oki out of boredom.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=4688945#post4688945

If you do the same for Feng you'll be pretty amazed by his oki. Nice work there.

Dr.B genuinely has some sick stuff at the wall because you can't back off from his d4 mixups so he has a 50/50 totally in his favour, MAD 3 is a tag bufferable launcher that low crushes and is SAFE and MAD 4 tracks like hell and has loads of range.

He has some cheap wallsplats too, f1+4 is a safe wallsplater that moves him forward and it seems to have some high crush frames, d1+2 is a + on block wallsplatter, b4 is a low crush homing mid that's safe and has decent range. He also has ZEN 1 (sit stance into upflying explosion thing) which is launch punishable but the mixup is very easily forced.

He also has Aking's db3, high crush low that gives a combo on CH and +5 on hit and he also has something similar to Akings 3+4,2, (his ff2,1) if they try to jab after the ff2 on block, they get smacked (he falls over for the 1 bit so you get a crappy punish) and with ff2, he goes into BT where you can go for a BT 50/50 throw ala Lings, or generic d4 to get out of it and you can mix that and the 50/50 throw with BT 1+2 where he just explodes on them for decent damage.

He also has a really sick i12 punisher, 40 damage into a MAD 50/50.

He also has safe launchers lol, df2 and ff4~2. Has a + on block WR move that also hits grounded. Sit stance crushes sooooooo well and fast and you can play mindgames with it by just going into it and covering the gap by rolling out of it. He has a decent CH launcher as well with db2.

He also has a tag bufferable i15 WS launcher. And his solo damage is decent with f1+2 ender giving guaranteed MAD 2 in open play (this hurts like **** in rage)

He has a good df1 (i14 tho but it's -1 on block) and he has a good low with db4 which has nice range and is only -1 on hit, and d3 is a high crush low. And d4 on hit gives a free MAD 50/50. (Couldn't escape out of it as far as I tested, Lili might be able to SS it) And ofc his buttslide is good too, if it hits you in any position besides FUFT, I can go for a 2nd one.

This char is better than people give him credit for, just gotta delve into proper mindgames with him utilizing his stances, the only thing I really want is an option to go into MAD stance manually but I guess that'd be kinda cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Dr.B genuinely has some sick stuff at the wall because you can't back off from his d4 mixups so he has a 50/50 totally in his favour, MAD 3 is a tag bufferable launcher that low crushes and is SAFE and MAD 4 tracks like hell and has loads of range.

He has some cheap wallsplats too, f1+4 is a safe wallsplater that moves him forward and it seems to have some high crush frames, d1+2 is a + on block wallsplatter, b4 is a low crush homing mid that's safe and has decent range. He also has ZEN 1 (sit stance into upflying explosion thing) which is launch punishable but the mixup is very easily forced.

He also has Aking's db3, high crush low that gives a combo on CH and +5 on hit and he also has something similar to Akings 3+4,2, (his ff2,1) if they try to jab after the ff2 on block, they get smacked (he falls over for the 1 bit so you get a crappy punish) and with ff2, he goes into BT where you can go for a BT 50/50 throw ala Lings, or generic d4 to get out of it and you can mix that and the 50/50 throw with BT 1+2 where he just explodes on them for decent damage.

He also has a really sick i12 punisher, 40 damage into a MAD 50/50.

He also has safe launchers lol, df2 and ff4~2. Has a + on block WR move that also hits grounded. Sit stance crushes sooooooo well and fast and you can play mindgames with it by just going into it and covering the gap by rolling out of it. He has a decent CH launcher as well with db2.

He also has a tag bufferable i15 WS launcher. And his solo damage is decent with f1+2 ender giving guaranteed MAD 2 in open play (this hurts like **** in rage)

He has a good df1 (i14 tho but it's -1 on block) and he has a good low with db4 which has nice range and is only -1 on hit, and d3 is a high crush low.

This char is better than people give him credit for, just gotta delve into proper mindgames with him utilizing his stances, the only thing I really want is an option to go into MAD stance manually but I guess that'd be kinda cheap.

cake

Advertisement